Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is "we"???

The entirety of Western civilization.

The muslims in the middle east are moving toward an Islamic Caliphate and are knocking off dictators right and left in preparation for that "blessed event". (With obama's help, of course)

Actually, it was Eisenhower, a Republican, that started the "knocking off" of leaders that help push the Middle East into radical extremism.

In fact, President Bush was especially famous for it.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Who is "we"???

The muslims in the middle east are moving toward an Islamic Caliphate and are knocking off dictators right and left in preparation for that "blessed event". (With obama's help, of course)

They want a global Islamic caliphate. That is the stated Islamic goal and they are actively pursuing it in the middle east through bloodshed and violence.

If those 1.2 to 1.8 billion muslim should all unite under one ruler, God help us all.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
If you cannot stand facts and reality then don’t read the facts.

You offer no information or facts but try to shift the truth by trying to use accusations of fear mongering.

I am listing just a few more fact below but it is not for you as you have your bias; the fact below are for those that live in reality.

The September 11 attacks (also referred to as September 11, September 11th or 9/11)[nb 1] were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks upon the United States in New York City and the Washington, D.C. areas on September 11, 2001. On that Tuesday morning, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group Al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets.
KILLED 2982

Pan Am Flight 103 was Pan American World Airways' third daily scheduled transatlantic flight from London Heathrow Airport to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport. On Wednesday, 21 December 1988, the aircraft flying this route — a Boeing 747–121 registered N739PA and named “Clipper Maid of the Seas” — was destroyed by a bomb, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members.[2] Eleven people in Lockerbie, in southern Scotland, were also killed as large sections of the plane fell in the town and destroyed several houses, bringing total fatalities to 270. As a result, the event is also known as the Lockerbie bombing. During the 2011 Libyan civil war a former government official claimed that Muammar Gaddafi had personally ordered the attack.[3

The 1998 United States embassy bombings were a series of attacks that occurred on August 7, 1998, in which hundreds of people were killed in simultaneous truck bomb explosions at the United States embassies in the East African capitals of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya. The date of the bombings marked the eighth anniversary of the arrival of American forces in Saudi Arabia.[1] The attacks were linked to local members of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, brought Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri to the attention of the American public for the first time, and resulted in the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation placing bin Laden on its Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. Fazul Abdullah Mohammed would be credited for being the mastermind being the bombings.[

The 2002 Bali bombings occurred on 12 October 2002 in the tourist district of Kuta on the Indonesian island of Bali. The attack was claimed as the deadliest act of terrorism in the history of Indonesia according to the current police general, killing 202 people, (including 88 Australians, and 38 Indonesian citizens).[1] A further 240 people were injured.
The attack involved the detonation of three bombs: a backpack-mounted device carried by a suicide bomber; a large car bomb, both of which were detonated in or near popular nightclubs in Kuta; and a third much smaller device detonated outside the United States consulate in Denpasar, causing only minor damage.Various members of Jemaah Islamiyah, a violent Islamist group, were convicted in relation to the bombings

The Madrid train bombings were nearly simultaneous, coordinated bombings against the Cercanías (commuter train) system of Madrid, Spain on the morning of 11 March 2004 -- three days before Spain's general elections. The explosions killed 191 people and wounded 1,800.[1] The official investigation by the Spanish Judiciary determined the attacks were directed by an al-Qaeda-inspired terrorist cell,[2][3] although no direct al-Qaeda participation (only "inspiration"[4][5][6]) has been established.[7][8][9] Though they had no role in the planning or implementation, the Spanish miners who sold the

The 7 July 2005 London bombings (often referred to as 7/7) were a series of co-ordinated suicide attacks in London which targeted civilians using the public transport system during the morning rush hour.On the morning of Thursday, 7 July 2005, four Islamist home-grown terrorists detonated four bombs, three in quick succession aboard London Underground trains across the city and, later, a fourth on a double-decker bus in Tavistock Square. Fifty-two people, as well as the four bombers, were killed in the attacks, and over 700 more were injured.
I'm with Steve-QUIT FEAR MONGERING!

Look, our Bible has some pretty awful stuff in it and some of our early Christian Fathers wrote some pretty awful stuff. Over the millennia these writings have been used many times as justification for killing people. Even in recent history Christians used scripture to help rationalize the murder of millions of Jews in WWII.

My neighbors down the street are Muslims, their family has been in the US since the late nineteenth c. The got a brick through the window of their shop in 9/12/2001. Another friend of mine who looks Arabic had a tshirt made that said "I'm a Mexican" because he was being harassed by pinheads who were also guilty of fear mongering post 911.

Their is no excuse for it and you should stop it. It's bigotry and it's ugly.

Upvote 0

Ladyblueeyes

Christian warrior
Mar 3, 2012
Southwest USA
✟349.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
If those 1.2 to 1.8 billion muslim should all unite under one ruler, God help us all.

Yep!

Personally, I don't think it'll happen until the church is removed and God allows the immoral/godless/devil worshippers to run things for awhile. They'll get what they are pushing for now - a world without Bible-believers. (aka "bible-thumpers" in antichristian circles, "infidels" in muslim circles)

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep!

Personally, I don't think it'll happen until the church is removed and God allows the immoral/godless/devil worshippers to run things for awhile. They'll get what they are pushing for now - a world without Bible-believers. (aka "bible-thumpers" in antichristian circles, "infidels" in muslim circles)

I will be LAUGHING when this removal of the church never happens and you're left blinking like turkeys in the rain.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yep!

2Th 2:1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,
2Th 2:2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
2Th 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
2Th 2:4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
2Th 2:5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming.
2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders,
2Th 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
2Th 2:11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
2Th 2:12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ladyblueeyes

Christian warrior
Mar 3, 2012
Southwest USA
✟349.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I will be LAUGHING when this removal of the church never happens and you're left blinking like turkeys in the rain.

God said it would happen, so it will happen.

Sadly, those remaining will be in grief, despair and utter fear and will likely lose their lives - some for eternity.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
God said it would happen, so it will happen.

No, theologians that take vague verses wildly out of context said it will happen. G-d said no such thing. In fact, He said the opposite. He said that y'all were going to go through hell just like the rest of us.

Sadly, those remaining will be in grief, despair and utter fear and will likely lose their lives - some for eternity.

Sounds like every day life to me. What's the big change?

Upvote 0

Ladyblueeyes

Christian warrior
Mar 3, 2012
Southwest USA
✟349.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
No, theologians that take vague verses wildly out of context said it will happen. G-d said no such thing. In fact, He said the opposite. He said that y'all were going to go through hell just like the rest of us.

Sounds like every day life to me. What's the big change?

No, God said it in his Word. If a person reads the Bible, then they are no longer ignorant of what God has said.

I have read the Bible and I know what God said - AND I believe Him.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No, God said it in his Word. If a person reads the Bible, then they are no longer ignorant of what God has said.

I have read the Bible and I know what God said - AND I believe Him.

Guess what?

I've read the Bible too - front to back, many, MANY times, to the point where I can quote it verbatim without reading it.

So trust me when I say I KNOW what the Bible says - and the rapture ain't anywhere in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Guess what?

I've read the Bible too - front to back, many, MANY times, to the point where I can quote it verbatim without reading it.

So trust me when I say I KNOW what the Bible says - and the rapture ain't anywhere in it.

The rapture:

1Th 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
1Th 4:15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The rapture:

1Th 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
1Th 4:15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

You just posted verses about the second coming of Jesus, but it isn't this "rapture" that Evangelicals jizz their pants over. You know, the one that makes them giddy over 7 years of utter torture and hell on earth for everybody stuck here after your lot floats up above?

Try again.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You just posted verses about the second coming of Jesus, but it isn't this "rapture" that Evangelicals jizz their pants over. You know, the one that makes them giddy over 7 years of utter torture and hell on earth for everybody stuck here after your lot floats up above?

Try again.

I respectfully disagree. Here is J Vernon McGee's commentary from the Thru the Bible Series:

1Th 4:13
THE COMING OF CHRIST IS A COMFORTING HOPE
We come now to the next section of this epistle, a section which has been labeled one of the most important prophetic passages in the Scriptures. It teaches the imminent and impending coming of Christ for His church. That does not mean the immediate or soon coming of Christ. Paul never uses an expression like that. He did not want people to assume it would be in their own lifetime or shortly afterward. It has been more than nineteen hundred years now. But when we say that the coming of Christ is imminent, we mean that it is approaching or that it is the next event on the agenda of God's program.
Let me illustrate my point. One time when Mrs. McGee and I flew to Florida on a new DC-10 from the Los Angeles International Airport, we had a friendly captain who began to talk to us soon after our flight had begun: "The weather is lovely here in Southern California as you can see. The weather in Miami, Florida, is also very good, and we expect it to be nice when we arrive there. We fly over Texas, and of course nobody knows what the weather will be there, but we should have a good flight today. Our next stop is Miami." Now there was not a single passenger who jumped up, grabbed his luggage, and rushed for the door because the captain had said, "Our next stop is Miami." That stop was imminent. In other words, we would not make any other stop before that one. It would be five hours before we would arrive at Miami, but we were prepared for that stop because it was imminent—it was the next stop.
The difference between waiting for the stop at Miami and waiting for the coming of Christ for His church is that we knew that Miami was five hours away. We don't know how far away the coming of Christ is. It could be five hours or five days or five weeks or five months or five years or five hundred years. We simply do not know. Still, it is imminent; it is the next event.
Paul makes it very clear that he believed in the imminent return of Christ. In verse 1Th_4:15 of this chapter he says, "We which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord." Paul believed that the Lord Jesus could come in his lifetime. He did not say or believe that He would come in his lifetime, but he said that He could come. This was the attitude he expressed as he wrote to Titus: "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Tit_2:13).
There are those who accuse Paul of changing his position on the imminent coming of Christ as he himself grew older. Remember that this epistle to the Thessalonians was his earliest letter. Did Paul change his theology? When he wrote to the Philippians he was an old man, a prisoner in Rome, and he said: "For our conversation [citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Php_3:20). Paul, at the end of his life, was still looking for Him. In other words, Christ's coming was imminent.
Paul labeled this coming of Christ for His church, when we are to be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, the rapture of the church. There are those today who hold a different viewpoint. They say the Bible does not teach the Rapture and that one cannot find that word in the New Testament. I insist that it is there. It is found in this chapter in verse 1Th_4:17: "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." The Greek word translated as "caught up" is harpazo. It means "to catch up or grasp hastily, to snatch up, to lift, to transport, or to rapture." Rapture is just as good a word as caught up. It is a matter of semantics, whichever word you choose to use. The fact is that the Bible teaches that believers in Christ are to be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Paul taught the rapture of the church. Now if you would like, you could say you believe in the harpazo—that's the original Greek word, and it means "rapture" and it means "caught up." Nonetheless, the point is that the rapture of the church can take place at any moment; it is the next happening in the program of God.
Now I want to make a very startling statement about this passage of Scripture. Actually, the primary consideration here is not the Rapture. The precise question Paul is answering is: What about believers who have died before the Rapture has taken place?
We need to review the background of this epistle in order to understand why this question was so important to the Thessalonian believers. Paul went to Thessalonica on his second missionary journey. "… three sabbath days [he] reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Act_17:2). That means that Paul was there less than a month. In that month's time, he performed a herculean task. He did the work of a missionary. He preached the gospel, converts were made, and he established a church. Then he taught these new believers the great truths of the Christian faith. It is interesting that he even taught them of the rapture of the church.
When I was a young preacher in a denomination, they didn't have much to say about prophecy. Very candidly, I don't think the ministers knew very much about it. They would give an excuse, saying, "You shouldn't preach on that. That is deep truth and should be given to mature saints. It shouldn't be given to new believers." Well, it's too bad that Paul didn't know that, because he hadn't been with the Thessalonians for a complete month and yet he was teaching them prophecy. In fact, when we get to the second epistle we will find that he taught them about the Great Tribulation and the Man of Sin, the Antichrist who is to come. Paul ran the whole gamut of prophecy for these Thessalonians. It is nonsense to say this is not to be given to new believers. It is to be taught to them, and Paul is the demonstration of that.
It is clear that Paul taught the Thessalonians that the rapture of the church might occur at any moment, that it was imminent. Then Paul left Thessalonica; he went to Berea, established a church and was there for some time. Then he took a ship and went over to Athens. We don't know how long he was there either. He was waiting for Timothy and Silas to bring word from Thessalonica. They didn't come, and he went on down to Corinth. After he was there for awhile, Timothy and Silas came. They came with questions from the Thessalonians to ask of Paul. So Paul wrote 1 Thessalonians to encourage them and to answer their specific questions with regard to the rapture of the church. During this unknown interval of time after Paul had left them, some of the saints in Thessalonica had died. A question arose in the minds of the believers. Had they missed the Rapture?
Obviously Paul had taught them the imminent coming of Christ, or this question would not be pertinent at all. Paul had told them that the Lord Jesus might come at any moment. These saints had died, and the Lord hadn't come—had they missed the Rapture? What would happen to them? Paul gives the answer to this question in this epistle.
To us the question the Thessalonians had is not meaningful in the same way as it was to them. That is because you and I live nineteen hundred years this side of 1 Thessalonians, and literally millions of believers have already gone down through the doorway of death. Therefore, most of the church has already gone ahead, and a small minority remains in the world.
Paul had taught the Thessalonians that the coming of Christ was imminent, and this is still what we believe today. Between where we are right this moment and the coming of Christ for the church it is tissue-thin, which means it could happen any moment—even before you finish reading this page—or the coming of Christ could be way down yonder in the future.

Upvote 0

Ladyblueeyes

Christian warrior
Mar 3, 2012
Southwest USA
✟349.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Guess what?

Jesus said in John 11:25,

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? "

Jesus said that those who die (as believers) will live again and those who live (as believers) will never die. At what moment in time do those who LIVE and believe in Him, never die?

You say you've read the Bible, so at what moment in time do those who are living (believers) never die.

Upvote 0