Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@MehGuy suddenly I have become obsessed with the titles of Lifetime movies. I thought you’d get a kick out of this. Lol!

Because, Lifetime.

1. From Straight A's to XXX

20-ridiculous-lifetime-movies_1.jpg

As Amy Poehler once said, “None of us have plans to do inappropriate content.” But, sometimes life demands otherwise.

2. Baby for Sale

20-ridiculous-lifetime-movies_2.jpg

So subtle - what could the plot be?

3. Restless Virgins

20-ridiculous-lifetime-movies_3.jpg

This could easily be a movie about my performing arts high school.

4. Newlywed and Dead

20-ridiculous-lifetime-movies_4.jpg

Hope the wedding was nice, at least.

Continued below.
https://www.mylifetime.com/19-most-ridiculous-lifetime-movie-titles-of-all-time

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol.. this thread is great.

I don't see too many older films listed though. Most of the Lifetime trash I grew up with were 80s and 90s films.. lol.

I find the "I Me Wed" one pretty funny and personally think it should have been listed as number one. Sounds like Lifetime hasn't lost it's garbage edge.. and sadly a new generation of kids are being forced to endure them. Lol.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The movie titles were funny. Sad to say a few of the titles had actresses that I like and might have have watched at least for a bit, and the Grumpy Cat movie almost should not be on the list, if you compare it to other Christmas TV that can easily be garbage TV. I mean the old Grumpy cat creature and his famous meme, (who died a few years back), is kind of cute and funny right... That critter made so much money for his owner being paid to have his image on products, commercials.... Many, many millions, and is still making money post mortem.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol.. this thread is great.

I don't see too many older films listed though. Most of the Lifetime trash I grew up with were 80s and 90s films.. lol.

I find the "I Me Wed" one pretty funny and personally think it should have been listed as number one. Sounds like Lifetime hasn't lost it's garbage edge.. and sadly a new generation of kids are being forced to endure them. Lol.
Oh there is more. We could dig them up. But I’m not kidding. I scroll through daily and see some of the titles on TV and laugh, Lifetime is laughing all the way to the bank. I think they do it on purpose. It’s so funny. I never really noticed before because I don’t watch the stuff. I have seen Hallmark Christmas movies though. It’s mostly campy, tongue in cheek it seems. I’m still kind of researching it but it’s become my new fascination. Funny how these things draw audiences. I’d like to interview the viewers!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You know I didn't really pay attention to those kind of movies for a long time. But what caught my eye a few years back, was that one famous college admissions scandal / bribery charge against the former "Ms. Becky" from Full House (another show I did not watch in the 90s even though it ran day and night on syndication). Anyway that actress made her career after that TV show doing movies for Lifetime, doing maybe a dozen over the years.

That other lady involved in the admissions' bribery scandal was on this 1999-2001 TV show, that I watched after the fact, "Sportsline". When it debuted I was working on a program to test DVRs when they were in their infancy. And one supporting actor on the show (Joshua Malina) was in the program to test out the new DVR software on his Replay TV. But it made me pay attention to things when it broke because I had only "one degree of separation" from it when it broke via Felicity Huffman.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0