1611 Fellowship Fund - [OPEN] to all Quest for The Ten Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.

1611 Bank

Following our successful appeal to buy the 1611 KJV Bible from the armoury, we have now decided to continue and try and raise 5 million blessings to purchase a set of the Ten Commandments.

The basis will be the same as previously. Anyone who wishes to donate to the fund may do so by giving blessings to the 1611 character.

As before, a list of donations will be posted regualarly in the thread, and blessings banked on a weekly basis, when interest will also be collected.

So, thank you in anticipation of another successful appeal, and lets hope that this appeal makes us even more new friends than the last one did.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothy

Mad Anglican geek at large
Jan 1, 2004
Birmingham.... [Bur-min'-um]
✟17,765.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Din't we have some left over from the interest of our final bank with all the blessings? I did wonder if we should've held onto the blessings for a few weeks to give us a bit of a head-start... or would that have been cheating? :)

Upvote 0
J

JoshuaCh1v9

SirTimothy said:
Din't we have some left over from the interest of our final bank with all the blessings? I did wonder if we should've held onto the blessings for a few weeks to give us a bit of a head-start... or would that have been cheating? :)

Not sure of the exact figures without going and checking (which I will do later), but I believe we have around 10,000 left in the bank.

As for leaving the 2.5million to gather interest, it simply wasn't needed.

We set out to get the Bible, and after all the work that people put in, it was right and proper that we should get it ASAP once we had the required blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timothy

Mad Anglican geek at large
Jan 1, 2004
Birmingham.... [Bur-min'-um]
✟17,765.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
We set out to get the Bible, and after all the work that people put in, it was right and proper that we should get it ASAP once we had the required blessings

I agree. But there's a little bit of me inside that just 'wonders'

Upvote 0
J

JoshuaCh1v9

That will have to do for the next few days.

However, on Sunday I get my bank interest and then I'll be able to raid my account.

And I promised that I would make sure that we got off to a good start on this appeal. During the last couple of weeks of the Bible appeal I deliberately cut right back on my donations. However, some may have noticed that I was still racking up arcade wins during that time.

I wanted to make sure that we could get this appeal off to a good start and the bank appeal was going so well by then that my donations were hardly missed.

So here's ther deal.

On Sunday morning (about 10am UK time) I will donate 250,000 blessings to the fund.

Then for the following 10 weeks I will pledge 25,000 blessings each week.

That will get us a platform to build upon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.