✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnJones said:
Good. Then they'll have a vital role in the church and they wont have to break the Scriptures to do it, nor will they have to bring shame on the church to do it "for it is a shame for women to speak in the church" just like "it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of [sinners] in secret," although most people ignore that fact just as much as the other.

I have yet to know a godly woman that did not speak in church. Now as far as her interupting or becoming the central focus I would have to say anyone with descent manner would understand that this is wrong. However, dispite their silence their contribution to the edification of the saints should not be diminished in the slightest. What is more they are alloyed to speak but only in a prescribed context, a little discernment is helpfull here.

AMEN. But don't you realize that once a woman starts speaking in the church all her testimony that she's amassed by her works flies out the window because all right-minded Christians say "if she was truly sincere she'd obey 1 Corinthians 14." So, I don't see how you can make the statement above quoted and still defend women speaking in the church as Scriptural.

You are absolutly correct that I don't realize that a woman brings dishonor to a church by actually speaking. I am encourged and blessed by their contributions but for the most part a woman should speak with her deeds, not her words. That said, we must address an important issue.

I still feel that there is a place for a woman to speak in a church that does not contradict Paul in the slightest. I did say that she should not be a Pastor or an Evangelist but I don't have a problem with her singing a song, offering a prayer or teaching a Bible study. This cannot be what Paul is addressing, now if you are talking about a woman usurping the man's role as leader then I would have no choice but to agree. However, there is a context in which 'everyone' may offer a psalm, doctrine, prophecy or revelation in a service...even women. The passage under discussion is clear on this point or did I miss something?

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.