timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yep, this is to maximize fat burn. So you work out in the morning?

Indeed I do. The most calories I burn in an exercise takes place in the morning before any meals. Sometimes, I also workout in the afternoon in between meals, couple of hours after lunch to maximize my time under ketosis.

I'm still on high carb diet and I can feel the "switch" to ketosis during exercise when I'm starting to get low on glycogen and the body starts burning more fat to conserve glycogen. It's a distinct, unmistakable feeling. Generally, a good feeling and late exercise boost in energy.

Each morning, I burn up to 700 Calories in exercise (power lifting and running up and down stairs twice in a 28 floor building) doing it in a fasted state, without drinking any fluids. Both high intensity workouts.

On Saturday, I can burn over 3000 Calories in just one long cardio session in a fasted state without eating and only drinking water. Zero calories.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This opening statement makes me suspicious of the validity of the science of nutrition following. What it does is reel in a certain group with certain beliefs and can manipulate them. Unless they are saying farm equipment exhaust is not harmful to the environment. Less meat helps the environment. I didn't know that cow farts were more harmful than farm equipment exhaust?

"Background
Plant-origin diets are becoming more popular due to their low environmental impact and health benefits. Non-communicable diseases and climatic change are major worldwide health issues, and eating more vegetables and less meat can optimize health and the environment. Vegan diets often have a lower energy density but a greater concentration of phytonutrients, fiber, minerals, and vitamins."

I believe this nutrition science is true with omnivores.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,360.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The actual study is here:

1. It lasted for only 8 weeks. Serious problems with vegan diets take even several years to surface. This is the biggest weakness of this study.
2. There is no scientific proof that lower LDL, decrease in normal body weight or lower insulin is "healthier", its just an opinion of the authors of the study and maybe the opposite is true.
3. When you look at the tables, the omnivore group ate more sugars, but less fiber. So it was not just "the same plants plus meat". The difference in meals, herbs added to meals etc. might influence the small reported differences in outcomes. Indeed, you will have lower insulin when consuming less sugar and more fiber. The vegan group also consumed less protein.
4. The vegan group reported less enjoying the diet (a difference in salt amount?), they ate 200 calories a day less, which may significantly impact the measured outcomes.
5. The participants were mostly women (10 men, 34 women).
6. Both groups ate a high carb diet, so this study cannot say anything about for example low carb (like keto or carnivore) diet.

The findings have been exaggerated in the media, as always.

Note:
Christopher Gardner is a vegan who thinks eating meat is dangerous, he received donations from for example Beyond Meat company.
This study was funded by the Vogt Foundation (they are also behind Gamechangers movie).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This opening statement makes me suspicious of the validity of the science of nutrition following. What it does is reel in a certain group with certain beliefs and can manipulate them. Unless they are saying farm equipment exhaust is not harmful to the environment. Less meat helps the environment. I didn't know that cow farts were more harmful than farm equipment exhaust?

"Background
Plant-origin diets are becoming more popular due to their low environmental impact and health benefits. Non-communicable diseases and climatic change are major worldwide health issues, and eating more vegetables and less meat can optimize health and the environment. Vegan diets often have a lower energy density but a greater concentration of phytonutrients, fiber, minerals, and vitamins."

I believe this nutrition science is true with omnivores.

I'm omnivore out of convenience. But I've actually done well in periods where my diet is vegetarian. The meat I consume is relatively small in quantity. I get more protein from milk and vegetables.

Anyway, commercially-raised cows are fed with grains and these grains have to come from a farm. The irony is that the meat industry is also heavily dependent on agriculture.

Even grass-fed livestock depend on huge grazing lands which you get from mowing down the forest, same as agriculture.

The only ONLY environment-friendly way of sourcing food is to hunt or forage them from the forest. But in the present situation, hunting and foraging won't be a sustainable feeding solution to 8 billion people unless after some cataclysm where global population can be reduced to under a million.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyway, commercially-raised cows are fed with grains and these grains have to come from a farm.
I eat grass-fed beef whenever I eat beef because of the Omega fatty acid profile. I try to stay away from grain-fed beef. You are right game is probably the healthiest meat to eat.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are right game is probably the healthiest meat to eat.

Sadly, not sustainable for 8 billion people.

If we all hunted game, we'd probably drive many species to extinction and in the end we would probably be forced to hunt each other. I think there's just way too many people on Earth to do anything that won't harm natural ecosystems.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0