101 Scientific Facts: The Bible-Creationism is accurate and true.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strong's does not list every single Hebrew word in every verse. It omits particles, certain pronouns, nominative linking verbs, and certain adverbs like "not" in certain cases. Counting the number of Strongs references in a verse does not tell you the number of Hebrew words in that verse.

Can you please find a Hebrew Bible and confirm that there are nineteen, not nine, Hebrew words in Isaiah 55:11?
I just go by the Strong's Concordance Bible. I never heard anyone ever say there were Hebrew words in the Bible that are not in Strong's Concordance.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,735.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Flames and personal attacks are against the rules. I am not the subject of this conversation.

How am I flaming or personally attacking you, when all I have done is ask you to provide evidence for your claim? A claim which is actually in line with the topic of this OP.

Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟735,903.00
Faith
Humanist
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I have evidence but your in violation of the rules of the forum
so I feel no need to respond to your posts or even read them.

Admit it, you have no such evidence.

Feel free to prove me wrong and present the evidence.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How am I flaming or personally attacking you, when all I have done is ask you to provide evidence for your claim? A claim which is actually in line with the topic of this OP.

With some, it isnt allowed to ask them to support their claim.

Upvote 0

AdamSK

Jun 28, 2016
Ohio
✟16,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just go by the Strong's Concordance Bible. I never heard anyone ever say there were Hebrew words in the Bible that are not in Strong's Concordance.

And you categorically refuse to consult a Hebrew Bible to determine if you are right or wrong? Why?

Do you worship Dr. James Strong? Is he an anointed prophet like Isaiah?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Admit it, you have no such evidence.
MY ??? YOU got that 100% backwards, your the one that has no evidence and your the one that brings nothing to the table. Why do you try to blame me for the very thing your guilty of? I mean I know the answer to that question but do you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MY ??? YOU got that 100% backwards, your the one that has no evidence and your the one that brings nothing to the table. Why do you try to blame me for the very thing your guilty of? I mean I know the answer to that question but do you?

This post doesnt look like evidence that supports following the bible adds 30 years to your life. You said you have medical evidence to support this and we are still waiting to see it.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Still waiting to find out what the evidence is for the claim that I can live 30 years longer by following the bible. All I have seen are links to what science says.

I think its time for Joshua to admit his claims are in error and move on. The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.

Upvote 0

David_M

Jul 20, 2016
UK
✟20,394.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Got as far as number 3 which is the first that does on rely solely on intepretation: Its flat out wrong.

Efficient ratios are between 2 and 16 depending on purpose. Most large freighters range between 6-10 L/B.

As an example the cruise ship (where you would expect a design for stability) MV Adonia has an L/B of 7.08. Harmony of the Seas has a ratio of 7.66 at the waterline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still waiting to find out what the evidence is for the claim that I can live 30 years longer by following the bible. All I have seen are links to what science says.

I think its time for Joshua to admit his claims are in error and move on. The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.

That time happened a long time ago, on many claims.

It won't happen though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,735.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Hey Joshua, how many Hebrew words are there in Isaiah 55:11?

Wait in line, mate. I'm still waiting for him to give us evidence that following the Bible can medically add 30 years to a persons life.

Upvote 0

David_M

Jul 20, 2016
UK
✟20,394.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

He didn't say that. What he said is that the web page you use does not link every word to its corresponding entry in Strong's. That is why you get 9 words when everyone else can see there are 19.

Upvote 0

AdamSK

Jun 28, 2016
Ohio
✟16,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way, I checked my hard copy of Strong's Exhaustive at home over the weekend and it also did not cross reference to all nineteen of the words in Isaiah 55:11. Specifically, the book did not have an entry at all for the word "not;" it instead said "see PREFACE." I checked the preface but I still don't understand that entry.

If Joshua would ever be intellectually honest about the contents of Scripture, it would be fun to try a Bible study with him. I expect he would have some interesting perspectives.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
כֵּ֣ן יִֽהְיֶ֤ה דְבָרִי֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר יֵצֵ֣א מִפִּ֔י לֹֽא־יָשׁ֥וּב אֵלַ֖י רֵיקָ֑ם כִּ֤י אִם־עָשָׂה֙ אֶת־אֲשֶׁ֣ר חָפַ֔צְתִּי וְהִצְלִ֖יחַ אֲשֶׁ֥ר שְׁלַחְתִּֽיו׃

Looks like more than nine words to me, but I don't read Hebrew, obviously.
Again I am using the strong's concordance version of the KJV.

55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

1) dabar 01697
2) yatsa' 03318
3) peh 06310
4) shuwb 07725
5) reyqam 07387
6) `asah 06213
7) chaphets 02654
8) tsalach 06743
9) shalach 07971

What is important is the number that Strong assigns to the word. I can then go to the: https://www.blueletterbible.org/ There I can look up all the verses where that word number is used. This gives me a real advantage to a concordance that only tells me where the translated word is used. So for this verse I can run a total of NINE searches for scriptures to learn the meaning of the passage from context or how these words are used in other passages in the Bible.

In Bible school they teach you to start with the same author. So first I look at all the verses where Isaiah uses that word. Then I can look at the context for that word using other authors in the Bible be it Moses, David or any of the others. In this case Isaiah is a Prophet so we look at how the other Prophets use that word number according to Strongs.

If we look at the NIV "so is my word that goes out from my mouth" we see that the word "forth" is not used in that translation. This shows that the NIV is a paraphrase not an actual translation of the Bible. The NIV is what some call a Bible commentary. In this case the meaning of the word going forth is totally lost. A word that "goes out from my mouth" is totally different from the concept of a word that "goeth forth". This is like a military commander that gives a command. In comparison to someone that just says something. We see the power of the word of God to accomplish what God sends His word to accomplish.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4:12

People that do not ever read the word of God do not know how powerful the word of God is to accomplish God's plan, purpose and objective when He sends forth His word. Like a seed or DNA the word will prosper and accomplish the objective that God plans and intends.

Most every word in Strong's Concordance Bible has so much meaning that a whole book could be written to explain each individual word. In this case we are talking about how the word of God is powerful to accomplish His objective. So when we speak the word of God this word is powerful to accomplish God's objective. In a Kingdom the word of the King is absolute because of the power of the King to back up his word. When the King give an order or a command there is an army ready to back up that command.

Upvote 0