Västra Götaland
✟9,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey, clinically depressed person here as well. I believe we're the same age (if I'm to assume that's your birth year in your username?)
The saving grace for me, in addition to faith, has been anti-depressants. [Staff edit]. They even you out like you would not believe. But they don't do everything for you, you must have an environment which allows you to thrive and grow, and I see that has been a struggle for you.
Sending baskets and baskets of love your way -- you are not alone. It's a living hell at times but you can and will get through it. If you enjoy lectures, I strongly reccomend looking up Jordan B. Peterson, he's a Canadian psychology professor and has a lecture for pretty much every problem imaginable. Extremely bright man; he's helped me a great deal. I think you might find something there.
In the mean time, I'm praying for you and will keep you in mind. You're seeking help, that alone is commendable. God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Godhelpme1999
Upvote 0

Godhelpme1999

Feb 12, 2018
Richmond
✟17,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for the prayers, I really do take them to heart and spiritually. And thank you @redleghunter for still being there in prayer for me and I appreciate the good word you have read. It's been a rough week because I have been going through many waves of different emotions, just recently, I updated the post of what recently just happened in the last few lines of that paragraph.

• Friendly
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Godhelpme1999

Feb 12, 2018
Richmond
✟17,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry that you're struggling with depression. I pray that the Lord will surround you with His loving presence and encourage you during this difficult time. May God help you to experience His never-failing love and care in your life. I hope you’ll be encouraged to read Psalm 34:18 - "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Are seeking help from a Christian therapist?
Currently, no, but I have contacted one of the chaplains here on CF. So that would be the first time. It's kind of hard to try to reopen and remember the past again to help with personal prayer with him. Even though it's all here, I wish it's just a dream. I'm still opening up about my situation but eventually, I will be able to.

• Friendly
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I have been suffering Depression for the longest time. I've been praying for God's help all my life. I realize I need more prayers. I know I haven't been right but I try to uphold his word as much as I can. If you are interested in reading about my life story, I will post the link below of the thread I created. I would like to put it on a blog but I need to do "posts" which I guess is replying to 20 threads and get 5 likes or something.

12+ Years of Severe Depression

Dear Father In Heaven, i lift up in prayer my bro in Christ, he has suffered so much and is in need of Your help. You said You are always near to the broken hearted. This world and the evil in it will not last forever, and for this we are thankful. My brother is going through so much, the pain he feels in his heart, only You can redeem him from. Throughout Your Word, we see ordinary men and women who experienced challenging circumstances and yet Father, You are the author of our lives. It's hard to grasp everything especially the pains and discouragements the enemy throws at us. But Father, hope lies on the cross, there the promise is, when Jesus took the sins of the world, and by His stripes, we are healed. There is hope for my bro, i pray that you would encourage him that despite the darkness he has experienced there is hope for a brighter tomorrow. Let him arise and walk on the stormy waters of life, like Peter to keep his eyes steadfast on You. Father, there is no other comfort in this world than knowing that You listen and care, that our measly lives have glorious purpose despite the troubles that have burdened us. Free my brother from the tormenting thoughts and emotions, replace it Father with peace, grant him his request for wisdom, may Your perfecr love cast out his fears, he will rise up and be a man of God not a man of his broken past, he will reflect You and not his earthly father. Bless him and surround him with people who will build him up and not destroy him, may his life be a powerful testimony to those who have gone or are experiencing the same struggles, bless his voice, bless his mind, stregthen his heart and remind him that he is a son of the Most High and has access to Your presence. Guide him, dear Lord! In Jesus name, Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: Godhelpme1999
Upvote 0