Feb 18, 2011
In this world, but not of it.
✟3,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ken-1122:

I believe that you (collectively) are overcomplicating things. Again, here is where the words first appear in scripture:

Isaiah 45:22-24

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed."

For starters, the "me" here is none Other than Jesus Christ. He has sworn by Himself that unto Him shall every knee bow one day and every tongue "swear" or confess (see Philippians 2:9-11). IOW, this simply means that every one of us will have to give an account before Him one day and we will acknowledge that it is the LORD before Whom we are giving our account.

Romans 14:10-12

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

Again, "it is written" in Isaiah chapter 45, as I've twice quoted, and it was written to inform us that every one of us shall give account of himself to God. It's really that simple. This does NOT mean that every one will become a believer or a Christian at this time, though. No, not at all, for we read:

Matthew 7:21-23

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them; I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

MANY will call Jesus "Lord" in that day and yet will not be granted admission into the kingdom of heaven (NOT the kingdom IN heaven, btw...it will be on earth) because they didn't do the will of the Father during their lifetimes. Again, you're basically going to have your day in court. In an earthly court, you might/should address the judge as "your honor". On that day, you'll address your judge as "Lord"...whether you were truly subjected to His Lordship in your lifetime or not. Going back to the original quote in Isaiah, specifically verse 24, there will be two different classes of individuals who will swear/confess before the Lord that day:

1. Those who truly had the Lord as their righteousness due to the fact that they had genuinely repented of their sin and followed Him during their lifetimes. Such will enter the kingdom of heaven.

2. Those who were "incensed against him" or who rejected His gracious call throughout their lifetimes and lived as rebels against Him. Such "shall be ashamed" and will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

I hope that this both simplifies it and clarifies it for you.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really! How many people are on welfare? How many people get food stamps? How many people accept section 8 housing? Need I go on?

It is understandable for people to be reluctant to accept charity from someone they don’t trust. If their close friend or family member were to give charity, it would probably be a different story.

I suspect for the most part, the generosity of the USA has strings attached and the nations respond accordingly.

I would accept anything I considered of value; and the sacrifice is up to the giver (with few exceptions of course)

No problem

I’ve never had to beg

I don’t know how I would respond, and hopefully I will never know.

Ken
There are lots of people on welfare, but which of them feel they are totally “undeserving” and that the “government” is making some huge sacrifice to care for them? Welfare is thought of as insurance payments made for those that did not make it. Most feel it is part of their rights as citizens, they are just part of the system (the cost of having a rich nation). They often feel the government is not doing its job to truly take care of them and the government is just doing this little thing to placate them. It is all given to take care of the children, get them back on their feet and win their vote, so at some point, they or their children will be paying taxes in the future. There are also those that “steal” from the system (they are not accepting charity).
You say you would eagerly accept charity, but you have never begged, so is begging for pure mercy that you totally do not deserve something you would find easy to do?
This is the kind of pure charity we are talking about and people in general find hard to do and will avoid doing. (you seem to have avoided it.)

This is nothing like taking a welfare check, It is like the young son in the prodigal son story (Luke 15: 11-32) that virtually told his father “I wish you were dead”, takes money he does not deserve, leave his responsibility to his father, drags the good name of the family through the dirt and then has the audacity to return home and ask for a job (willing to accept charity) from the father.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
It's inexplicable (supersedes explanation). The compulsion will be beyond overwhelming.

But nobody is compelled to do it now; why would they do it then?

K

All (every eye) will see Him face to face. There will be no place to hide or flee. Knees will inexplicably bow. There will be no denying Who He is.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is how I interperted what he said. If it weren't against my will there would be no need to defeat me in order to get me to do what he wants me to do; don't cha think?

K

No, I think you mis-interpreted what was said. Since what is being discussed is spiritual, the defeat mentioned is a defeat of will (spirit) this it would not go against your will, it would be a CHANGE of will.

We can do this now! (Avoid the rush)

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But God is God now and nobody is doing it; why do you say it will happen in the future?

k

False. What was just described is worship. Theoretically, the whole Church does that. While that's arguable, there have been a good number doing that for at least 2000 years

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jesus freak said: “Were not doing it now well except in prayer but every knee isn't bowing now because were not in the presence of His Glory. He made the heavens and the earth man. Youwill be so utterly amazed and in awe youll just drop!”

Dollarsbill (quote) “Because they haven't yet seen Jesus face to face.
”
Brinny (quote) “All (every eye) will see Him face to face. There will be no place to hide or flee. Knees will inexplicably bow. There will be no denying Who He is.”

(reply) Okay if I understand you guys correctly, when in the presence of God and you see him face to face, (when we are given proof) we will be compelled to drop to our knees and confess. My 2nd question is; why doesn’t he give us this proof now before it is too late?

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ken-1122:

I believe that you (collectively) are overcomplicating things. Again, here is where the words first appear in scripture:

Why do you perceive my question as complicated? I thought it was quite simple.
For starters, the "me" here is none Other than Jesus Christ. He has sworn by Himself that unto Him shall every knee bow one day and every tongue "swear" or confess (see Philippians 2:9-11). IOW, this simply means that every one of us will have to give an account before Him one day and we will acknowledge that it is the LORD before Whom we are giving our account.
Okay, at this point there is proof that this God exists right? So my question is; why doesn’t he provide this proof now before it’s too late? See not complicated at all!
Going back to the original quote in Isaiah, specifically verse 24, there will be two different classes of individuals who will swear/confess before the Lord that day:

1. Those who truly had the Lord as their righteousness due to the fact that they had genuinely repented of their sin and followed Him during their lifetimes. Such will enter the kingdom of heaven.

2. Those who were "incensed against him" or who rejected His gracious call throughout their lifetimes and lived as rebels against Him. Such "shall be ashamed" and will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

I hope that this both simplifies it and clarifies it for you.
I think there are a few others;
3. Those who have never heard of this God, they only know of the God that they were raised with
4. Those who neither worship God nor reject him, they simply ignore him because the cost of “his graciousness” is too much for them to pay.

Anyway back to the original question, if proof will be given someday, why not provide it now?

Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There are lots of people on welfare, but which of them feel they are totally “undeserving” and that the “government” is making some huge sacrifice to care for them?
I don’t think it matters, it is still charity. BTW there are people who are too proud to take welfare because they want to make it on their own.

Also, I have to disagree with your claim that false pride prevents people from accepting God’s charity, I hear it all the time; Christians claiming that salvation is a “gift” and all you have to do is accept it without any cost to you.
The way I see it, when you read the “fine print” there are much expenses, hidden cost and a whole lotta strings attached that comes along with accepting this “gift” (as you call it) such as:

1 paying tides; 10% of your income for the rest of your life is hardly free (can’t be cheating God if you gonna accept his gift right?)
2. You gotta worship God for the rest of your life; many people see worship and bowing down as degrading and disrespecting yourself; I know I do
3. You gotta try not to sin anymore: there are many acts people are comfortable with that the Christian God has deemed “sin”. Not because it harms others, but simply because God is God and he said so. This often requires a complete change of lifestyle that we are comfortable with; often requiring we give up things we don’t want to give up.
If I accept this “free gift” I can’t have sex with my girlfriend anymore because we aren’t married, I can’t go drinking with my buddies on weekends; gotta go to church instead, I can’t flair up a joint after work and relax a little; I mean these are things many people don’t wanna have to give up but if they accept God’s gift they will have to! Maybe THAT’S why people are unwilling to accept this gift, because of the hidden costs and strings attached to accepting it; what do you think? Do you see any truth in that?

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, I think you mis-interpreted what was said. Since what is being discussed is spiritual, the defeat mentioned is a defeat of will (spirit) this it would not go against your will, it would be a CHANGE of will.

We can do this now! (Avoid the rush)

So why doesn't God change our will now before it is too late?

K

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
False. What was just described is worship. Theoretically, the whole Church does that. While that's arguable, there have been a good number doing that for at least 2000 years
Perhaps if the person I was responding to had your opinion, I would have responded differently

Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ALL the people you're responding to have described worship. Logic fail

That's YOUR opinion not theirs. Their opinion is exactly what they say they are describing. My answers are to in the context of their opinions not yours.

Ken

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think it matters, it is still charity. BTW there are people who are too proud to take welfare because they want to make it on their own.

Air and water are charity from God to some degree, but we do not accept these as charity.

We are really talking about completing the transaction, if you do not accept the charity as the pure charity it is, than the transaction is not completed and really did not happen. Matt. 18: 21-35 explains this concept.

Man’s part is in humbly accepting the charity as pure charity.

Also, I have to disagree with your claim that false pride prevents people from accepting God’s charity, I hear it all the time; Christians claiming that salvation is a “gift” and all you have to do is accept it without any cost to you.
The way I see it, when you read the “fine print” there are much expenses, hidden cost and a whole lotta strings attached that comes along with accepting this “gift” (as you call it) such as:

1 paying tides; 10% of your income for the rest of your life is hardly free (can’t be cheating God if you gonna accept his gift right?)
2. You gotta worship God for the rest of your life; many people see worship and bowing down as degrading and disrespecting yourself; I know I do
3. You gotta try not to sin anymore: there are many acts people are comfortable with that the Christian God has deemed “sin”. Not because it harms others, but simply because God is God and he said so. This often requires a complete change of lifestyle that we are comfortable with; often requiring we give up things we don’t want to give up.
If I accept this “free gift” I can’t have sex with my girlfriend anymore because we aren’t married, I can’t go drinking with my buddies on weekends; gotta go to church instead, I can’t flair up a joint after work and relax a little; I mean these are things many people don’t wanna have to give up but if they accept God’s gift they will have to! Maybe THAT’S why people are unwilling to accept this gift, because of the hidden costs and strings attached to accepting it; what do you think? Do you see any truth in that?

Ken

You get to do what you want to do, but what do you really want to do?

Do you want to be like God Himself?

Whatever you do is out a gratitude for what has already been done for you and not to “payback” or get something more (you have it since you have the Birthright that includes heaven).

The perceived pleasures of sin are a very strong incentive to not want Godly type Love (being unselfish). If you do not want to be unselfish than you would not be happy around God and heaven would be totally undesirable since it is one huge Love feast (this Love is only Godly type Love).

Upvote 0