✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This afternoon: V8 Spicy Hot 100% vegetable juice
That's some good stuff. My dad works outside cutting trees all day under the burning Arkansas sun. He can drink a whole big bottle of V8 while working. Of course, he prefers the spicy one.

Upvote 0

JustHisKid

Jun 12, 2015
✟2,859.00
Faith
Christian
How can any upstanding Catholic forum not have a thread on this ;)

For those who like either, what are you prefs? I'm all over the map.....

And while not a snob for either (ugh that pretentiousness makes me ill), I don't drink utter swill either.

Wine I like all kinds, but tend to go reds in winter, whites in summer.

Beer similar...darker, heavier stuff in winter, lighter in the summer.

You?

I like a cab, but in the summer, definitely a chilled Pino Grigio. Beer, IPA all the way.

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Their beer is fine but it can't touch English beer, stride for stride.

Besides the Brits can't make food OR wine to save their life, tell the Germans they can't have it all (that's so German of them!) ;)

any country that drinks their beer warm goes to the back of the line as far as I'm concerned. there is a reason why a lot of breweries brew their own seasonal versions of oktoberfest beers. germans are the gold standard. and germans and wine? now the french and italians want to have a serious word with you.

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
sigh

You have so much to learn my son. May enlightenment settle upon you.

;) To each their own.

I am not too aware of german wine, but I doubt they come close to most merlots or chianti. beer on the other hand, germans know their hops.

On a less lofty note, had Mikes "hard" lemonade the other day, first one in years. A good hot summer kinda drink.

yet I'm the one who has much to learn. limoncello or amaretto sours are the way to go. two lovely drink concoctions from italia if I may add.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MilesVitae

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts, New England
✟9,880.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's Dogfishhead IPA, then the rest.

Oh, I must beg to differ - if you ever find yourself near Monson, Massachusetts, try to get your hands on Julius by Treehouse Brewing (fresh in a 750 or growler from the tap - it hasn't delivered as well in cans). Likewise for Alchemist's Heady Topper or Focal Banger if you ever find yourself near Waterbury or Burlington, Vermont - except that the can is not only acceptable but (at least for Heady Topper) desirable.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Beer similar...darker, heavier stuff in winter, lighter in the summer.

You?

Guinness , all the year round , Bill . ;)

Nectar of the gods .

img_4122.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Guinness , all the year round , Bill . ;)

Nectar of the gods .
Apparently the gods like drinking dirty water. ;) Don't get me wrong, it tastes fine, but give me a beer that I don't need 50 of to get a little alcohol tingle.

And how can you drink that when you're surrounded by so much good English stuff??

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I must beg to differ - if you ever find yourself near Monson, Massachusetts, try to get your hands on Julius by Treehouse Brewing (fresh in a 750 or growler from the tap - it hasn't delivered as well in cans). Likewise for Alchemist's Heady Topper or Focal Banger if you ever find yourself near Waterbury or Burlington, Vermont - except that the can is not only acceptable but (at least for Heady Topper) desirable.
ah well, I'm not likely to ever be up that way.

I know there are many good IPAs out there now, I just have never had one top Dogfishead. I think Stone's IPA came pretty close.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Apparently the gods like drinking dirty water. ;) Don't get me wrong, it tastes fine, but give me a beer that I don't need 50 of to get a little alcohol tingle.

And how can you drink that when you're surrounded by so much good English stuff??

I have yet to find an English beer to match Guinness .

Boddingtons in Manchester used to brew cask mild beer , and it was good , but with mergers , takeovers , modernisation etc. you can no longer get it . :(

Benedictine is a liqueur I love .

Perhaps that's because I live in Accrington , and the town is well known for its fondness for Benedictine .

It is a remarkable fact that more Benedictine liqueur is drunk in East Lancashire – more specifically the area which includes Accrington, Blackburn and Burnley – than anywhere outside France .

http://www.lancashireinfantrymuseum...-the-benedictine-connection-or-a-bene-and-ot/

Last edited:
Upvote 0