“God’s Not Dead 2” Star Reports Persecution

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Melissa Joan Hart, the actress who stars in God’s Not Dead 2 says she is “getting grief” for playing the role of a good Christian woman in the film.

CNSNews.com is reporting on Hart’s role in the sequel to the 2014 hit, God’s Not Dead. The new movie, which opens today, is all about taking the conversation about faith in the public forum to a new level.

In the film, Hart plays a teacher named Grace Wesley who gets in trouble for responding to a student’s question by comparing the teachings of Jesus Christ with those of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The school, citing the violation of the separation of church and state, demands that she apologize. When she refuses, a civil rights group convinces the student’s parents to sue her on the basis that there is no historical proof Christ ever existed.

“For the longest time, while I played a witch on television [on ‘Sabrina, The Teenage Witch’], the Christian community attacked me for popularizing the magic aspects on that secular TV show,” Hart said in an interview with the Chicago Sun Times.

“Now it’s the opposite. I’m getting grief for playing the good Christian woman who is being persecuted by the outside world!”

- See more at: http://www.womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=48863#sthash.wCYXm1Rd.dpuf

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering if this is a report that coincides with the movie character and is a vehicle to promote the movie?
The first movie was about persecution , the second one is too apparently. What better way to draw attention to the film than for a former "witch" actor to now claim playing a persecuted Christian in a Christian film is causing her to be persecuted in real life.

How does it make any real sense that this would happen.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm wondering if this is a report that coincides with the movie character and is a vehicle to promote the movie?
The first movie was about persecution , the second one is too apparently. What better way to draw attention to the film than for a former "witch" actor to now claim playing a persecuted Christian in a Christian film is causing her to be persecuted in real life.

How does it make any real sense that this would happen.
You must not know what Twitter is.

Upvote 0