Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would agree with what has been said.
Keep studying the Word and grow in it.
In regard to your co-workers, I have been in a similar situation, granted I was not newly saved, but I worked in a lab with 20 other God-hating evolutionists, who all had degrees in science.
It can be intimidating.
Don't be afraid of who you are, or of letting people know you are a Christian, but being a new Christian, I would recommend avoiding any debates about the Bible, especially with the pastor's son.
I will be praying for you. Welcome to the family!

Upvote 0

Missionette06

"Wit h God all things are pos
Aug 29, 2004
Alabama
✟343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would agree with what has been said.
Keep studying the Word and grow in it.
In regard to your co-workers, I have been in a similar situation, granted I was not newly saved, but I worked in a lab with 20 other God-hating evolutionists, who all had degrees in science.
It can be intimidating.
Don't be afraid of who you are, or of letting people know you are a Christian, but being a new Christian, I would recommend avoiding any debates about the Bible, especially with the pastor's son.
I will be praying for you. Welcome to the family!
Thanks! I'm happy to be apart of God's family even though I know I need to grow in faith a lot more.

Upvote 0
Y

YourChild

I have worked at the movie theater for over a year. I love it there. We all get along and always have but I have recently been saved just last week. being rocky at first, my relationship is growing more and more everyday with God unlike never before. I now believe.

The problem?

My job. We talk about everything and everyone there would always down talk my Lord and Saviour, and now that I have seen the light, I was wondering...

What should I do about the area I work in? I work with (about) 20 other people and they are ALL atheists. Including one young man that is the son of a pastor! He's the worst one.

Should I just walk away, and let God handle what happens in their lives?
Should I speak up and risk losing everyone I was once close to while also risking isolation. It would be very hard to work in that environment and I don't think I'm that strong yet.

Any Advice?

I'd take off and go find another job...a better one. how can you tolerate hearing people talk down on the Lord daily? that would drive me nuts

Upvote 0

Missionette06

"Wit h God all things are pos
Aug 29, 2004
Alabama
✟343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd take off and go find another job...a better one. how can you tolerate hearing people talk down on the Lord daily? that would drive me nuts
Yeah I know. I feel like I will have to do that in the long run anyways.

Upvote 0

minister50

Nov 11, 2007
✟15,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you mature in the faith and in His Word you will know by the Holy Spirit what is the Lord's will at that moment. Always pray and ask the Lord for wisdom and understanding and He will give it. And remember you are 1 in the Lord and they are 20 and boy are they ever out numbered.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have worked at the movie theater for over a year. I love it there. We all get along and always have but I have recently been saved just last week. being rocky at first, my relationship is growing more and more everyday with God unlike never before. I now believe.

The problem?

My job. We talk about everything and everyone there would always down talk my Lord and Saviour, and now that I have seen the light, I was wondering...

What should I do about the area I work in? I work with (about) 20 other people and they are ALL atheists. Including one young man that is the son of a pastor! He's the worst one.

Good resources to start:
www.carm.org
www.str.org
www.reasonablefaith.org

Should I just walk away, and let God handle what happens in their lives?

Maybe God is going to handle things with them through you.

Maybe God is challenging you.

Upvote 0

ryanb6

Nov 7, 2007
Mississippi but I live in VA
✟15,409.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. John 3:19-20

25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 12:25-26

18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.'[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
John 15:18-20

Upvote 0