xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
The researchers created the synthetic by cell modeling the chemical reactions of evolved cells. If I remember correctly they first modeled the chemical reactions needed for a minimal cell then the reactions needed for reproduction. Put more simply, they duplicated natural processes in a lab.
but they still used design. right?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟242,237.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think an avalanche is a robot, but by your definition it is.

Do you think an avalanche is a robot? If not, you need to come up with a new definition.
I think he's just trying another snow job.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
so what is your definition?

Not playing this game. You are the one making the claim, so you need to provide a good definition of what a robot is. If you can't do it, then that should tell you that your position is not very strong.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Wrong. That is not "according to evolution." It is according to some fantasy version of evolution which you have made up. Wrong. That is not how a conclusion about design is reached. Just because you have been gone for a while doesn't mean we have forgotten your previous attempts to misrepresent evolution in order to build a straw man.

according to evolution if we will find a self replicating robot (or a watch) that made from organic components, we need to conclude that such a robot evolved by a natural process. this is because it has a self replicating system and made from organic components, so its basically like any other walking creature. but we know that even such a robot\ watch is evidence for design. therefore nature need design too.

we also find these gears in nature, and we know that gears are the product of design:

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...the-first-time

180px-Interactive_gears_in_the_hind_legs_of_Issus_coleoptratus_from_Cambridge_gears-3.jpg

Xianghua, they told me I had a fantasy "Evolution" too! I don't think they know how far from the truth you are - because they don't know how far they are from Evolution...

I understand the point you are making, it makes sense to me. When they say "you are using a straw man" just remember that a strawman isn't wrong, if it increases the overall light in which something is viewed. Strawmen aren't (arbitrarily) wrong.

Remember, in the world we are all deluded by Evolution, only the light of the Holy Spirit can save us. We need to pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to all of us, not just those that believe one particular thing?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Xianghua, they told me I had a fantasy "Evolution" too! I don't think they know how far from the truth you are - because they don't know how far they are from Evolution...

I understand the point you are making, it makes sense to me. When they say "you are using a straw man" just remember that a strawman isn't wrong, if it increases the overall light in which something is viewed. Strawmen aren't (arbitrarily) wrong.

Remember, in the world we are all deluded by Evolution, only the light of the Holy Spirit can save us. We need to pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to all of us, not just those that believe one particular thing?
It would be awesome if your holy spirit would whisper in your ear that you really should listen when others tell you that your versions of evolution are false.

Upvote 0

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
✟16,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is simply too much organization, purpose, and intelligence in the biochemical composition of all that is out there to think that all this is accidental. There is design everywhere in creation and the more we zoom into anything out there the more we realize that there is further design in ever smaller and smaller scales... the same when we zoom out we keep finding that there is design on ever larger and larger scales.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟242,237.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There is simply too much organization, purpose, and intelligence in the biochemical composition of all that is out there to think that all this is accidental. There is design everywhere in creation and the more we zoom into anything out there the more we realize that there is further design in ever smaller and smaller scales... the same when we zoom out we keep finding that there is design on ever larger and larger scales.
On the other hand, two points to consider are:
  • While your assertion reads well, attempts to support it, via ID or Creation Science, have been almost totally ineffectual.
  • The volume of evidence and explanation supporting evolution is vast and ranges across a cornucopia of sciences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, we don't. YOU do. Funny thing is you can't manage to show anyone else. You can talk about it but when asked to specifically show me you can't. You mumble some words about design and slink away. The appearance of design (again, to YOU) is not design. Can you even define what "design" is?

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is simply too much organization, purpose, and intelligence in the biochemical composition of all that is out there to think that all this is accidental.

How much, exactly?

There is design everywhere in creation and the more we zoom into anything out there the more we realize that there is further design in ever smaller and smaller scales... the same when we zoom out we keep finding that there is design on ever larger and larger scales.
Assertions are cool. But without substance, they are mere unsupported opinions.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What organic components? Who would make them and use them to build a robot?

Most importantly, why on earth do you still trot out these ridiculous "arguments" ?

Why would I do that?

Still waiting for you to explain how a robot:

ro·bot

noun
  1. (especially in science fiction) a machine resembling a human being and able to replicate certain human movements and functions automatically.
    "the robot closed the door behind us"
would reproduce.

And he never did...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is simply too much organization, purpose, and intelligence in the biochemical composition of all that is out there to think that all this is accidental.
Set up the strawman ("this is accidental") so you can knock it down with a vacuous assertion.

There is design everywhere in creation and the more we zoom into anything out there the more we realize that there is further design in ever smaller and smaller scales... the same when we zoom out we keep finding that there is design on ever larger and larger scales.
Pfft. Demonstrate non-human design in anything.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes. Strawmen are wrong. There's something else you don't understand.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟242,237.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

It's OK to live in a fantasy world. Enjoy it. Just stop trying to recruit people to join you in yours. If you are lonely there, just abandon it and come back to reality. It's really quite interesting. You might even grow to like it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,106.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
its not a game. if you are saying that a penguin isnt a robot then you should tell me why.

It is a game because you've been told many, many, many, MANY times that you are in the wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0