Nikki Haley beats Donald Trump in Washington DC for first primary victory; first woman ever to win a GOP primary for president

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She announced today that she is out.
“It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party, and beyond it, who did not support him,” she said. “And I hope he does that.” [she knows he won't...to the contrary, Trump demands MAGA purity].

But I agree somewhat. She stayed in to remind Republicans voters of who could have been their choice.
And they responded with their votes.

People forget that elections are won in the middle. The comical part is that the voters in the middle are usually the most ignorant of the actual positions and track records of the candidates. Few people who fully understand the platforms, track records, and preferred policies of the candidates find themselves in the middle. And I don't think Trump demands "maga purity", though I do remember Biden saying, out loud, in front of God and everybody, "If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black". The racism in that remark is tangible.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw your response and honestly assumed you were talking about Biden. But then I saw the post you were responding to. For the record, I think Democrats complaining about Trump's coherence should remember that old saying about glass houses and throwing stones. I will say this: Trumps mental capacity was tested. Still waiting for Biden's.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never been a fan of those "lip synching to what someone else said" videos, except some of the really good ones. But they are pretty rare. And usually they are pretty funny.

But regarding those two vidoes, I have no problem with the way Trump is speaking for one simple reason: only a small part of communication is verbal. Hand gestures, facial expression, etc. Is important, unless someone is just using a script. Those videos only give the verbal part. The Biden ones give much, much more. ;)

One thing that impresses me about Trump is the sheer quantity of "off the cuff" speaking he does, and does pretty darned well. I've seen college kids get FAR more tongue tied when someone sticks a mic in their face. :cool:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
've never been a fan of those "lip synching to what someone else said" videos, except some of the really good ones. But they are pretty rare. And usually they are pretty funny.
Sarah Cooper is really good.
One thing that impresses me about Trump is the sheer quantity of "off the cuff" speaking he does, and does pretty darned well. I've seen college kids get FAR more tongue tied when someone sticks a mic in their face. :cool:
You're comparing someone with more than 50 years of professional public speaking with rank newbies? And you're impressed with the professional and disdainful of the inexperienced? Skewed expectations.

Donald runs on autopilot a lot these days. Unfortunately, he loses his place, confuses names and events, slurs and cycle/repeats like crazy in loops. He does keep the same peculiar intonations and cadences but the sense is terribly diminished.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

sprknjc

John 15:13
Feb 3, 2024
Northern Virginia outer suburbs
✟6,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lot of federal workers in the DMV (DC, MD and VA suburbs) who experience politics in their day to day work. Know people here, church, neighbors, friends, on both sides not supporting Trump or Biden. More interesting, west of DC VA suburb Fairfax County of 1.2 million stretching out to Dulles Airport, in Super Tuesday Republican primary voting last night, 57% for Haley and only 40% for Trump, and David Muir national news special report on Super Tuesday mentioned this five minutes into his 10pm show last night. If you live say 30-35 miles from DC, you are overdosed with federal TV news. In local news, FOX5 DC more balanced, though WJLA7 ABC quite left (90% of DC voted for Hillary and Biden) though more evenly split once get 20-30 miles out. Much gavel to gavel video coverage of impeachment hearings and where permitted political court cases live. As the federal government area's largest employer, much interest in federal news from TV or otherwise from those you come in contact with whether you like it or not. Given this, some people here, both Democrats sick of Biden and Republicans sick of Trump. Knowing from relatives out of state, their coverage of federal politics in their local news not as much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, that would be Biden...
Biden stutters but Donald routinely gets simple names wrong and speaks in loops. If Donald stays out of prison it will be because of senility. His father had dementia and it appears he does as well.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He speaks, but often incoherently.
Biden stutters but Donald routinely gets simple names wrong and speaks in loops. If Donald stays out of prison it will be because of senility. His father had dementia and it appears he does as well.
Stutters lol? Biden forgets what he is even talking about and wanders around trying to shake hands with someone who isn't there lol! He is an embarrassment and appears weak. Not a good look...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald John slurs his words, repeats endlessly and gets names wrong (Haley-Pelosi, Obama-Biden, Mercedes-Melanie).

Stutters lol? Biden forgets what he is even talking about and wanders around trying to shake hands with someone who isn't there lol! He is an embarrassment and appears weak. Not a good look...
Yes, Biden stutters - it's true - BUT he can drink a glass of water with only one hand. Donald John loops endlessly and never, ever, ever admits to making a mistake or taking any accountability. He lies constantly (during his WH term, approximately 5 times a day on camera, >30 thousand documented non-truths and misinformation.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He lies constantly (during his WH term, approximately 5 times a day on camera, >30 thousand documented non-truths and misinformation.)
Well we heard enough lies last night....special counsel Robert Hur described Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory". He wanders off during ceremonies and mumbles incoherently.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well we heard enough lies last night....special counsel Robert Hur described Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory". He wanders off during ceremonies and mumbles incoherently.
Obviously you missed the speech if you think he wandered off or mumbled. His speech passed fact checking for the most part. Donald rarely passes fact checking, he lies constantly and he tried to stay on after he lost the election. He knew he lost because everyone (except Chesebro) told him so. Donald needs both hands to drink a glass of water (not all the time, but a few times on camera).

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obviously you missed the speech if you think he wandered off or mumbled. His speech passed fact checking for the most part. Donald rarely passes fact checking, he lies constantly and he tried to stay on after he lost the election. He knew he lost because everyone (except Chesebro) told him so. Donald needs both hands to drink a glass of water (not all the time, but a few times on camera).
The one thing that most concerned me about his speech has nothing to do with his apparent mental condition. It was the first part of the speech. If I did not trust in the Lord, the first few minutes of that speech would have scared me to death. It plays into my belief that we just may be in WWIII by the end of this year. It was, frankly, shocking. Let us see how this year goes.

As I've said for almost two years, 2024 is going to be one for the history books, like 1939. And 2025 will be more so, like 1940-1945. And I'm talking about the international situation, not just the US.

And to amplify the US part, as we watch the sides unfold their strategies politically, what do you think the losing side will do in November (whichever side loses)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've said for at least five years that the three primary argument tools of the left are:
1. Ad hominem attack
2. projection
3. Deflection

And I added a fourth one last year:
4. Gaslighting.

And it's why Sky news has a "Lefties losing it" series and a lot of conservative sites have tons of similar type videos, while the left has little or no examples of the same thing happening in reverse. It's laughable. Well, it would be if it wasn't so serious.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And it's why Sky news has a "Lefties losing it" series and a lot of conservative sites have tons of similar type videos, while the left has little or no examples of the same thing happening in reverse.
Maybe that's because that isn't newsworthy. Not that there are no examples.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've said for at least five years that the three primary argument tools of the left are:

And I added a fourth one last year:
4. Gaslighting.
Biden is the gaslighter in chief lol

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Obviously you missed the speech if you think he wandered off or mumbled. His speech passed fact checking for the most part.
Well he did mumble and he called Laken Riley...Lincoln Riley. No, almost nothing he said passed fact checks.

Upvote 0