Nikki Haley beats Donald Trump in Washington DC for first primary victory; first woman ever to win a GOP primary for president

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Nikki Haley beats Donald Trump in Washington DC for first primary victory

The BBC's US partner CBS reports that Ms Haley will receive all 19 Republican delegates who were up for grabs in Washington DC, giving her 43 delegates nationwide - well behind Mr Trump's 247.

Ms Haley, a former US ambassador to the UN, won 62.9% of the vote, to Mr Trump's 33.2%.

Ms Haley's campaign national spokesperson Olivia Perez-Cubas said: "It's not surprising that Republicans closest to Washington dysfunction are rejecting Donald Trump and all his chaos".

The Trump Campaign, however, was quick to dismiss Ms Haley's win, calling her the "Queen of the Swamp".

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are Republicans really going to run Trump?
Yes. I’m not sure why people are pretending that anyone else was going to get the spot.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. I’m not sure why people are pretending that anyone else was going to get the spot.
Because Donald could still get bumped if he is convicted - at least, he should be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because Donald could still get bumped if he is convicted - at least, he should be.
Yeah, some doctors are saying he is having a certain medical condition where he cannot speak. ( imho God gagged).

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, some doctors are saying he is having a certain medical condition where he cannot speak. ( imho God gagged).
He speaks, but often incoherently. I'm not sure it matters though, as too many of his followers don't seem to notice or care.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...she also hinted that she is not obligated to support the GOP nominee for POTUS.
I think she is to the Republican party what Tulsi Gabbard is to the Democrat party. When my friends and I heard she won DC, there was a lot of eye rolling going on. Also, does DC have a "closed" primary? If that is the case, I'm sure a lot of democrats voted for her. After all, there was no reason to vote in the Democrat primary, really. There is no real contest there.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But Donald is the only one whose supporters would consider installing him as President by force if he doesn't get the votes.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He speaks, but often incoherently. I'm not sure it matters though, as too many of his followers don't seem to notice or care.
I saw your response and honestly assumed you were talking about Biden. But then I saw the post you were responding to. For the record, I think Democrats complaining about Trump's coherence should remember that old saying about glass houses and throwing stones. I will say this: Trumps mental capacity was tested. Still waiting for Biden's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Except that wouldn’t disqualify him legally.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I saw your response and honestly assumed you were talking about Biden. But then I saw the post you were responding to. For the record, I think Democrats complaining about Trump's coherence should remember that old saying about glass houses and throwing stones. I will say this: Trumps mental capacity was tested. Still waiting for Biden's.
He was allegedly tested in 2020 but it was never released. Four years is a long time for an elderly man who may be suffering from mental decline.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think she is to the Republican party what Tulsi Gabbard is to the Democrat party. When my friends and I heard she won DC, there was a lot of eye rolling going on. Also, does DC have a "closed" primary? If that is the case, I'm sure a lot of democrats voted for her. After all, there was no reason to vote in the Democrat primary, really. There is no real contest there.
She announced today that she is out.
“It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party, and beyond it, who did not support him,” she said. “And I hope he does that.” [she knows he won't...to the contrary, Trump demands MAGA purity].

But I agree somewhat. She stayed in to remind Republicans voters of who could have been their choice.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was allegedly tested in 2020 but it was never released. Four years is a long time for an elderly man who may be suffering from mental decline.
Yes, but whenever I see the word, "may", I always mentally insert the words, "or may not". But again, are you talking about Trump or Biden. Trump seems fine. Meanwhile, I saw Biden at the 2020 democrat debate and wondered what he was even doing there. He sounded like he'd lost it way back then. I was even telling my friend that the "old white guy" on stage didn't stand a chance against the other Democrat hopefuls. In hindsight, boy, was I wrong.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but whenever I see the word, "may", I always mentally insert the words, "or may not". But again, are you talking about Trump or Biden. Trump seems fine. Meanwhile, I saw Biden at the 2020 democrat debate and wondered what he was even doing there. He sounded like he'd lost it way back then. I was even telling my friend that the "old white guy" on stage didn't stand a chance against the other Democrat hopefuls. In hindsight, boy, was I wrong.
So what should Biden do? Brag about getting a cognitive test that we never get to see like Trump?

Upvote 0