Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since we have a thread asking the question "Why Trump?" with some insights into the GOP voter's mind in that thread, I figured I'd ask the inverse of the queston to our Republican friends here at CF AmPo.

Why not Nikki Haley?

I can understand (sort of) the feeling of unfinished business Trump supporters have with him and Biden and maybe a sense of nostalgia for times before the pandemic and everything that's come since then, but I don't understand the outright rejection of who at least to me, is clearly the sharpest candidate in this race if we're just looking at the top 3.

So I ask you, Republicans of Christianforums... Tell me, why not Nikki Haley?

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't trust Nikki Haley.
Can you expand on this a bit? What, in your eyes makes her untrustworthy? How has she lost your trust, anything specific?

Her biggest donors throughout the pre-primary process has been the ruling establishment elite class.
Money in politics is always a big concern. Who are some of her big backers behind her campaign? I haven’t really looked into them as I hadn’t considered voting for her but it’s always good to know who’s funding who.

Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

GoldenBoy89 said:​

Why not Nikki Haley?
--------------------------------------------------------------

There is much support for Nikki Haley. See this article from last week “No Labels” Party is Looking at Haley – AGF Perspectives with very interesting insights how this could play out in the 2024 November General Election with Haley running as a No Labels candidate against Trump (R), Biden (D), and Robert Kennedy Jr. (I).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since we have a thread asking the question "Why Trump?" with some insights into the GOP voter's mind in that thread, I figured I'd ask the inverse of the queston to our Republican friends here at CF AmPo.

Why not Nikki Haley?

I can understand (sort of) the feeling of unfinished business Trump supporters have with him and Biden and maybe a sense of nostalgia for times before the pandemic and everything that's come since then, but I don't understand the outright rejection of who at least to me, is clearly the sharpest candidate in this race if we're just looking at the top 3.

So I ask you, Republicans of Christianforums... Tell me, why not Nikki Haley?
Should the primary election still be undecided by the time it reaches my state, I would vote for Haley over Trump. That said, my state is far enough along in the primary (for both parties) that in past elections by the time it reached here, the primary was either completely over or effectively over. So who I support really does not matter.

I will say that I, too, am puzzled by the Republican affection for Trump, a candidate who seems like he would be much weaker against Biden than Haley. I could understand it if the logic was that Trump, if he loses, could be angry enough to sabotage Haley (either by running as an independent or loudly declaring that none of his supporters should vote for her), but that's not the reasoning I've seen from people in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think the biggest concern Republicans have about her is that she is a neocon Warhawk, and fear that her foreign policy will drag us into World War 3.

She's also part of the establishment, who have a reputation among the base as being elitist and being pushovers. She may say she's a social conservative, but Republican voters fear she's gonna backpedal on abortion and other issues at the first sign of pushback.

These were the very things that led to the MAGA movement in the first place.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should the primary election still be undecided by the time it reaches my state, I would vote for Haley over Trump. That said, my state is far enough along in the primary (for both parties) that in past elections by the time it reached here, the primary was either completely over or effectively over. So who I support really does not matter.

I will say that I, too, am puzzled by the Republican affection for Trump, a candidate who seems like he would be much weaker against Biden than Haley. I could understand it if the logic was that Trump, if he loses, could be angry enough to sabotage Haley (either by running as an independent or loudly declaring that none of his supporters should vote for him), but that's not the reasoning I've seen from people in general.
I have hopes for her in Colorado. Ted Cruz beat Trump here in 2016 and conservatives here are pretty sick of show boaters like Boebert and Trump.
One-third of the voters here are registered unaffiliated and can vote in the primaries. Many, many lean right of center.

Question for Trump supporters.
If your neighbor had the same character as Trump would you vote for him for governor of your state? How about for a deacon in your church? Oh, he wouldn't be eligible to be a deacon in Christ's church.

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't trust Nikki Haley. Her biggest donors throughout the pre-primary process has been the ruling establishment elite class.
How is that any different than Trump?

It looks like both of them count a bunch of financial firms and other large businesses as their biggest donors.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And her name is Nimrata. She has been demonized for her name and heritage.
Funny how the few republicans with the courage to challenge Donald Trump are women. The men are weak and silently complicit in this Trump debacle. Women will likely need to head the republican party once Trump completes their demolition. They obviously are desperate for quality leadership.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How is that any different than Trump?

It looks like both of them count a bunch of financial firms and other large businesses as their biggest donors.
Its the "vibe" that counts, not the facts.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And her name is Nimrata. She has been demonized for her name and heritage.
Funny how the few republicans with the courage to challenge Donald Trump are women. The men are weak and silently complicit in this Trump debacle. Women will likely need to head the republican party once Trump completes their demolition. They obviously are desperate for quality leadership.
I'm confused by the claim the few Republicans with the courage to challenge Donald Trump are women. Except for Haley, all of the other people in the primary were men, even if we include the people who withdrew before the primaries started.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused by the claim the few Republicans with the courage to challenge Donald Trump are women. Except for Haley, all of the other people in the primary were men, even if we include the people who withdrew before the primaries started.

The few republicans willing to hold Donald accountable for his actions rather than excuse his behavior and continue to enable him seem to be women. I'm not talking about the primary. None of those men challenge Mr Trump as they continue to pledge fealty. Christie is the only one and he disqualified himself by enabling this Trump fiasco from the beginning. He waited far too long to call out Donald Trump for what he is, and it's way too late to influence Trump supporters now. I'm glad Chris finally speaks truthfully about Mr Trump now but he waited too long to make a difference. And he is only one man with little credibility at this point. The weakness of the party is to the detriment of all American society.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No promise of revenge for what conservative Christians have had to suffer in this country
Is Revenge a conservative Christian value?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What? With no down payment? Easy terms? Maybe we could even get you a MAGA hat you could wear to church.
*smacks roof*

What'll it take to get you to own these libs today?

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If she's still in the race by the time the primary reaches my state, I plan to vote for her. I am a conservative Republican, and she is the only pro-life candidate running that I would be happy to vote for.
I also did support De Santis, but he's out now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0