Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Do you not remember Art Linkletter's daughter?
Diane? Didn't they, via autopsy, confirm she actually wasn't on drugs at all when she died? Pretty sure, despite what his immediate reaction was after the incident, it was ruled a suicide.

But I would also guess the "no one has died on an LSD overdose" comment meant dying directly from the LSD. Like an overdose issue like you see in opiates or such. Which is true, no one has. They have died from overdoses of other drugs passed off as LSD. And they have died while having "bad trips", arguably.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about dropping-dead wise with LSD. It can be dangerous (bad trips) but it's not addictive, and it isn't going to destroy his body.
Not very good advice, and I see a lot of bad advice in this thread besides this. No, it might not kill him like an overdose on Fentanyl would, but a "bad trip" could be just as lethal. Also, it can permanently alter/change how his brain works. It doesn't sound like you're well versed in addiction or LSD.
Sure, it might not have the withdrawal issues like other drugs, but if that were the only problem in regards to addiction, it would be much easier for addicts to overcome their drug addictions and never touch the stuff again. When you're unnecessarily taking these drugs on a regular basis, it becomes integrated into your life like being right or left-handed. The longer the habit, the more integrated it becomes and more difficult to give up the habit. And as with many other drugs, you end up taking more and more of it to achieve the same desired effect.
Another thing to consider is that it is a C-I drug, which means the only way to get it would be to obtain it by manufacturing it illegally yourself or buying it from someone else that illegally makes it. Both sources present the issue of questionable dosing consistency while the latter raises the question of ingredients.
Some people will say the most ridiculous things to justify taking these drugs. The fact of the matter is your body doesn't need them and they were made illegal for good reasons.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think your son and your family need professional help with the drugs and sneaking out at night. He is putting himself and others in dangers.

However, as far as his rejection of materialism and wanting to help others, I don't think that part of this is something to be concerned about. There is a social movement toward minimalism where people are less focused on material things and more into personal growth and being free of the need for things. This enables them to spend more money on their passions and helping others, and making good choices for the environment.

Many kids go through phases of rejecting parents religious beliefs, and many doubt the value of higher education. These are choices he has to make for himself. You can't force your beliefs or an education on him. It will make it worse.

Pray for him, be supportive, and get him the help that he needs. Allow him to become the person he is trying to be (minimalist) with guidance and some reasonable boundaries.

Upvote 0

Duffster

Apr 28, 2018
Louisiana
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
I just made an account on this forum even tho im def NOT Christian to tell you that your son is right and you should stop labeling him as a druggie.
I dont know if im going to be able to get the point across to you, but everything your son is telling you is 101% correct. Psychedelics are tools for healing and have changed many lives for the better myself included. They are drugs, yes, any mind altering substance, including alcohol which i have a feeling you accept is a drug. Psychedelics like LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, and DMT break down your ego and show you the true nature of yourself and this reality. Ive done psychedelics and had profound experiences like this, i would not consider myself experienced but i have learned some pretty profound things and became a more open minded person as a result.
Im not trying to diss you. I just want you to be open minded here when i tell you your son is correct and is in fact bettering himself. You have access to the internet, you can find plenty of information about the healing power of these substances. Society has brainwashed you among many people to shun these tools because it makes you think in a way the government does not want you to and makes you think for yourself. I used to act like I followed Jesus just because I was afraid of going to hell, even tho part of me thought it was all [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. I respect everyone's spiritual beliefs, don't get me wrong, i just finally decided to think for myself after i started tripping. Plenty of misinformation about psychedelics are purposely put out there. Especially because of people like you who say DMT is meth and 2C-E is coke. If you knew anything about any drug at all you'd know there are plenty of substances that might look similar to meth or coke but are completely different.
Moral of the story is your son is doing the right thing and isn't just some drugged up loser.

Upvote 0