✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
השם יהוה נאמר

Going to Messianic services, and Biblical Hebrew language class for over a year (August 2022 - October 2023) I found there were many ways to pronounce YAHWEH יהוה : YAHWEH, YAHVEH, YAHOEH, Yod Hey Wah Hey JEHOVAH, etc. Now there is no "J" in Hebrew, and the English language didn't have "J" till 1524. rather, English used "I" which is interchangeable with the Y sound. The top pronunciation on Google when asked how to pronounce the Tetragrammaton is "Ye-Ho-Wah." Most scholars agree on "Yahweh" - pronounced "Yah-Way"

So, I began to seek
יהוה in prayer, and after some time over days into weeks, the Spirit said "breathe." So I did lay there and breathe slowly in and out, and listened to the sound thereof, which was something like "Yaaaah-oooo-eh" or "Yehueh" but drawn out. "Yeh...." inhalation, "Ooooeh," - exhalation.

For the Ruach HaQodesh רואח הקדש is the Spirit Holy who gives breath, and is the breath of God, by which we know He created every star, and all the host of heaven by Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."
Now, that revelation came about sometimes in October or November of 2023, and behold, today, February 8, 2024, I was reading a 1611 work by Lewis Bayly (1575-1631) "The Practice of Piety: Directing a Christian How to Walk that He May Please God," and I did read this, "Of the first sort is the name Jehovah (Exod. xv.3), or rather Jehueh, which signifieth the eternal being of himself..."
Drop the "J" - replace with the original "Y" and you have "Yehueh" - EXACTLY what I'd deduced from breathing at the prompting of the Spirit!

And the word of a 15th century Puritan preacher who was also chaplain to King James still surely speaks even 412 or 413 years later.
Another little piece of trivia I learned researching this, was that Bayly's book "The Practice of Piety" was also responsible for John Bunyans conversion: same Bunyan who wrote "The Pilgrims Promise."

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
1707439462741.jpeg

Yad - EE
Hey - AH
Waw - U as in W , or double u, or OO
Hey - AH

EEAHOOAH, Yah-hwah, Spoken in two syllables.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Very close to what I got.
You mentioned the breath. I think that's very important. Alan Horvath gives more insight into how the Ruach Ha'Kodesh fits in, in his video.

I'll take my inferences a step further.

(CLV) Gn 2:7 Yahweh Elohim formed the human out of soil from the ground, and He blew into his nostrils the breath of life; and the human became a living soul.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
You mentioned the breath. I think that's very important. Alan Horvath gives more insight into how the Ruach Ha'Kodesh fits in, in his video.

I'll take my inferences a step further.

(CLV) Gn 2:7 Yahweh Elohim formed the human out of soil from the ground, and He blew into his nostrils the breath of life; and the human became a living soul.

The whole experience & revelation was about the breath. And how he says it on the video is not very far removed from the pronunciation I had when I first did it with the breath. A little more "ooo" in the middle than his, but otherwise really close. He also says it faster, whereas mine was "Yaaaah-oooo-eh" Shorten the syllables and it's probably same, with the only difference being accent & inflection?

He also mentions Yeshua breathing on the disciples to receive the Holy Ghost.

Another truth I learned a few years ago is that scripture says when
יהוה Elohim breathed the breath of life man became a living soul, but scripture also says the life is in the BLOOD. (Gen 2:7, Lev. 17:11 " For the life of the flesh is in the blood") It's NOT a contradiction. Both are true. The blood would cease to be life without the breath because it carries the oxygen which gives life to everything in the body (Life in the blood, before medical science figured it out), and the heart is held between the lungs in a configuration that looks like its held between 2 praying hands?

1707486354699.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-09 7.49.31 AM.png

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeho or Yahu is often shortenens to Ye or yo or yah
Yovah or yevah, yavah
Yohvah, Yahvah, yehah
Yahwah, Yehwah, Yohwah
if we use shureq
we get yahuah, or yehuah
there are many possible transliterations and variations of the Divine Name across different dialects and peoples. So one specific transliteration in the latin alphabet is not superior.
What is more important is to know where the Name belongs in scripture.

I know there's different dialects and ways to say things. Don't think I've heard Yo before, and the vowel points were added later. Any time I've seen Yahweh spelled with them it's shva, patach, or qamets under the yod. which are either short/reduced Eh or short or long Ah

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is more important is to know where the Name belongs in scripture.

The LXX-Septuagint is very helpful in this regard when compared with the Hebrew text. Modern Hebrew scholarship says there is no existential particle or particle of existence in Biblical Hebrew apart from yesh, (יש), but are they correct?

Psalm 34:8 OG LXX
8 (33:9) γευσασθε και ιδετε οτι χρηστος ο κυριος μακαριος ανηρ ος ελπιζει επ αυτον

If they were reading the Tetragrammaton herein then Kurios should rather be anarthrous, (without the article).

טעמו וראו כי־טוב יהוה אשרי הגבר יחסה־בו׃

In the Hebrew text some of the word separators have been removed, (the waw), but not that which is critical. So perhaps they were not reading the full Tetragrammaton but rather something more like YH ו IS, reading the final Hei as a particle of existence, separated by the waw, (which doubled as a word separator before the Ashuri text was separated). The paleo letter Hei even further supports this likelihood, a man with his arms raised up offering praise: behold, he is, or perhaps I should rather say, hei is. :D

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yovah or yevah, yavah
Yohvah, Yahvah, yehah

There is no letter V in Ancient Hebrew

if we use shureq

The niqqud were added, roughly 1000 years, after the Zadokites, the rightful judges of scripture, went silent. They were added by the Masoretes, who are of the Pharisees; and Yah gave them no authority to alter the manuscripts.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
There is no letter V in Ancient Hebrew

The niqqud were added, roughly 1000 years, after the Zadokites, the rightful judges of scripture, went silent. They were added by the Masoretes, who are of the Pharisees; and Yah gave them no authority to alter the manuscripts.

The Waw or so called "Vav" even with the Masoretic changes is a U (ooo) sound with a shurek "vav" and "O" sound with a cholem "vav".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Waw or so called "Vav" even with the Masoretic changes is a U (ooo) sound with a shurek "vav" and "O" sound with a cholem "vav".

Uwf/Owf (the letter Feh, a two-horned viper, has now dropped out of the language)

5-6-Heh-Uweh-Feh-c.png

The stake of the Waw, (Uweh), strikes through the neck of the Feh, (a two-horned viper). The Waw is identical with the middle Hebrew (Paleo) Waw, so it goes back to the beginning, and examples are found at Har Karkom and around the Negev. The Dliy is a water bucket for drawing well water, turned sideways, as though Elohim is pouring out water from His water bucket upon the earth, (Num 24:7). The Dliy, the Waw, and the Hlal may be seen in the chart which HARK posted in Reply #2.

Har Karkom example of Feh:

har-karkom-staff.png

The circle at the top is the letter Ayin, (without the center dot or circle, and also seen on the chart which HARK posted). The standing two-horned viper/rod is the letter Feh. The Egyptian hieroglyph for phonetic F was also a two-horned viper but it was written in a horizontal position, (it did not originate with them). All the Otot are written in the heavens by the finger of Elohim. :)

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I often still forget that the English J sounds like chee. I am from the continent where we say J as Y, so written Jesus is pronounced as Yesus.
As are most Hebrew names, Yahshua is a Theophoric name with meaning,

Mt 1:21
Now she shall be bringing forth a Son, and you shall be calling His name Yahshua, for He (Yah) shall be saving (shua) His people from their sins."

Ancient Roman names would give glory to Zeus, by adding "us" or "sus' to the ends of their names.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟8,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As are most Hebrew names, Yahshua is a Theophoric name with meaning,

Mt 1:21
Now she shall be bringing forth a Son, and you shall be calling His name Yahshua, for He (Yah) shall be saving (shua) His people from their sins."

Ancient Roman names would give glory to Zeus, by adding "us" or "sus' to the ends of their names.
And yet english 1 and 2 studies of the greco pantheon along side thespians culture are a perimeter to graduate high school in the U S.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I often still forget that the English J sounds like chee. I am from the continent where we say J as Y, so written Jesus is pronounced as Yesus.

J itself is only 500 years old. Is it just American English where it's a Juh or Jeh sound? Even in some words J sounds like I or Y, or H as in Spanish, Jesus' = Heysoos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟8,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
J itself is only 500 years old. Is it just American English where it's a Juh or Jeh sound? Even in some words J sounds like I or Y, or H as in Spanish, Jesus' = Heysoos.
J is a French latin variant of y. History of linguist are a bore

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟8,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
השם יהוה נאמר

Going to Messianic services, and Biblical Hebrew language class for over a year (August 2022 - October 2023) I found there were many ways to pronounce YAHWEH יהוה : YAHWEH, YAHVEH, YAHOEH, Yod Hey Wah Hey JEHOVAH, etc. Now there is no "J" in Hebrew, and the English language didn't have "J" till 1524. rather, English used "I" which is interchangeable with the Y sound. The top pronunciation on Google when asked how to pronounce the Tetragrammaton is "Ye-Ho-Wah." Most scholars agree on "Yahweh" - pronounced "Yah-Way"

So, I began to seek
יהוה in prayer, and after some time over days into weeks, the Spirit said "breathe." So I did lay there and breathe slowly in and out, and listened to the sound thereof, which was something like "Yaaaah-oooo-eh" or "Yehueh" but drawn out. "Yeh...." inhalation, "Ooooeh," - exhalation.

For the Ruach HaQodesh רואח הקדש is the Spirit Holy who gives breath, and is the breath of God, by which we know He created every star, and all the host of heaven by Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."
Now, that revelation came about sometimes in October or November of 2023, and behold, today, February 8, 2024, I was reading a 1611 work by Lewis Bayly (1575-1631) "The Practice of Piety: Directing a Christian How to Walk that He May Please God," and I did read this, "Of the first sort is the name Jehovah (Exod. xv.3), or rather Jehueh, which signifieth the eternal being of himself..."
Drop the "J" - replace with the original "Y" and you have "Yehueh" - EXACTLY what I'd deduced from breathing at the prompting of the Spirit!

And the word of a 15th century Puritan preacher who was also chaplain to King James still surely speaks even 412 or 413 years later.
Another little piece of trivia I learned researching this, was that Bayly's book "The Practice of Piety" was also responsible for John Bunyans conversion: same Bunyan who wrote "The Pilgrims Promise."
Yod is the fire of vav.

Those that offer strange are the enemy.
Ie waw

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why birds desire to devour the yod and vav. @daq

That is erroneous and is not something I have said or would say.
The seed of the Word is the Logos, not the letter, (Mark 4:14).

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟8,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is erroneous and is not something I have said or would say.
The seed of the Word is the Logos, not the letter, (Mark 4:14).
I wrote @daq to ask for your opinion on the subjective op.
Thankyou for responding.
It's not often, but on occasion there are individuals that see through the hebrew to its roots of calligraphy and learn from there.
Rare as it may be.
Would you please elaborate on the Letter ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0