KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always hear people talking about "praying on the armour of God," especially in the face of spiritual warfare, and I honestly have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm fairly certain that the armour of God is an indication of lifestyle: One that is defined by faith, righteousness, the assurance of salvation, and the truth of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Found it!

Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-- NKJV

And here's a link:
The whole armour of God: Ephesians 6 - The Living Word Library -

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My first thought was that of David when he was going to fight the giant and the king wanted him to use his armor but David decided not to. Instead, he used a sling and a stone. :D

I thought about the weight of the world and how we need God's "armor" to fight the battle called life. How we try to use the "best armor" (anything outside of the Lord) to fight our battles but only the Lord's will withstand.

*shrugs*

I don't know....it all sounds so cliche' to me. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif]
armor-dude-plain.jpg
[/FONT]

Armor-of-God-Title.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] We are in a battle![/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] We have an enemy who wants to steal away everything God wants us to have. Only it’s not a battle we can see. Our enemy is Satan - and Satan lives in the invisible world of the spirit. Even though we can’t see him, Satan is very real. And he wants nothing more than to take us away from God.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] And Satan is sneaky. He will use every trick to get us to turn away from God.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] You don’t have to be afraid of Satan - but you have to be ready to fight him! And so, like a great warrior, you need to put on your armor. And because your enemy is a spirit, God will give you spiritual armor.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] So put on the whole Armor of God![/FONT]

the-belt-of-truth.gif
[/FONT]
belt-fig-1.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Tie the Belt of Truth around waist. God is real. God loves you, and Jesus died for your sins. God is on your side - that is the Truth![/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Hold on to the Truth, and like a good tight belt, the truth will hold you up and keep you strong when Satan attacks.[/FONT]

breastplate-of.gif
[/FONT]
breastplate-fig-2.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Guard your heart.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Put on the Breastplate of Righteousness. Always do what is right and good. That way, Satan won’t have anything to grab onto to worm his way into your heart. You will be able to stand straight and tall, with your head held high.[/FONT]

shoes-of-the-gospel.gif
[/FONT]
armor-dude-fig-3.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Next, put on the Shoes of The Gospel of Peace.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Be ready to go wherever God sends you to tell the Good News of God’s amazing love for us.[/FONT]

shield-of-faith.gif
[/FONT]
armor-shield-fig-4.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] And then, to protect yourself from Satan’s flaming arrows, take up the Shield of Faith![/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] The God of the Universe is on your side. God is your protector. Put your faith in Him and Satan cannot hurt you![/FONT]

helmet-of-salvation.gif
[/FONT]
armor-helmet-fig-5.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] Now, put on the Helmet of Salvation.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] You are saved! You are God’s child! Satan has already lost, death is already defeated, and nothing can ever take you away from God. Keep your thoughts always on that![/FONT]

sword-of-the-spirit.gif
[/FONT]
armor-sword-fig-6.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] And finally, take up the Sword of the Spirit.[/FONT]

[FONT=palatino, times, new times roman, bookman, new century schoolbook, serif] God has given us a weapon to fight back against Satan’s lies and accusations. Our weapon is the truth of God’s Word. It is the Bible. God’s Word can cut Satan’s lies to pieces. Use God’s Word to fight Satan just like Jesus did when Satan tempted him in the desert. The words of the Bible are your sword. [/FONT]

now-you-are-ready.gif
[/FONT]
armor-dude-plain.jpg
[/FONT]​

Reactions: Reneemo4
Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Derrick! :thumbsup::)

You're welcome. As adults, we're often guilty of over-complicating simple instructions. In all seriousness, when I don't understand something in the bible, I'll look through the Goldren Children's Bible or I'll search Sunday School lessons. ^_^

Besides, we are instructed to humble ourselves like children.
113.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You're welcome. As adults, we're often guilty of over-complicating simple instructions. In all seriousness, when I don't understand something in the bible, I'll look through the Goldren Children's Bible or I'll search Sunday School lessons. ^_^

Besides, we are instructed to humble ourselves like children.
113.gif

Exactly! :D

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a friend who recites that prayer every morning and I think it's a great idea. When you think about the armor in a literal sense it really puts it in perspective.:)

That's awesome! And it really does put it in perspective. :)

Upvote 0

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I have a friend who recites that prayer every morning and I think it's a great idea. When you think about the armor in a literal sense it really puts it in perspective.:)

Really good idea. If we take a moment to start the day that way...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
If you don't know your salvation is in Jesus, you might start thinking all sorts of weird thoughts of your own mortality which is why it is the helmet, right?

Faith can stop anything, but only so long as you direct it and focus. It is an active defense, like a shield.

Righteousness is a state of being where you don't do corrupt acts as a rule. This saves your heart from being corrupted even further, which is why it is the breastplate.

Shoes help you travel, which is why they are there to help you spread the Good News.

Truth is a belt... Not exactly sure on this one.

Upvote 0