United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s here, you just need to look.

A campground named Kool Kuntry Kamping is my faveorate.

hate-map.png

I was kind of operating off of these kind of statistics.

There's no doubt that every state is going to have some levels of hate, but there are concentrations where it appears to be at it's worst (one particular pocket in the southeast where there seems to be a lot of it all bunched together...

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
In case no one else has pointed this out: Michelle Alexander is criticizing Clinton from the left. She's not saying we should vote for Republicans instead of Hillary (lol); she's saying you should vote for Bernie Sanders.
Yes, that is the point. Too bad the black community cares little for Sanders.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Absolutely false. Where do you come up with this stuff?
I linked you the research! Meanwhile, you didn't back up your (measurably false) claim with anything. What do you mean "Where do you come up with this stuff"?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I linked you the research! Meanwhile, you didn't back up your (measurably false) claim with anything. What do you mean "Where do you come up with this stuff"?

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that a record 12,202,000 black Americans are not a part of the labor force. That means individuals who are unemployed but have also stopped looking for work. Only 61% of the black American population is participating, signaling a major economic crisis that isn’t being addressed.

There are just under 42 million black Americans in the United States. With more than 12 million out of work, that means 29% of black Americans are unemployed. The youngest are the hardest hit, with only 29.1% of blacks between the ages of 16 to 19 participating in the labor force.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I know this was directed for the other poster, but I posted this earlier...

ihtyeh9pc06a3rsvdd98ta.png

He still is viewed as more favorable than unfavorable...but nowhere to the degree that Hillary Clinton is...

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I could not care less what he covered. Him saying so does not make it true.

What does racism in Michigan have to do with a reason why Clinton does not deserve the black vote? Does she own Kool Kuntry Kamping?

Well, my initial post had nothing to do with Clinton, it was a reply to miniverchivi about my personal experiences in Michigan, so I guess they never happened. Have a great day!

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I know this was directed for the other poster, but I posted this earlier...

ihtyeh9pc06a3rsvdd98ta.png

He still is viewed as more favorable than unfavorable...but nowhere to the degree that Hillary Clinton is...
Too bad that's an old chart, and it might seem that as his name recognition has improved since then that we can ignore this post. I want to know about the present.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Too bad that's an old chart, and it might seem that as his name recognition has improved since then that we can ignore this post. I want to know about the present.

Here's something more recent.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/261551-clinton-seeks-to-solidify-african-american-support
(from the end of November)

Clinton has a big lead over Sanders with black Democratic voters, and her team is determined to lock up the demographic in order to shorten the Democratic primary.

“I just don’t know how you close that gap,” said Rick Wade, the former senior adviser and national director of the African-American vote for Barack Obama’s campaign, who is unaffiliated in this race.

“I’m not saying it can’t be done … but without a major hiccup or issue with Hillary, I don’t know what the thing is that Bernie can do that so distinguishes him that mass numbers of African-Americans are going to move to his side.”

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that you are all missing the point.
American Democracy is a sham. The Democrats and Republicans are the two sides of the same coin.
Both serve the moneyed interests that have been sucking the life and prosperity from this nation for decades.
We live in a fascist oligarchy. It makes no difference whatsoever who you "vote" for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, that is the point. Too bad the black community cares little for Sanders.
Wellll the vast majority of black people actually like Sanders. Black Democrats (who basically have the same political views as black people in general) think Sanders would be a good President by over four-to-one, and overwhelmingly agree with almost all of his views: 80% of blacks support a $15 minimum wage, 89% support universal pre-K, 88% support free college, 82% support spending more on infrastructure, 85% support automatic voter registration, 90% support universalizing paid maternity leave and paid sick leave, 63% are against the death penalty, 98% support universalizing paid vacation, 93% support stricter environmental regulations, 65% support a new equal pay law for women, 92% support expanding Social Security, 94% support police body cameras, 80% are against mandatory minimums, 65% want to end mass incarceration, 73% support a pathway to citizenship, and 95% support universal healthcare (with 82% supporting Medicare-for-All specifically).

So they like Bernie Sanders, they just like Hillary more. The biggest reason is probably that most black people doubt he can win the general election, and would rather chew through their own feet than help elect a Republican.

There are other reasons, of course: Hillary is perceived as much more knowledgeable and experienced about foreign affairs, for example, and she didn't just start paying attention to racial issues a few months ago. Sanders also has a "doom and gloom" view of the current state of America that most black people think is histrionic. Teenage pregnancy is at an all-time low. Violent crime is at a 40-year-low, and it's more than halved in the last 20 years. Abortion is at a 30-year low. Life expectancy is at an all-time high. Education levels are at record highs. The unemployment rate is below five percent. Things have improved so much after eight years of Obama, a lot of black people don't think "We need an immediate overhaul of the system!" They think, "If we could get eight more years like the eight years we've just had, that would be alright." And after seeing how much bizarrely irrational hatred Obama still gets for being a gradualist moderate liberal, most black people probably aren't confident that Sanders can get a social democratic agenda done in a country with a large right wing that thinks social democracy is the same as Communism. That's all my guess though; maybe most black people prefer Hillary for completely different reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Well, my initial post had nothing to do with Clinton, it was a reply to miniverchivi about my personal experiences in Michigan, so I guess they never happened. Have a great day!
Why did you say they happened and now they don't? I simply asked for a few examples, and got nothing.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Here's something more recent.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/261551-clinton-seeks-to-solidify-african-american-support
(from the end of November)

Clinton has a big lead over Sanders with black Democratic voters, and her team is determined to lock up the demographic in order to shorten the Democratic primary.

“I just don’t know how you close that gap,” said Rick Wade, the former senior adviser and national director of the African-American vote for Barack Obama’s campaign, who is unaffiliated in this race.

“I’m not saying it can’t be done … but without a major hiccup or issue with Hillary, I don’t know what the thing is that Bernie can do that so distinguishes him that mass numbers of African-Americans are going to move to his side.”
I'll just point to pakicetus' post here.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and overwhelmingly agree with almost all of his views:

It's important to keep in mind, supporting view is different than supporting a party or candidate...

Interesting data (and I'll provide links below to cite them)
Public Policy Polling projected 60-65% of African-Americans would vote in favor of the ban on Same Sex Marriage.
55% of African Americans are pro-life.
68% of African Americans support strict enforcement of immigration laws and feel that immigration is too high.

Gay marriage: Black voters remain divided - Joseph Williams - POLITICO.com
Poll Shows Black Pro-Life Voters Still Largely Support Pro-Abortion Candidates
An Examination of Minority Voters’ Views on Immigration | Center for Immigration Studies

A person having something(s) in common with a demographic doesn't guarantee support from that demographic.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll just point to pakicetus' post here.

Yep, I replied to their post...

As I mentioned to them, having common ground on the issues isn't a guarantee for support.

Presidential elections are just as much of a popularity contest as they are about the issue (it's unfortunate, but true).

As person can have almost everything in common with a particular demographic, yet that demographic could largely support someone else for a variety of reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
hate-map.png

I was kind of operating off of these kind of statistics.

There's no doubt that every state is going to have some levels of hate, but there are concentrations where it appears to be at it's worst (one particular pocket in the southeast where there seems to be a lot of it all bunched together...

That chart looks good but it uses population to gage how racist a place is.

Idaho is pretty dark but they only have 1.6 million people. So at the high end of your chart color for Idaho (6) there are 9.6 or round to 10 hate groups in Idaho

Michigan is pretty light but they have 9.1 million people. So at the high end of your chart color for Michigan (3) there are 27 hate groups in Michigan.

It gets even more skewed with California or New York vs. Alabama.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black people will continue to vote for Democrats because Democrats are the party of minorities in America.

The Democrat party is the party of exploiting minorities. The issue goes well beyond why the black community continues to support Hillary Clinton. The question is why the black community continues to support a party which has proven conclusively its only concern is to perpetuate a victim class and keep blacks in perpetuity right where they are.

ya, they get that wrong too.

Do you really want to go down this road again?

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...e-mans-party.7796189/page-6#post-64810283/113

Last edited:
Upvote 0