Secretly Nancy Drew
May 29, 2014
Somewhere in the South
✟16,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. I'm having a hard time grasping what salvation really is and how to have it. I've read so much that I'm just confused. Even simply "believe in Jesus" can have so many different nuances. Also, I lack motivation to work through my spiritual issues, and I am scared of God. Please pray that I will understand God's love, be able to give my life fully - not partially - to Him, and learn to put Him first and follow Him. And that I will finally find the peace and rest that He promises.

2. There is someone I care about a lot whose spiritual situation I'm not 100% clear on, but he accepted Christ last year and is really making an effort to learn and to get plugged in at church. Please pray that he will grow strong in faith in Christ.

Reactions: brinny

Joy

John 3:16
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
May 21, 2004
West Midlands
✟1,411,502.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. I'm having a hard time grasping what salvation really is and how to have it. I've read so much that I'm just confused. Even simply "believe in Jesus" can have so many different nuances. Also, I lack motivation to work through my spiritual issues, and I am scared of God. Please pray that I will understand God's love, be able to give my life fully - not partially - to Him, and learn to put Him first and follow Him. And that I will finally find the peace and rest that He promises.

2. There is someone I care about a lot whose spiritual situation I'm not 100% clear on, but he accepted Christ last year and is really making an effort to learn and to get plugged in at church. Please pray that he will grow strong in faith in Christ.

Praying for you both

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Heavenly Father, please touch these children of Yours who are seeking for You. Bring them closer to You, that they might find their faith, and that they may be assured of their salvation. Guide them as they struggle to grow in their faith, and give to them Your peace.
Strengthen them, Lord, that they may always walk as Your own beloved child, and let them be an example for others.
In Jesus' precious Name,
Amen
356058-albums5937-50321.jpg

Upvote 0

Joy

John 3:16
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
May 21, 2004
West Midlands
✟1,411,502.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As I read this earlier what stood out was the statement 'and I am scared of God.'

I remembered this as I read Matt 6 25-34 and v26 says Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

This passage is just one which shows God is our heavenly Father and he loves and cares for each of us personally and I believe He wants you to know this.
I hope this encourages you today.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Bless yer heart, what a precious request. It is written that when we seek God with our whole hearts, we will find Him. We CAN bring ALL of our many uncertainties to Him and just tell Him about them, and that we're scared of Him and just like the guy in the Bible who said to Jesus "Lord I believe, help my unbelief", we can do the same. We CANNOT believe on our own. Faith is a GIFT from God. We can ask for it, and we can ask others to pray for us (just like you did here) as we "seek His face" (which is precious to Him.......Moses did that and "found" Him in the most wunnerful and delightful way. It "blesses" God's heart when we seek Him. Praying that you can sense Him moooooving in your heart, mind, and soul, and that His peace and His joy are yours as He intervenes and ministers to you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

nigheandonn

Secretly Nancy Drew
May 29, 2014
Somewhere in the South
✟16,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all so much for praying.

MollieSue said:
As I read this earlier what stood out was the statement 'and I am scared of God.'

I remembered this as I read Matt 6 25-34 and v26 says Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

This passage is just one which shows God is our heavenly Father and he loves and cares for each of us personally and I believe He wants you to know this. I hope this encourages you today.

Being scared of God is one of my biggest problems. :( I guess when I've tried to seek God in the past and felt like I haven't gotten all that far, it's made me think He doesn't care. I know this is wrong, but I have this image of Him as just waiting for me to fail and not be saved so He can punish me. Like He doesn't love me that much yet because I'm not saved. But that makes me scared of Him (and honestly it makes me kind of not want to seek Him, but I can't let that get to me because I know biblically He's not like that), and I'm also just scared of the idea of something that much bigger than me existing, both God Himself and His narrative for the world. And I'm scared of never being able to live up to what a Christian should be like.

brinny said:
Bless yer heart, what a precious request. It is written that when we seek God with our whole hearts, we will find Him. We CAN bring ALL of our many uncertainties to Him and just tell Him about them, and that we're scared of Him and just like the guy in the Bible who said to Jesus "Lord I believe, help my unbelief", we can do the same. We CANNOT believe on our own. Faith is a GIFT from God. We can ask for it, and we can ask others to pray for us (just like you did here) as we "seek His face" (which is precious to Him.......Moses did that and "found" Him in the most wunnerful and delightful way. It "blesses" God's heart when we seek Him. Praying that you can sense Him moooooving in your heart, mind, and soul, and that His peace and His joy are yours as He intervenes and ministers to you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Thanks brinny :hug: What scares me is that I'm not sure I'm capable of seeking Him with my whole heart. I feel divided, and I've asked for help with that... How does someone even seek God, anyway? I've been praying and going to church and campus ministries, but what else?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Awwwwww....bless yer heart, yer NOT capable of seeking Him with all yer heart....NONE of us are...it's His Holy Spirit that makes it possible....

I've been there.....praying for you, that He mooooves in yer heart, mind, and soul as only He can do, precious...

Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. ((((hug))))

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,081,290.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Remembering this need in prayer. Also taking these needs in prayer in the 1:15 PM BBNRadio.org Family Altar Program.

Lets see... How simple is salvation...

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:13

How simple is that :confused: From there the #1 task is to grow your faith!

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. - Matthew 17:20 [Full Chapter]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums