Why not Nikki

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since we have a thread asking the question "Why Trump?" with some insights into the GOP voter's mind in that thread, I figured I'd ask the inverse of the queston to our Republican friends here at CF AmPo.

Why not Nikki Haley?

I can understand (sort of) the feeling of unfinished business Trump supporters have with him and Biden and maybe a sense of nostalgia for times before the pandemic and everything that's come since then, but I don't understand the outright rejection of who at least to me, is clearly the sharpest candidate in this race if we're just looking at the top 3.

So I ask you, Republicans of Christianforums... Tell me, why not Nikki Haley?
From what I'm getting is the Trump supporters are being fed lies about her. Last I heard she's really a Democrat, since Democrats aren't complaining about her. Like they do Trump. Who knows what lies, The Fox News channel are saying.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I'm getting is the Trump supporters are being fed lies about her. Last I heard she's really a Democrat, since Democrats aren't complaining about her. Like they do Trump. Who knows what lies, The Fox News channel are saying.
MAGA voters aren't going to vote for anyone but Trump no matter how conservative the challenger is.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this. It's not true but unfortunately its happening. She's a Rino, she's establishment, she's being financed by Democrats and the Deep State, and on and on. Heck they were even calling Ron De Santis a "Rino." before he dropped out.
I've heard it. Even though in 2016, conservative Democrats and some Independents crossed over to vote for Trump during the
primaries in states where they were allowed to, due to his appeal to the working class.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It looks like both of them count a bunch of financial firms and other large businesses as their biggest donors.
And now Trump flip-flopped on Tik Toc because a big donor has money involved in it. He's more corrupt than most.
Nobody knows what’s caused his shocking reversal, but a week ago Trump had a meeting with [Jeff Yass] an ultrawealthy hedge fund manager who has a multibillion-dollar stake in ByteDance, and could theoretically be a potential future donor. Trump is nothing if not transactional.

Trump has no friends. He has useful people and he has enemies. But no friends. Cease to be useful to him and one is yesterday's napkin.

Upvote 0