‘An Assault on Those Who are Pro-Life’: Legal Group Responds to DOJ Dropping Conscience Complaint

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Believe it or not, this is the reason why I don't drive Uber. If someone called me and wanted a ride to the "Women's Health Clinic" around here, I would refuse the fare and that would likely open up a whole can of worms about how I'm a "bigot" blah blah blah.

There's a lot of ways that you can be sucked in to helping to commit an abortion that most people don't actually think about, it's kind of scary.

• Prayers
Reactions: Fr. Appletree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believe it or not, this is the reason why I don't drive Uber. If someone called me and wanted a ride to the "Women's Health Clinic" around here, I would refuse the fare and that would likely open up a whole can of worms about how I'm a "bigot" blah blah blah.

There's a lot of ways that you can be sucked in to helping to commit an abortion that most people don't actually think about, it's kind of scary.
Women’s Health Clinics do much more than abortions. The problem is when you knowingly assist someone getting an abortion.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Women’s Health Clinics do much more than abortions. The problem is when you knowingly assist someone getting an abortion.

The one around here that I'm referencing calls itself a "Women's Health Clinic" but according to people from the St. Charles Borromeo parish, really only does abortions. That's why they've banned people from saying the rosary in their parking lot and being on the property can now be an instantaneous arrest, so the people who pray have to go across the street to do it.

I did not know about the knowingly aspect of it. My understanding was that if you assisted someone in getting an abortion at all, that you were effectively excommunicated, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The one around here that I'm referencing calls itself a "Women's Health Clinic" but according to people from the St. Charles Borromeo parish, really only does abortions. That's why they've banned people from saying the rosary in their parking lot and being on the property can now be an instantaneous arrest, so the people who pray have to go across the street to do it.

I did not know about the knowingly aspect of it. My understanding was that if you assisted someone in getting an abortion at all, that you were effectively excommunicated, but thanks for clearing that up for me.
Yes. That was how it was explained to me. But yeah, if that clinic is an abortion mill, I don’t blame you a bit.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes. That was how it was explained to me. But yeah, if that clinic is an abortion mill, I don’t blame you a bit.
I once was assigned a job to pull some networking cables and then they gave me the address. It was a Planned Parenthood site. I told them I couldn't do it and that was the end of it. But that was a couple of years ago. I don't know what would happen now other than I still wouldn't do it.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what would happen now other than I still wouldn't do it.

Nowadays you'd probably be fired and eventually outed to Twitter as someone who is against the grand leftist sacrament of slaughtering a child in utero because you don't want to have to take responsibility for your actions.

I wouldn't have done it either.

Upvote 0