Oklahoma
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
My first request is for my brother. You see my mom's car's heater died and she tried to fix it but it got to cold... and so she couldn't put it back together and so we tried to get a hold of my brother.. We tried his cell phone dorm phone and tons of other places.. eventually we went to his dorm to wait on himwell he never showed up so we left around 10:30... and so my mom wasn't going to have anyway to get to work today if she didn't get his truck from him. Well he never came home all night... So I leave for school and I figure maybe he just doesn't want to talk to mom for some stupid reason.. and so I called him from one of my teacher's classrooms and still no answer... So I left a message saying he needed to get a hold of mom cause we're worried about him.. etc.. and then my English teacher Ms. Simmons told him (on the message) "that he needed to straighten up and take care of it" So I'm thankful to her for doing that I think it might make a difference. But anyways So later I called my dad telling him we couldn't get a hold of Jerrad and so he said he would look for him.. and try to get a hold of him... and within 20 mins. I recieved a phone message saying that they found him and that he was okay! I was so relieved I was crying! Because I love my brother!! Well it turns out he drove to Utah to go see ZAO in concert! I am very angry at him because he promised all of us that he wasn't going to go! But I really would appreciate it a lot if you would keep him in your prayers.. My parents are recently divorced and my brother is being so hard-headed.. He's falling away from God and church and he's always got me worried about him... He thinks he's an adult but everytime he does stupid things like this... and plus if he doesn't make better than C's this year in his classes he's not going to TU anymore.. and I don't want to see that... But everytime he puts himself out on the line like this.. I find that he's less an adult than he was when he graduated High school! He's just making very bad choices right now and it's the worst time to be making them! Please pray for him and my family?

My second request is for our church's now former Youth pastorand his family. God is expanding their He opened up a huge door in their lives... Well they've always had oppertunities to become Senior Pastors but they just never felt right about it. They started by putting their house up for sell and it sold in 7 days so they new something was up... and that it's was God's doing.. then they went to the church and they were voted in by a 100% vote... So they new that they had to leave.. We (the youth group) support them all the way! But I can't help but think we've made ti so much harder to leave by doing so many thing for them... We made them a collage.. gave them a box with letters in it for all of us... we've been singing songs like Friends, Every Moment, and all of those songs.. I just feel so attached to them.. I'm going to miss them so much because they've been here ever since I started going to the youth group.. Please keep them in your prayers they're last Sunday was this past one.. And they offically move out Thursday.. Please keep our Youth group in your prayers because we're without a youth minister right now.. We have guests lined up to speak but we need someone they we're attached to.. Please just pray for us to accept this and be good leaders while we're in this transition. Thank you very much...

Oh and it would be nice to have a snow-day... lol I need a break.. lol.. j/k

Thank you for your prayers. God Bless All!

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Be with your brother as he tends to a lot of things but doing them wisely & according to God's plan and purpose. And watching out for both of yours mom. And your youth minister as he goes elsewhere as the Lord is calling him to do.

Upvote 0

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
May the Lord be with your brother and give him peace nad protection as he adjusts and transcends this difficult time in his life, may his transition be peaceful; may there be understanding and compassion from those who seek to support him; may peace be restored with in your family; may your family and church needs be met. INJC :pray:

Upvote 0

MysticSmurf

MouseGurl
Apr 13, 2004
Oklahoma
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Bless you all!! for your prayers.. My brother sent me this e-mail and some of it makes me less worried about him.. but Ill always be worried about him.

Rachel I'm sorry I scared you. Alright? I didn't mean to worry you.
I'm okay. Mom and dad are freaking out on me really bad. In case you
don't know, I went to Utah this weekend. Stephanie and I went. You
tell me, what do you think of her? Mom's convinced we're sleeping
together and all that and she's calling her a s***. I'm not down with
that. Like mom said, I was raised better than that. Just because she
messed her life up when she was young, doesn't mean I'm going to. Like
Victoria said, "Some of us still have values..." I just don't want you
to be mad/sad/worried about me. I know that's hard to ask, but I'm
fine. (well, i'll be fine...) Just keep praying for me. (if you still
haven't given up all hope on your big brother, heh.) Rachel, mom tries
to include you in to part of this problem with me. She says I'm
ignoring you and everything. I don't want to do that. I'm sorry if I
haven't been around as much as you'd like. Just send me an email some
time and I'll try to come and see you. In the mean time, I need a
vehicle. Mom (as I'm sure you know) took the truck. I know you don't
want her to, but why can't she just use your car? Drop you off at
school and you could get a ride home. You've done it before and I had
to do it a few times Junior year. Well, anyway. I'm sorry if I sound
gripey. I never wanted you to be scared. I do love you, seriously. I'm
gonna go ahead and get off here. I just needed to tell you this. Even
Matt Walker IMed me and told me you were so scared. I felt so so bad.
I was really bad yesterday... not just because of you, but other
things too. I had a true nervous breakdown and actually started
crying. I haven't cried in I don't know how many years. My mind was
just crazy. I'm doing better now. I just needed you to know I'm
alright, I'm not ignoring you, and not to worry so much. Your big
brother is fine. (I still talk to God and it's not quite my time to go
yet, hehe. He's still got plans for me.) If you need anything, you'll
have to call my dorm room (6314924). Dad took my phone. (If you could
convince him other wise of this decision, I'd be forever grateful. You
know how much people need to get ahold of me. I'm a pretty important
person, hehe.) If you leave a voice mail, don't expect anything soon.
It looks as if I'm going to have to take a baseball bat over to
Telecommunications to get my way, lol. I'll get off here now and leave
you be. I love you. -Jerrad

Upvote 0

dia_liom

Senior Contributor
Jan 30, 2005
Kansas
✟20,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I pray that your brother will be drawn back to Christ, and that both he & you will find peace & comfort in Him.

I ask, too, for the youth group to find a new, dynamic, and powerful leader who will help the young people in your community come to God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.