Why do the laws of the OT not apply today?

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
LOL ok buddy, I guess trying to glean wisdom from God's word and apply it to my life makes me "exceeding the righteousness of others" Why you are so set against this principle i do not know; but I am done arguing with you. Do as you want, and believe what you want Clearly you have no intention of learning and are stuck thinking you know everything. Good luck with that.

You are trying to tell me I must follow the laws of food, festivals, and sabbaths, not teach me. However, just to indulge you, what are you trying to teach me? I already know concerning the laws of food, the clean and unclean, and the festivals, and also the sabbaths. If you are trying to teach me a spiritual meaning behind them, then please, by all means, I am all ears.

I am not against these laws, if any wishes to follow them, then let them follow them, but not tell others it is a sin to not follow them, because it is not. I, however, follow a different food diet, I eat a paleo, well controlled, nutritional diet, and of all the things that I eat, the only thing that would be considered "unclean" would be the occasional strips of bacon I eat that are allowable to the paleo eating diet. I am healthy as a horse, have a flat stomach and I'm nearly 30, sharp between the eyes, and I am not in sin in anything I eat, nor drink.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,343.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Free-will is a false doctrine. There is no free-will, only the will of God, of which the will of man is subject to. This is one of your doctrinal problems, which is why you cannot accept predestination, a clear teaching of scripture that I've quoted you time and time again and you keep ignoring and discarding these scriptures, and then go and to say, "....but you haven't shown me...", yet I have indeed shown you, hence the scriptures I quoted you, but you keep rejecting them. How many times must I quote them for you to see? Can you not read? Are that that hard of seeing? I have quoted them to you....... Ephesians 1:11, Romans 8:30, Proverbs 16:4, Romans 11:32 are four scriptures, I also have an entire study on predestination here you should read up on, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2015/12/19/god-preordains-predestines-chooses-rejects-and-foreknows/ . You are difficult person to reason with because your understanding is darkened, and in not understanding predestination you cannot understand many other things either, so this conversation with you is pointless, as this proverb holds true,

I am not living in a fantasy world, I am perceiving things in truth according to the scriptures. If the scriptures say, "someone who is born of God cannot sin", then rest assured, I will believe it, and not try to ignore this saying or try to twist it to suit my lifestyle as most do. Come back to me when you've learned a thing or two concerning wisdom and predestination, then we can have a real conversation and perhaps edify each other.

cgaviria,

1. I have given scriptures and I have addressed your scriptures and their context. All you do is give your teaching but you cannot rebut the truth.

2. Why did you tell me that you are sinless because christians can't sin and then when pressed you told me that you haven't received the Holy Spirit and only those who have the Holy Spirit will be sinless. Why is it you have not received the Holy Spirit yet so you can be sinless? Why can't you show me some known christians who are sinless? Some of the greatest christians I have known and read about would never even believe they have no possibility to sin or that they have reached that goal perfectly every single second of their christian life.

3. If christians don't sin then how come our advocate Jesus Christ is the propitiation for our sins as christians as well as for the world? If christians do not walk in the Spirit they will fulfill the things of the flesh and not go the kingdom of God so how do you prove that christians cannot sin and lose their salvation. Galatians 5:25; If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Verse 17 says the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Then it goes on about the works of the flesh and the destination which is not the kingdom of God.

4. Christians can justify themselves by the law and if they do they will have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4. I have to go but you try to answer these questions and scriptures instead of acting like a voice of experience which you lack.
It is amazing you are so bold to exalt your teaching which is not in context according to the scripture and yet be so afraid to ask simple question about your contradictions. Try again to address the scriptures I gave and the questions I asked instead of giving your opinion and skate the rebuttal. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
cgaviria,

1. I have given scriptures and I have addressed your scriptures and their context. All you do is give your teaching but you cannot rebut the truth.

2. Why did you tell me that you are sinless because christians can't sin and then when pressed you told me that you haven't received the Holy Spirit and only those who have the Holy Spirit will be sinless. Why is it you have not received the Holy Spirit yet so you can be sinless? Why can't you show me some known christians who are sinless? Some of the greatest christians I have known and read about would never even believe they have no possibility to sin or that they have reached that goal perfectly every single second of their christian life.

3. If christians don't sin then how come our advocate Jesus Christ is the propitiation for our sins as christians as well as for the world? If christians do not walk in the Spirit they will fulfill the things of the flesh and not go the kingdom of God so how do you prove that christians cannot sin and lose their salvation. Galatians 5:25; If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Verse 17 says the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Then it goes on about the works of the flesh and the destination which is not the kingdom of God.

4. Christians can justify themselves by the law and if they do they will have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4. I have to go but you try to answer these questions and scriptures instead of acting like a voice of experience which you lack.
It is amazing you are so bold to exalt your teaching which is not in context according to the scripture and yet be so afraid to ask simple question about your contradictions. Try again to address the scriptures I gave and the questions I asked instead of giving your opinion and skate the rebuttal. Jerry kelso

Have you absolutely no understanding at all concerning scripture? What do you suppose the whole point of the shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ was for? It wasn't just to atone for sin, because the blood of animals already made atonement for sins before he was crucified.... it was so that he could also bring an end to sin, which fulfills this prophecy,
Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. (Daniel 9:24 [ESV])

It was after his blood was shed, that he then made it possible for all those who believed in him, to then have atonement of their sins through his blood, and then receive the sinless nature by being rebirthed in holy spirit. Anything born of spirit is birthed into sinlessness, as even Jesus Christ, was conceived in holy spirit, and lived a sinless life, therefore, anyone reborn in spirit is imparted this same sinless nature. Yet all who are reborn in spirit, have committed sins in the past, because they were at one point born in sin, yet when they receive holy spirit, they are reborn into the freedom from sin. This is what walking in the spirit means. You cannot walk both in spirit and flesh at the same time. Only in one or the other, and you can only walk in spirit if holy spirit lives in you.

I have never met anyone having holy spirit, so I cannot point you in the direction of someone being sinless, otherwise I would be talking to him myself, but since the scriptures are readily available around the earth, it is my opinion that there are perhaps other people in the world that hold this teaching, and not just I, and I have talked to one or two other believers knowing or understanding this teaching. Very few people are chosen, so it doesn't surprise me that not many people would accept this teaching concerning sinlessness and holy spirit. I also did not say I am currently sinless. I would only become sinless when I receive holy spirit. I have not yet received holy spirit because I am still studying these topics and refining my doctrine before I carry out the things I know are necessary to actually receive it. I have every intention of becoming baptized in holy spirit, and carrying out the work of the Lord in due time only when I actually receive it. I am not telling you any of this to condemn you, I am telling you this to open your eyes, that you may actually receive it in truth rather than remain ignorant about it and think that living in your current state will yield you salvation.

I have a study on this topic that can be found here, http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2015/12/13/the-ability-to-stop-sinning-powered-by-the-spirit/ .

Upvote 0