✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Trump also called staffers pleading the Fifth "disgraceful" and "a bigger deal than Watergate" at different points during the campaign.

Trump comments on Fifth Amendment resurface after Cohen filing
Star Trek TNG episode "The Drumhead" (watch it)...

Worf: "If he were innocent and not guilty then he would speak..."

Picard: "Oh no, we cannot allow ourselves to think that..."

"We cannot take the guiding principles of the constitution and turn it against a citizen..."

"To do so violates the very essence of the constitution..."

"Something is wrong here Mr.Worf, I do not like what we have become..."

There is a very good reason for the Fifth amendment being in our constitution, and it is mainly to stand against and prevent "drumhead" trials like in this episode...

There may also be "explanations" that the person is ill-equipped to explain, or handle, at that moment... And we cannot allow overzealous prosecutor's, in the heat of the moment, to take advantage of that...

It is a very good and wise protected right, and I'm glad it is, and thank the wisdom of the founding father's for putting it in there...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

"We cannot take the guiding principles of the constitution and turn it against a citizen..."

There is a very good reason for the Fifth amendment being in our constitution, and it is mainly to stand against and prevent "drumhead" trials like in this episode...

There may also be "explanations" that the person is ill-equipped to explain, or handle, at that moment... And we cannot allow overzealous prosecutor's, in the heat of the moment, to take advantage of that...

It is a very good and wise protected right, and I'm glad it is, and thank the wisdom of the founding father's for putting it in there...

God Bless!
We cannot, cannot and MUST NOT, infer a person's guilt or innocence because someone doesn't respond...

God Bless!
That episode shows how even in that advanced society how justice can and will go wrong sometimes...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Worf was always shot down in Star Trek.

• Haha
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
One explanation I've heard about the 5th is everybody is likely guilty of something found in the law, something that is not necessarily anything to do with the issue at hand. So even if a person is innocent of the charges being looked into at the moment, by dropping that right then authorities may find something else they can charge you with.

And seeing that President Trump is rather aware of that having personally used it in the past, I'd say he's engaging in his own fishing expedition with a comment like that.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Might want to explain that to Donnie boy...
Donnie boy...? Sorry, politics is not really my thing, i just saw this post on the sidebar, and felt like I had to say something to it... And I'm not up with, or on with the ways of the world a lot of the time...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Donnie boy...? Sorry, politics is not really my thing, i just saw this post on the sidebar, and felt like I had to say something to it... And I'm not up with, or on with the ways of the world a lot of the time...?

God Bless!

Allow me to educate....those quotes above about “the mob takes the 5th” were made by your fine, upstanding president...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Allow me to educate....those quotes above about “the mob takes the 5th” were made by your fine, upstanding president...
Oh, so he's Donnie boy, OK...

Thanks,

Not really my arena like i said...

So, he feels no guilt/regret/shame about what "anything" then...? Who does he claim to be...? God...?

And just because the public does, possibly because of and due to, and maybe for him being our president, means they are wrong then, right...?

I think I get it...

Dangerous man... Man of lawlessness if you ask me...

As if he has nothing to be (that he should be) ashamed of, or feel guilt or regret about, I guess, right...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Trump also called staffers pleading the Fifth "disgraceful" and "a bigger deal than Watergate" at different points during the campaign.

Trump comments on Fifth Amendment resurface after Cohen filing
Trump's wife Melania did inappropriate content modeling. The NY Post published evidence of her nude lesbian photo shoot. There are other partially nude photos of her on the Internet. It is no doubt Trump may have been mixed up with other inappropriate content models. Cohen is being investigated. One accusation I remember was how Stormy Daniels was paid is illegal. Trump claimed he did not pay her. Another accusation is someone threatened Stormy Daniels that if she talked, her child might be injured. That is extortion or witness tampering. Since they caught Cohen off guard, other things of interest might be revealed. Cohen does not want to talk. If Cohen lies to law enforcement, it is a crime. If Cohen tells the truth, they might use his confession against him.

President Nixon was a lawyer who studied perjury. He knew he could legally lie in some cases, but the lines between legal and illegal became difficult for him to discern as he ordered a cover up of the burglary of the DNC headquarters at the Watergate. After he fired some top justice department officials who were investigating him, Nixon was still in trouble. A majority of the American people were asking for his impeachment. He offered his resignation and left DC. President Gerald Ford pardoned him. His first Vice President Spiro Agnew had plead guilty to bribery charges. Some White House staff had to do prison time as they coordinated the break in in an attempt to steal private information.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to one report, Trump vehemently denied paying Stormy Daniels:
Donald Trump ‘VEHEMENTLY DENIES’ paying inappropriate content star £94,000 to ‘keep hidden encounter quiet’

More recently Trump admitted hiring Michael Cohen in the Stormy Daniels deal. An attorney stated this admission was hugely damaging. Is it damaging to Cohen, or Trump, or both? Who is credible? Trump contradicted himself.

While trying to defend himself from allegations made in the Steele Dossier, Trump said he did not spend one night in Moscow during a Miss Universe contest years ago. Travel records indicate he stayed more than one night in Moscow during the pageant in question.

Why was Trump so eager for Russian hackers to come to his defense and release embarrassing information about the Democrats? Is conspiracy to release stolen information a crime?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was following John Dean on Twitter. He flipped on Nixon. Went to jail anyway. Converted to Christianity after Watergate.
Colson converted as well. Maybe evangelicals will have another reason to say Trump is doing God’s will if a few miscreants convert.:preach:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0