1-Year-Old Son of Corrections Officer Shot, Killed by Sister

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,771.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Tragedy in California, where the 1-year-old son of a state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation officer was accidentally shot and killed by his sister. Police responding to a 911 call Wednesday night in Chowchilla found the boy with a bullet wound to the head; he died en route to a local hospital. The children's mother, Erica Bautisa, who has been a corrections officer for 16 years, was home at the time. Police say the gun the girl got a hold of was registered to Bautisa and was not her duty weapon. Charges could be levied: "Any time a child gets a hold of firearm, and there's some sort of a negligent discharge, it's a criminal matter," an officer tells ABC 30.

1-year-old son of California corrections officer shot, killed by sister

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A child is dead because his sister was able to get a hold of a parents gun. The parent, that is a corrections officer. She knows better to keeps guns, Where kids could get a hold of them. It sound like another child pays the price of a neglectful parent.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Insignificant! Really?
It is not as if the people who had the means to do something about it feel it's very important... it seems to be rather insignificant to them. Wring their hands, lament, pray about it... and then do nothing until the next child gets shot. Rinse and repeat.

Oh, I forgot: Wring their hands, lament, pray about it... and loudly proclaim their rights to have as many weapons as they want, without any restrictions, oversights, regulations or other requirements. Because FREEDOM!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's a tragedy, let's just say that, but do absolutely nothing to enact policies that could prevent such tragedies in the future. We must oppose because any steps to prevent such tragedies amounts to banning guns.
What policies would have prevented this tragedy?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,771.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What policies would have prevented this tragedy?
Forcing gun owners to keep their weapons and ammunition under lock and key, in seperate safes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Forcing gun owners to keep their weapons and ammunition under lock and key, in seperate safes.
Even cops?

Also, those laws have been ruled unconstitutional in DC vs Heller and McDonald vs Chicago.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,771.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Even cops?

Also, those laws have been ruled unconstitutional in DC vs Heller and McDonald vs Chicago.
Yes, even cops. They can get their own service weapon when they come to work and put it back in their weapons locker after their shift is finished.

I didn't say it would be constitutional, I said that it would work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,771.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Especially if there are young children in the house!
Just make it a rule for everyone, everyone can have guests with small children, and the gun gets forgotten during the preparations for the guests, and then the children start exploring the house...

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Just make it a rule for everyone, everyone can have guests with small children, and the gun gets forgotten during the preparations for the guests, and then the children start exploring the house...

That's true. I'm just blown away that a parent with young kids wouldn't be more responsible. I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

Upvote 0