Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Jeez... Thankfully the grandma is ok!

Why the heck is there a gun in the church?!?!
I know of a number of churches that have members who patrol for safety--they are authorized by the church leadership. Often they do concealed carry. I believe my brother does this in PA (not Uniontown). My FIL patrols at his church; while he doesn't carry, his fellow patrols do.

Why there was a gun in a lockbox? I don't know. Maybe someone was carrying (which is allowed in PA) and that church has a policy to lock 'em up? Maybe it was a "church" gun for just-in-case?

The point of my earlier anecdotes is that gun culture is alive and well and there may be many reasons for this combination of things to have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I know of a number of churches that have members who patrol for safety--the are authorized by the church leadership. Often they do concealed carry. I believe my brother does this in PA (not Uniontown). My FIL patrols at his church; while he doesn't carry, his fellow patrols do.

Why there was a gun in a lockbox? I don't know. Maybe someone was carrying (which is allowed in PA) and that church has a policy to lock 'em up? Maybe it was a "church" gun for just-in-case?

The point of my earlier anecdotes is that gun culture is alive and well and there may be many reasons for this combination of things to have happened.

Don't get me wrong, I am a 2nd amendment kind of guy. I understand if a church would allow some of the folks in church to conceal carry; but to keep a gun at the church in a lock box would allow for... Well... Something like this to happen.

Imagine that the kid was a little older and thought it would be a good idea instead to shoot everyone in his church dead.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why the heck is there a gun in the church?!?!

Ask Arnold

Arnold had his ways, but I still liked the man, however, seems like he's a bit too anxious or even happy to weild the gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure why they looped it, I mean its not like he didn't make his point quite clear the first time around. Lol
I can't even find any useful information on this incident. Just random mentions of it in other social media. So weird :D
"Blasphemer!"
SHOOT THAT BOY!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That somewhat sums up Arnold. As I mentioned, he has his ways, but at the same time he had some very good ways. Although he passed a few years bach, his son took over, and they've been on very early morn network TV for at least 35 or 40yrs. The largest Christian independent network in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I... What?...

How did you get to this train of thought? Who are the people saying this?
Crazy minds have crazy sick thoughts, and try to excuse their sick thoughts. By blaming it on some else. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Crazy minds have crazy sick thoughts, and try to excuse their sick thoughts. By blaming it on some else. Nothing more.

Huh. But who are these people with these sick thoughts? I don't think I've ever known anyone in my life who would ever come to those conclusions... Hmmm... o_O

Upvote 0