Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

Ladyblueeyes

Christian warrior
Mar 3, 2012
Southwest USA
✟349.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
At the resurrection of the dead.

Yes, the dead are resurrected and the living (in Christ) never die.

What moment in time does that occur? When does Christ resurrect the dead (in Christ) and give the living (in Christ) immortality?

John 14:
In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

He said he was going to the Father's house to prepare a place for us and will come again to receive us to himself.

Jesus went to heaven. He said He would prepare a place for us there and come again to receive us to Himself.

Who is Jesus preparing a place for in heaven, in "the Father's House"?? He said He would come again and receive us to Himself after He goes there and prepares a place for us. The believers are who Jesus is preparing a place in heaven for and who He will be receiving unto Himself when He comes again.

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ladyblueeyes said:
Fear of muslims??? - No.

Understanding of Islamic teachings, words and actions - yes.

Turn on your tv and take a look at what muslims are doing in the middle east right now. They do those things because that is what Islam teaches them.

We don't want that hatred and violence here.

To learn about Islam the first step is turning OFF your TV.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reply by Tscott
I'm with Steve-QUIT FEAR MONGERING!

Look, our Bible has some pretty awful stuff in it and some of our early Christian Fathers wrote some pretty awful stuff. Over the millennia these writings have been used many times as justification for killing people. Even in recent history Christians used scripture to help rationalize the murder of millions of Jews in WWII.

My neighbors down the street are Muslims, their family has been in the US since the late nineteenth c. The got a brick through the window of their shop in 9/12/2001. Another friend of mine who looks Arabic had a tshirt made that said "I'm a Mexican" because he was being harassed by pinheads who were also guilty of fear mongering post 911.

Their is no excuse for it and you should stop it. It's bigotry and it's ugly.

Did you read the question the OP asked in this thread?
It appears that you did not so I am going to reprint it below:

Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

I gave an answer with some facts and you come up with a few statements that do not relate to the question at all. Furthermore you make some judgments that is only your opinion with no facts or references

Your statement that my post is “bigotry” has no substance.
If you have credible sources that dispute the facts that I posted then post them. If you do not post any then that will prove that you make judgments without facts.

I posted facts that show that thousands have died due to radical extremist Muslims. You call me a bigot because some knuckleheads threw a brick threw the window of a Muslim shop and a Hispanic had to buy a shirt that said “I am Mexican” Your post has no relation at all to the facts of my post but that did not stop you from making a judgment statement that have no basis.

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
[/INDENT]Accepting the peaceful, metaphorical version of Jihad while ignoring the literal, violent version is also cherry-picking.

And why should that be problematic? Religions "cherry-pick" all the time. They decide on whether Genesis is literal or metaphorical. They decide on whether jihad means armed conflict or spiritual conflict. They decide on which verses of the Bible still "apply" and which only refer to the people living at the time. The entire enterprise of religion is an act of cherry-picking what one "believes".

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Museveni said:
Atheist always have taken the brunt of these things throughout history. Even got both the Jews and Africans beat on this really.
Don't kid yourself. Atheists haven't faced anywhere near the same level of oppression Jews and black people have.

SmellsLikeCurlyFries said:
Actually, it was Eisenhower, a Republican, that started the "knocking off" of leaders that help push the Middle East into radical extremism.

In fact, President Bush was especially famous for it.
The leaders of the Middle East they removed were often dictators. Some of the people even ask foreign countries for aid. The real problems are that:

a) Many of these dictators were originally put there Western countries, so there's the guilt factor.

b) Outside countries are reluctant to interfer with their "independance" - even though dictatorships deny the people their freedom and often treat them terribly.

c) When a dictatorship is toppled, the majority of the time a new and even more brutal regime takes it's place. This is usually because they fail to install a new, more democratic government. Once the old dictator is gone the foreign army simply leaves, and the country is often left in anarchy. This is currently what's happening in Libya.

America didn't "push" the Middle East into extremism, but they haven't made it much better. Britain sadly has a similar history when it comes to African dictators.

Upvote 0
H

HakeemSupreme

Don't kid yourself. Atheists haven't faced anywhere near the same level of oppression Jews and black people have.

The leaders of the Middle East they removed were often dictators. Some of the people even ask foreign countries for aid. The real problems are that:

a) Many of these dictators were originally put there Western countries, so there's the guilt factor.

b) Outside countries are reluctant to interfer with their "independance" - even though dictatorships deny the people their freedom and often treat them terribly.

c) When a dictatorship is toppled, the majority of the time a new and even more brutal regime takes it's place. This is usually because they fail to install a new, more democratic government. Once the old dictator is gone the foreign army simply leaves, and the country is often left in anarchy. This is currently what's happening in Libya.

America didn't "push" the Middle East into extremism, but they haven't made it much better. Britain sadly has a similar history when it comes to African dictators.

1. That isn't Anarchy.
2. Yes they did push the Middle East to religious extremism - maybe you missed the part where we destroyed pan-Arab Nationalism when it was the threat.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
[You call me a bigot because some knuckleheads threw a brick threw the window of a Muslim shop and a Hispanic had to buy a shirt that said “I am Mexican” Your post has no relation at all to the facts of my post but that did not stop you from making a judgment statement that have no basis.

Calm down. I didn't call you a bigot, I said that what you are doing is bigotry. Whether you are a bigot or not I don't know. You ARE flying off at the handle-first of all you don't appear to know what bigotry is. One thing it is, is being completely devoted to your opinion-I suppose we are all guilty of that from time to time. But more pertinent here is the fact that you are implying that all Muslims are responsible for this terrorism. Before you say "I didn't imply that!" You did by responding to the question in the OP which you went out of your way telling me that is what you are doing. The question in the OP implies bigotry and I already gave you examples as to why.

Here is a fact for you. There are over a billion Muslims on this planet and a VAST majority of them live their lives peacefully and never harm anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
HakeemSupreme said:
1. That isn't Anarchy.
2. Yes they did push the Middle East to religious extremism - maybe you missed the part where we destroyed pan-Arab Nationalism when it was the threat.
I didn't mean literal anarchy - I meant chaos and disorder. The pan-Arab nationalism movement was eventually toppled by the Arab Federation (a royalist movement), not the USA.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by sdmsanjose
[You call me a bigot because some knuckleheads threw a brick threw the window of a Muslim shop and a Hispanic had to buy a shirt that said “I am Mexican” Your post has no relation at all to the facts of my post but that did not stop you from making a judgment statement that have no basis.

Reply by Tscott
Calm down. I didn't call you a bigot, I said that what you are doing is bigotry. Whether you are a bigot or not I don't know. You ARE flying off at the handle-first of all you don't appear to know what bigotry is. One thing it is, is being completely devoted to your opinion-I suppose we are all guilty of that from time to time. But more pertinent here is the fact that you are implying that all Muslims are responsible for this terrorism. Before you say "I didn't imply that!" You did by responding to the question in the OP which you went out of your way telling me that is what you are doing. The question in the OP implies bigotry and I already gave you examples as to why.

Here is a fact for you. There are over a billion Muslims on this planet and a VAST majority of them live their lives peacefully and never harm anyone.

If you are not going to read my posts or you are going to make statements that are not true about me then would you consider not responding to my posts?

You said
more pertinent here is the fact that you are implying that ALL Muslims are responsible for this terrorism

Here is exactly what I d said reprinted below and it proves your statements false

Post 512
Although there are a significant number of Muslims that are not in agreement with the bin Laden positions, we are concerned about those that do agree with bin Laden.

If you read my post you can not miss that I did not imply that ALL Muslims are respnsible for terrorism. Why do you make such statements?

I posted facts from a reliable source and you respond with

"Their is no excuse for it and you should stop it. It's bigotry and it's ugly."

I then asked you to
“…If you have credible sources that dispute the facts that I posted then post them.”

You have posted nothing to dispute the facts that I posted. If you have nothing, just say I have nothing instead of telling me to stop the ugly bigotry which has no relevance to my post.

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
sdmsanjose said:
If you are not going to read my posts or you are going to make statements that are not true about me then would you consider not responding to my posts?

You said
more pertinent here is the fact that you are implying that ALL Muslims are responsible for this terrorism

Here is exactly what I d said reprinted below and it proves your statements false

If you read my post you can not miss that I did not imply that ALL Muslims are respnsible for terrorism. Why do you make such statements?

I posted facts from a reliable source and you respond with

I then asked you to
"...If you have credible sources that dispute the facts that I posted then post them."

You have posted nothing to dispute the facts that I posted. If you have nothing, just say I have nothing instead of telling me to stop the ugly bigotry which has no relevance to my post.

Nevertheless, it is in bad taste to cut and paste a lengthy quotation from such an enemy of peace and to give the ideas yet another opportunity to be expressed.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
What Steve said.

San Jose, regardless of your disclaimer, what you are doing is indicting a religion. You can say you are not, but that is exactly what you are doing. As I told you upthread, people could mine hundreds of violent scripture from the Holy Bible as well.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

What Steve said.

San Jose, regardless of your disclaimer, what you are doing is indicting a religion. You can say you are not, but that is exactly what you are doing. As I told you upthread, people could mine hundreds of violent scripture from the Holy Bible as well.
Comparing the two, Christianity and Islam isn't a defense of Islam, it just condemns Islam because Islam is the opposite of Christianity. But all you have done to defend Islam is to point to other bad behavior. As for the violence in the bible, none of it is open-ended such as kill the unbelievers, the people of the book, etc. it referes to God's enemies by name and for that time. It doesn't call Jews, pigs and apes. Islam does. So weak is your position that you cannot defend Islam by Islam.

Islam isn't even a religion. Islam is a geo-political ideolgy that only took-off once the political aspect of it was implimented when Muhammad went to Medina and he showed his true demonic side.

If you compare Muhammad to Jesus(whom I follow), it's even more striking.

Jesus was tempted by Satan with worldly things, which he rejected while he was quoting scripture. Worldy things is just what Muhammad used to entice him followers, never ending war booty, sex, power and money. His "paradise" is described as just the same with rivers of wine to boot.

My heaven is being in the presence of God, not things.

Daniel did warn us about such a man:

"36 The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say uheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is complete, for what has been determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the gods of his forefathers or for the one desired by woman, nor will he show any regard for any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38 Instead of them he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with stones and costly gifts.39 He will attack the mightiest fortresses; with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknoledge him."-Daniel 11:36-39

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Comparing the two, Christianity and Islam isn't a defense of Islam, it just condemns Islam because Islam is the opposite of Christianity. But all you have done to defend Islam is to point to other bad behavior. As for the violence in the bible, none of it is open-ended such as kill the unbelievers, the people of the book, etc. it referes to God's enemies by name and for that time. It doesn't call Jews, pigs and apes. Islam does. So weak is your position that you cannot defend Islam by Islam.

Islam isn't even a religion. Islam is a geo-political ideolgy that only took-off once the political aspect of it was implimented when Muhammad went to Medina and he showed his true demonic side.

Jesus was tempted by Satan with worldly things, which he rejected while he was quoting scripture. Worldy things is just what Muhammad used to entice him followers, never ending war booty, sex, power and money. His "paradise" is described as just the same with rivers of wine to boot.

"36 The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say uheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is complete, for what has been determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the gods of his forefathers or for the one desired by woman, nor will he show any regard for any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38 Instead of them he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with stones and costly gifts.39 He will attack the mightiest fortresses; with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknoledge him."-Daniel 11:36-39

Defend Islam against what? Your interpretation of their scriptures? An interpretation that happens to align perfectly with that of radical jihadists?

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat

Yeah, you know I was wondering how long it would take for you to show up with one of your famous strawmen.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Sound like Bush I and II LOL^_^

Upvote 0