Houston
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello! I wonder what ideas you guys have in regards to the 1st anniversary. What I have read states that the 1st anniversary is a big milestone and it should be recognized. It shouldn't be just another day. So I am making photo albums for each of the kids with photos of them with mom. I requested off that day and we'll cook her favorite food. I don't think I'll go to the cemetery ... any other ideas? Thanks a lot everyone, looking forward to learn from you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My kids were 10 & 12....I invited a family that we know is good friends with each of us and we went to a big pizza arcade to "celebrate Daddy's first birthday in heaven". It was someplace my husband would have had fun with the kids. I also had my friend to cry and vent with while the kids had fun and we all shared memories. We ended it with a balloon release. The next year I asked them how they wanted to deal with the day and they opted to not recognize it. I believe that was fair because it forced the issue to the front of their minds. They have asked for balloon releases at different times since then to remember him though.

Upvote 0