Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to amillennialism, Christ is reigning now and yes they are reigning together with Him. When the Lord returns it isn't to establish a temporal, earthly kingdom, but to consummate all things and the kingdom of God comes in fullness and it is forever and ever, world without end--a new heavens and a new earth.

-CryptoLlutheran

Upvote 0

Manasseh_

not the evil king Manasseh
Dec 26, 2010
✟17,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
During the million reign of Christ, will all Christians live on earth and reign with Him? :D

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
According to amillennialism, Christ is reigning now and yes they are reigning together with Him. When the Lord returns it isn't to establish a temporal, earthly kingdom, but to consummate all things and the kingdom of God comes in fullness and it is forever and ever, world without end--a new heavens and a new earth.

-CryptoLlutheran

The problem with this interpretation of scripture is that it ignores the explicit statements of Revelation 20 and of nearly half of the Old Testament. It assumes that all of these very many explicitly stated prophecies are only symbolic, and do not mean what they say.

The problem with that approach is that many of these explicit statements would have no meaning whatsoever if they did not actually mean what they say.

I will freely admit that many of the Old Testament prophecies could legitimately be interpreted to apply to the church. But many of them are of such a nature that they cannot logically be reduced to such an interpretation. I speak of the many detailed descriptions of future events that have never taken place, and the detailed definitions of future borders that have never been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

-CryptoLlutheran

:preach: You are so far from the truth, and haven't got even a hent in the bible to back up what you say.

Upvote 0

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

:pray: Sorry Manasseh but you didn't answer the question.

Upvote 0

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's possible that we will come and go between heaven and earth like the angels do.

The problem with this interpretation of scripture is that it ignores the explicit statements of Revelation 20 and of nearly half of the Old Testament. It assumes that all of these very many explicitly stated prophecies are only symbolic, and do not mean what they say.

The problem with that approach is that many of these explicit statements would have no meaning whatsoever if they did not actually mean what they say.

I will freely admit that many of the Old Testament prophecies could legitimately be interpreted to apply to the church. But many of them are of such a nature that they cannot logically be reduced to such an interpretation. I speak of the many detailed descriptions of future events that have never taken place, and the detailed definitions of future borders that have never been fulfilled.

Hi Biblewriter:

You are correct in what you say, however I would verry much be interested to hear your answer to the question.

Upvote 0

LovedofHim

Jan 6, 2011
Up here, over there, beyond that
✟1,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think so, however if you have bibical proof of this show me?

We will be reigning on/over the earth but the city prepared for us is the New Jerusalem, the heavenly Jerusalem which will come down at the end of the millennium.

Hbr 11:16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Hbr 12:22But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,
Hbr 12:23to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,

Rev 7:15Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
Rev 7:16Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.
Rev 7:17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Mat 22:30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Mar 12:25When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Luk 20:36and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.

1Cr 2:9However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" —

1Cr 6:2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

Isa 61:9Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the LORD has blessed."
Isa 61:10I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

So, we really aren't given a whole lotta details about our role during the millennium and I think there's a reason for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rev 20:4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Does it say that ALL the Christians are here?

No.

Only those of WHOM are listed are there.

Only be pure assumption, hypothesis, speculation and self-centered assertion can we claim that ALL of the Christians are here during this particular time.

There are PLENTY of nations for us to rule later on after this is all over and dung with.

Rev 21:22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Love,
Brother Jerry

Upvote 0

grabsuccess

True Believer
Feb 26, 2011
Louisiana
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We shall be Kings and Priest during the Millennium helping Christ reign on Earth.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Some say the scriptures state that Christ will have a thousand year reign and that those that are overcomers will reign with him?? ??

Well, not quite. Let’s dissect the Revelation 20:1-5 together, and as we go along I’d like all to make a note of what is and is not said.
  1. The dragon, the bottomless pit and the great chain (verses 1,2). Tempting though it may be to interpret verses 4-6 literally, consistency demands that if those verses are literal, then so are verses 1-2. Are there any prepared to argue that Satan is literally a dragon? Or that he can be bound with a literal chain, or cast into a literal bottomless pit?
  2. “the souls of them that were beheaded… reigned…” (verse 4). Take a real close look at the verse. Who is it that reigned “with Christ?” Why, it was “the souls of them that were beheaded.” This verse says nothing at all about anyone reigning “with Christ” other than those who had been martyred for His cause- specifically, those who were beheaded. If this passage is talking about an earthly, millennial reign of Jesus, then it looks like you’ll have to lose your head if you wish to be part of that kingdom. And even then, it’ll only be your soul (as opposed to your resurrected body, and soul) that will reign with Him.
  3. “…they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (verse 4) Now pay close attention here. Not only did the souls of these martyrs “reign with Christ a thousand years,” but they also “lived with Christ a thousand years.” According to some, this reign will last only a thousand years- not a day more or a day less. After that thousand years is over, they will cease to reign. But please observe that at the same time that they cease to “reign with Christ,” they will also cease to "live with Christ!” Their living, and their reigning, will occur at the same time. If one ends, the other ends as well.
  4. “…they reigned with Christ a thousand years” (verse 4). Once again, I want all to take a close look at the text. Do you see anything there that tells you how long Jesus would reign? Before you say “a thousand years” and have to go to the back of the class, let me give you a little illustration. Suppose I were to say, “I have worked for ABC Widget Company for 28 years.” Would you conclude from that statement that ABC Widgets has been in business for only 28 years? Why, of course not. It might have been in business for 128 years, and my statement would still be accurate, wouldn’t it? The fact is that my statement only gives information about how long I’ve been employed there, but says absolutely nothing about how long the company has been in existence. By the same token, you cannot draw any valid conclusions from Rev. 20:4 with respect to the length of Jesus’ reign, its beginning or its ending. If that information is available at all, you’ll have to find it somewhere besides this text. The only thing you can determine with any certainty is that the reign of the souls of the beheaded saints will be “a thousand years.”
  5. “… a thousand years…” (verse 4). OK, so this is a literal thousand years?? If so, then the “reign” is for a literal thousand years. No more, no less. And if “reigned” and “thousand years” are literal, then so too is “lived.” So, they lived a thousand years, no more, no less. Not a very hopeful millennium, if you ask me. I would like to suggest that the “thousand years” is a figure of speech, a symbol of something else. In Ps. 105:8 we are told that God remembers His covenant unto a thousand generations. Do you suppose that means that God counts a literal thousand generations, then He quits remembering His covenant? Of course not. It means that God’s memory of His covenant is perfect, it is complete. The “thousand years” is a figure of completeness, and it does not denote a cycle of time.
  6. “…they reigned with Christ…” (verse 4). Are you ready? Please tell me where, according to this text, the souls of the beheaded saints were when they “lived and reigned?” On the earth, you say? In Jerusalem of Palestine? Not in this verse! This verse does not mention the earth at all, much less Jerusalem of Palestine. It does, however, tell us where they were when they “lived and reigned.” Do you see it? Yes, that’s it… they lived and reigned with Christ! Now, can anyone here tell me where Christ is? Can anyone tell me where His throne is? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bingo! That’s right, Jesus is in heaven. His throne is in heaven. And the souls of those who lived and reigned with Christ did so “with Christ” in heaven.
  7. “…the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished” (verse 5). OK, now who are these? If this is referring to the “rest of the Christians” (i.e., those who did not die as martyrs, and were therefore not among “the souls of them that were beheaded”), then you’ve got a problem, for according to your theory, all the saints will be raised before the thousand years begins. But this verse says that they will be raised when it has finished. On the other hand, if “the rest of the dead” refers to the resurrection of the wicked, you’ve still got a problem. First, if this refers to the wicked, then when are the righteous raised? This verse tells us nothing about that, does it? Second, if this refers to the resurrection of the wicked, then over whom are the beheaded saints and Christ going to reign or rule for a thousand years? There is no one over whom they can rule because the wicked aren’t raised until the thousand years is finished, but then it’ll be over and they will not be able to rule over them. (Of course, going back to the point I made in #3, above, since their reign will cease after a thousand years, then their lives will also cease. So, I suppose the wicked will have the earth all to themselves. My, this is becoming more interesting the more I think about it.)
Anyone can see none of the requisite parts of pre- or post- mellinial-ism can be discovered in Rev. 20. There is...
-no mention of the second coming of Christ...
-no mention of a bodily resurrection...
-no mention of a thousand year reign of Christ...
-no mention of a reign of Christ on the earth...
-no mention of the literal throne of David...
-no mention of Jerusalem of Palestine.
As a matter of fact, if we take a literal approach as most would do, there is no mention of us.

In fact, there’s not even a mention of Christ on the earth- either with or without a reign. So many things presumed by so many from so little that they need for their doctrine to be true, yet they’re not to be found in what they claim for their proof-text.

It is at this point I would refer those mentioned above to read Revelation 22:18-19…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hismessenger

Nov 29, 2006
Augusta Ga
✟18,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that most who call themselves Christians can never seem to see beyond the nose on their face. The bible says:

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Why is it only seen that the physical earth that we inhabit is the earth that we will rule and reign over. Does it really make sense that God would be concerned about something which He has sworn to destroy. There are many scripture which speak of the earth and shaking and great floods coming upon it but I have yet to see one poster who understands that the earth which it is speaking about is YOU. Yes there are places in which the natural applies but in many of the scripture on the earth, the underlying theme is us, the earth with which God is truly concerned in renewing our minds to see beyond this physical and see in the spirit. AS long as you hold to carnal earthly thinking, your mind will never be renewed as God has ordained for it to be. Repent and be transformed from the carnal self to the body that is Christ.

hismessenger

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
We shall be Kings and Priest during the Millennium helping Christ reign on Earth.

That is not what the Bible says.

This who is there during the Millennial Sabbath,Rev 20:4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

NOW where does the bible tell us that ALL of US who are in King JesUS will reign during the 1,000 years?

It is because everybody has been taught that they are to be kings and priests that they ASSUME that they AUTOMATICALLY are part of the 1,000 years.

The Word does not tell us that at all.

It says; Rev 20:4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Based on the "ONE CLUMP" theology there would be approximately 4 BILLION people kinging and priesting during the 1,000 years.
IE there has been approximatly 4 billion Christians since the beginning of Christianity.

So we will start with 6 billion global population now...

And then we need to take in the expected population of that time. Given that many scholars believe that 1/4th are going to die in one time which would leave APPROX; 4.5 billion and then in another time 1/3rd of the population dies during the wrath which leaves 2,666,666,667 possibly still alive till the second coming in Rev 19.

So let's say conservatively that when King Jesus comes for that event 666,666,667 are killed (that would be enough people to cause the blood in a stream about 180 miles long and as high as a horse’s bridle).

We are now left with a population of 2 billion. And the ONE CLUMP" teaching places 4 BILLION people kinging and priesting over 2 BILLION people.

****EDITED*****
This is what the Word of God tells us; Rev 20:4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

IF anyone here is part of that elite group, you will be reigning during the 1,000 years.

Otherwise, be content with being with GOD till He tells us differently.

There are going to be nations to reign over after this is all over and dung with, like I already have shown.

Love,
Brother Jerry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

son_flower

rose from the desert
Feb 25, 2010
Mount Zion
✟15,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
  1. The dragon, the bottomless pit and the great chain (verses 1,2). Tempting though it may be to interpret verses 4-6 literally, consistency demands that if those verses are literal, then so are verses 1-2. Are there any prepared to argue that Satan is literally a dragon? Or that he can be bound with a literal chain, or cast into a literal bottomless pit?

When you say literal do you mean 'physical'? Then no, satan is not a physical dragon. Satan is a spiritual dragon. This is spiritual warfare.
Just because something is spiritual does not make it any less real. Have you ever seen an angel or demon? I have seen demons sitting on rooftops and they do resemble dragons, dark and ugly having their glory removed. Angels minister among the innocent and afllicted, bright with perfect white wings. Light and beautiful.
Satan is a SPIRITUAL dragon. Breathing destruction out of his mouth with wings that are swift to do evil and a powerful tail that draw people into his deception. Quite literal in the spirit realm.

the souls of them that were beheaded… reigned…” (verse 4). Take a real close look at the verse. Who is it that reigned “with Christ?” Why, it was “the souls of them that were beheaded.” This verse says nothing at all about anyone reigning “with Christ” other than those who had been martyred for His cause- specifically, those who were beheaded. If this passage is talking about an earthly, millennial reign of Jesus, then it looks like you’ll have to lose your head if you wish to be part of that kingdom. And even then, it’ll only be your soul (as opposed to your resurrected body, and soul) that will reign with Him.

I have to agree with you that it is the soul of the believer that is saved but a soul dwells where it is placed by the One who gives it life. God breathed into Adam, and man became a LIVING soul.
The soul died when it ate what was forbidden. It is revived in a new birth given by Christ. This verse does not say what manner of body the soul possesses here. Only where, with Christ, and why.
verse 4 also sais:
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them and were given judgment:
They? Jesus just attended the marriage supper on earth with His wife. Are not "they" the wife whom John just witnessed? The Queen on her throne. What Queen does not reign with Her King?
And (also) he saw the souls of the beheaded AND the souls of which did not take the mark, just in case we wondered what happened to them. THEY, are all one.

…they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (verse 4) Now pay close attention here. Not only did the souls of these martyrs “reign with Christ a thousand years,” but they also “lived with Christ a thousand years.” According to some, this reign will last only a thousand years- not a day more or a day less. After that thousand years is over, they will cease to reign. But please observe that at the same time that they cease to “reign with Christ,” they will also cease to "live with Christ!” Their living, and their reigning, will occur at the same time. If one ends, the other ends as well.

The verse does not say they cease to live at any time.
This is the 'first resurrection'. They lived(no ending placed here) and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
It does not at any time say they lived a thousand years and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
verse 6: Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Nothing about dying again or living only a thousand years.

… a thousand years…” (verse 4). OK, so this is a literal thousand years?? If so, then the “reign” is for a literal thousand years. No more, no less. And if “reigned” and “thousand years” are literal, then so too is “lived.” So, they lived a thousand years, no more, no less. Not a very hopeful millennium, if you ask me. I would like to suggest that the “thousand years” is a figure of speech, a symbol of something else. In Ps. 105:8 we are told that God remembers His covenant unto a thousand generations. Do you suppose that means that God counts a literal thousand generations, then He quits remembering His covenant? Of course not. It means that God’s memory of His covenant is perfect, it is complete. The “thousand years” is a figure of completeness, and it does not denote a cycle of time.

Yes a literal 1000 years. They reigned with Him a thousand years.
It does NOT say any where they lived a thousand years. It sais they lived,
AND they reigned a thousand years. The living was not given a time limit that you are assigning it.

…the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished” (verse 5). OK, now who are these? If this is referring to the “rest of the Christians” (i.e., those who did not die as martyrs, and were therefore not among “the souls of them that were beheaded”), then you’ve got a problem, for according to your theory, all the saints will be raised before the thousand years begins. But this verse says that they will be raised when it has finished. On the other hand, if “the rest of the dead” refers to the resurrection of the wicked, you’ve still got a problem. First, if this refers to the wicked, then when are the righteous raised? This verse tells us nothing about that, does it? Second, if this refers to the resurrection of the wicked, then over whom are the beheaded saints and Christ going to reign or rule for a thousand years? There is no one over whom they can rule because the wicked aren’t raised until the thousand years is finished, but then it’ll be over and they will not be able to rule over them. (Of course, going back to the point I made in #3, above, since their reign will cease after a thousand years, then their lives will also cease. So, I suppose the wicked will have the earth all to themselves. My, this is becoming more interesting the more I think about it.)

So simple. Your problem arises by assuming those that live only do so for 1000 years. Which is not correct. Its only the reign that is 1000 yrs.
The second death has no power over them.

The rest of the dead. Faithful Christians, the righteous, were in the first resurrection of verse 4 and 5 over which this second death has NO POWER. They have been either brought back with Christ or changed when He got here for His marriage.
They live, not affected again by death. Not only do they live, they reign over the next 1000 years with Christ until the GWT when the books are openned.
The rest of the dead, is the rest. The unbelievers or unfaithful who have ever died or are still left at this time and did not change. The wicked as you call them, either in their graves or standing on earth in flesh.

Jesus sais in Matt.24 that the unrighteous men on earth are shocked when they see Him coming. They will NOT be in the first resurrection. They remain in there flesh, to be reigned over. They will still have kids and grandkids... etc.
Also you are leaving out angels. Christ reigns over ALL. Not just humans.

No problem at all.

Anyone can see none of the requisite parts of pre- or post- mellinial-ism can be discovered in Rev. 20. There is...
-no mention of the second coming of Christ...
-no mention of a bodily resurrection...
-no mention of a thousand year reign of Christ...
-no mention of a reign of Christ on the earth...
-no mention of the literal throne of David...
-no mention of Jerusalem of Palestine.
As a matter of fact, if we take a literal approach as most would do, there is no mention of us.

In fact, there’s not even a mention of Christ on the earth- either with or without a reign. So many things presumed by so many from so little that they need for their doctrine to be true, yet they’re not to be found in what they claim for their proof-text.

LOL. Go back just a few verses to Rev.19 where Christ, the seed of David, is all dressed and ready for the uniting of the body, His bride, comes riding in on His white horse. He is ON EARTH watching birds eat the flesh of MEN on earth, a marriage supper with His new wife after the battle of Armegeddon on EARTH. Right there on the Mount of Olives where all those graves are right now.

No mention of bodily resurrection?? What??? the first resurrection, over which the SECOND DEATH has no power.

its ALL there. Every bit of it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
<snip>
Some say the scriptures state that Christ will have a thousand year reign and that those that are overcomers will reign with him?? ??

Well, not quite. Let&#8217;s dissect the Revelation 20:1-5 together, and as we go along I&#8217;d like all to make a note of what is and is not said.

In fact, there&#8217;s not even a mention of Christ on the earth- either with or without a reign. So many things presumed by so many from so little that they need for their doctrine to be true, yet they&#8217;re not to be found in what they claim for their proof-text.

It is at this point I would refer those mentioned above to read Revelation 22:18-19&#8230;
:)
Perhaps that is because He is reigning INSIDE the Saints? ;) :blush:

Colo 1:26 The Mystery having been Hid from the ages and from the generations, now yet was made manifest to the holy-ones of Him.
27 To-whom wills, the God, to make known any the riches of the glory of this, the Mystery, in the Nations, which is Christ in ye, the hope of glory.
[Revelation 10:7]

Upvote 0

realtruth101

Jan 26, 2011
✟903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Yep! thats the way I pretty much read it:thumbsup:

Upvote 0