❣ Christ and Husbands ✝

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
user306260_pic39555_1334851007.gif

Being born-again is a shadow of marriage. A woman receives a new life through her husband's rib, that is his spirit, which is love. He loves her first. He initiates it. He leads her. She is the receiver of that life from him. She takes his name and is being born again into her husband's house. Her husband is the creator of that new life in her and she becomes his. He is willing to lay down his life for her and she willfully surrenders to him.

It is the same with those that are born again in their spirit through the Son (life), that is the Holy Spirit, which is the Father (love). Love and Spirit (two, masculine and feminine) becoming Life (one, flesh). We all carry the image of both our parents in us and then our own image from that. We are triune beings as we are made in that same image of our triune God. Three and one at the same time, we all can bear spiritual fruits as we grow in that perfect image of God. A godly understanding of masculinity and femininity are the keys to fruitfulness. A person needs to acknowledge both within him/her and have a healthy balance.

In this, a husband's love is a type of God's love. Christ also calls us His children, mother, sister, bride, friends, and brothers. We were born in Him and He is born in us. In love, He came down, initiated love, took on flesh, and was born as a child through us while calling Himself to be our bridegroom. For a woman, it is the same, as with any born-again believer in their relationship with Christ. In a way, a husband is a creator/parent (agape), a bridegroom (eros), a friend (philia), a brother who also becomes and is born again as a child through his wife (storge).

For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman. 1 Corinthians 11:12.

96-wordsforLove1.png

Nevertheless, one must learn to give to their spouses what belongs to them, and to God what belongs to Him. Of course, no man can replace Christ nor does a woman expect such but I feel husbands ought to learn to see themselves in Christ on that cross as they are commanded to love their wives in the same way. If then Christ is the perfect model, why is it too difficult to see a husband's love in this? I see a husband's love for His wife. We are that wife. I see the beauty that can draw a person into a deep, intolerable love, making one with His Spirit in a moment.

IMG_5993.jpg

Is it not God that brings two and joins them as one with His Son and the Holy Spirit working in and through them? How come then we do not acknowledge God in this? I see Him right at the center stirring up their hearts for one another and bringing forth the spirit of love that results in the newness of life in both. A sacred union authored and mediated by Him. God is that love. God is that spirit. God is that one life (flesh). In that love and spirit, He is creating new life in our wombs and wanting to be born in us. It’s all Him. I see the image of God. I see agape. I see the gospel. That's true eros.

Did He not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union. Malachi 2:15.

relationship-worth-saving-1_865ec09.jpg

Those that are joined to Him are the ones that have the fullness of agape in them and are able to love like Him. They pursue a godly/agape type of eros, philia, and storge (Corinthians 13). Marriage is where they all meet in one place. It's fire. It's a mystery. This is your garden of Eden, heaven on earth, God with you. There is no worldly type of agape but there's the worldly type of eros, philia, and storge.

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled. Hebrews 13:4

Last edited:

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Pretty cool and well written. As a husband I definitely aspire to be Christ like towards my wife, definitely am not perfect but I try and reflect Jesus in how I treat her :)

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pretty cool and well written. As a husband I definitely aspire to be Christ like towards my wife, definitely am not perfect but I try and reflect Jesus in how I treat her :)

Thank you. I'm encouraged. That's wonderful you aspire to be Christlike. :)

I like your avatar, username, and the custom title Friend of Doves. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love plays a significant role in both physical and psychological well-being.
  • Children who are not shown love and affection may be developmentally delayed or ill.
  • Feeling unloved is strongly correlated with feelings of low self-esteem and depression.
  • People who both feel loved by others and who love others tend to be happier.
  • In the longer term, feeling emotionally connected may help increase immunity.
God-is-Love-940x940.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Needing to be spoonfed most of the time and/or not willing to really listen, both signify that something's not right. You haven't established a relationship with your Heavenly Father as you ought to. So you haven't found who you are, neither do you know your neighbor.

You find your life by trusting Him with it in the secret place of your heart where you meet with Him, and wait until He sends His rushing wind and fire. His Spirit must rest upon you before you begin to do anything. Read Acts 2. That is when you really are able to discern who is speaking what, as the Spirit enables you to understand various tongues. Then you know what you really need to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat.

We have the very guidance and counsel from the Father, through the Son and the Holy Spirit that came with the new covenant into which we are born again. This proves that the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist, while at the same time there's no one greater than John. Then there's no longer any first or last, great or small, rich or poor.

For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people. No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest. Hebrews 8:10-11

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is heaven. When He came, He said of Him that kingdom of heaven is at hand because He is the Father's temple. If you aren't experiencing a taste of heaven already, then you haven't entered this temple yet. Those in this temple are of the same mind and love. If you don't enjoy worshipping Him, how do you suppose that you will enter the real heaven afterlife? That means you aren't born again. You do not know the Father. You don't know what heaven's like.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feelings aren't facts. In the biblical accounts where God reveals a specific spouse, there is always something bigger than feelings used as a confirmation. Abraham’s servant prayed for a sign and saw it. Hosea heard directly from the Lord. Joseph was visited by an angel in a dream. If you feel like God is directing you toward a specific person to marry, ask for confirmation that goes beyond a “gut feeling.”

The Lord gave Hosea some very strange, direct, and specific instructions for finding a wife. It was more about the bigger picture in the nation of Israel than it was about Gomer and Hosea’s union. God does reveal when and whom we should marry. Listen to God’s voice and His Word will reveal to you what He has already spoken into your life from the beginning.

The goal is not to find a spouse/get hitched, rather the goal is to live surrendered and committed to His agenda in all seasons.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marriage is good, but celibacy makes you close to God, you become his own.

OK. Thanks for sharing. :) I understand what you mean. It is why I titled the thread- 'Christ and Husbands'. Celibate or married, I hope everyone gets to experience God's love according to their calling.

I would say that I'm celibate until I marry and the same is true for most believers. I never dated. God's love has been so great and obvious in my life. I seek to experience more of His love for me. Every means I can get to have some more of Him, I will take it. For me, marriage is an extension of my personal relationship with Christ. :)

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of Him who sent me. If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true.

You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John.

For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has Himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen, and you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom He has sent.

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life, and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” John 5

Upvote 0