Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are right! Allow me to restate. Making love to my girlfriend is a sin and it is not a selfish act.

Ken
Ken,

It is nothing but Self.

Otherwise you would heed God's command to abstain from fornication. God is love, and anything He commands is from a motivation of love.

"Our failure to love so lovable an Object as the God of love is that which chiefly renders us to blame and is the crime of crimes." - A. W. Pink

John 14:15
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

However, Self doesn't want this, for whatever reason: for selfish sexual desire or because Self will get along better or be more highly thought of if it has sex with the girlfriend.

One of the hidden sins of Self is desire for the approval of others (John 12:42-43).

God bless,
H.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ken,

It is nothing but Self.

Otherwise you would heed God's command to abstain from fornication. God is love, and anything He commands is from a motivation of love.

"Our failure to love so lovable an Object as the God of love is that which chiefly renders us to blame and is the crime of crimes." - A. W. Pink

John 14:15
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."

However, Self doesn't want this, for whatever reason: for selfish sexual desire or because Self will get along better or be more highly thought of if it has sex with the girlfriend.

One of the hidden sins of Self is desire for the approval of others (John 12:42-43).

God bless,
H.
How are you defining selfish? I define selfish as doing what is best for yourself even to the detrament of others. what I do with my girlfriend does not harm others, thus it is not selfish.

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well at least we have the statement out there, clearly. Who's gonna rebut this one?

Clearly it's still selfish in the sense of being done for pleasure, putting that over and above the revealed will of G-d, rather than surrendering that over to Him. Can we agree on that much?
The revealed will of G-d??? really? No! selfish is not the word I would use when one refuses to do as told; "disobedient" would be a more accurate word IMO

Ken

Upvote 0