Pennsylvania
✟793,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus, said in that scripture 'how much i wanted to do x and you didn't allow...'
To say God decrees everything we do is wrong imo, God doesn't plan to people to sin, he doesn't want people to sin, that is consequences of decisions and more sin before and other things.

Anyway you can end up 'crazy' thinking about this kind of stuff, it's just what i think.
I didn't say he "wanted" them to sin. What God has decreed, will happen. And that too is what we choose, even when we choose to sin.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
-
Just look at Ananias and Sapphira or some of the believers that were getting drunk at the Lords Supper Remembrance (many sleep) that means they have died.

Or in contemporary times, drug, alcoholic, over weight, etc.. has caused many an early death.
That's true but we all sin so we're all subject to an early death.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's true but we all sin so we're all subject to an early death.
-

Well what i was speaking to are sins where God actually takes a persons life. From The Bible i see this as directed toward God's believers (born again children) as a form of judgment for sin. This may not happen as much now as this did in the early church as seen in The New Testament in a few examples.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, people can do things to keep themselves alive, but God controls if and how long they live.

"He who loves his life will lose it," Jesus says in John 12:25.

There are people who have done things to stay alive, but they have lost their lives because they have loved their lives.

And ones have tried to commit suicide, but God overruled that. But others have been so effectively resisted by God, that in their frustration and rebellion against God they have killed themselves and God did not stop them.

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5).

So the proud are not really in control!

Upvote 0