Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Who's in control? Who's responsible for the world and the way it is. If God, or gods is/are actively running interference in our lives, then who's responsible?
Do our choices matter?, do we have choices? are some of those choices engineered by the gods?

I have a million questions that go on and on. Is it a fifty/fifty thing, where sometimes we are left to ourselves and our own choices, but sometimes we are facing challenging choices engineered by the gods.

It's gotta be some kind of percentage of the time that God, and or the gods, interfere.

What do you think?

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who's in control? Who's responsible for the world and the way it is. If God, or gods is/are actively running interference in our lives, then who's responsible?
Do our choices matter?, do we have choices? are some of those choices engineered by the gods?

I have a million questions that go on and on. Is it a fifty/fifty thing, where sometimes we are left to ourselves and our own choices, but sometimes we are facing challenging choices engineered by the gods.

It's gotta be some kind of percentage of the time that God, and or the gods, interfere.

What do you think?

Reasoning about God and His purposes is not just an intellectual thing. First, one needs to know God in a personal way through His beloved Son (1 Jn. 5:12), then they can learn from Him by His Word what His ways are. Let me suggest you start a reading in John 1, John 3, and John 14, then ask God to open your mind and heart to Him. He will begin to show you His ways. Much of the Bible is not understandable until one receives the Savior and bows to our Creator-God. Keep on seeking the Lord, friend, and you will be blessed.

Upvote 0

tackattack

Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll give my opinion as long as you take it as such. I believe the Bible and the Holy Spirit teach regularly about personal responsibility and accountability. Let's talk about the difference first.
Responsibility is the state or fact of being answerable or accountable of something within one's power. I consider accountability as a person obligated to report, explain, or justify something. Practically applied, I would say taht responsibility can be shared, but accountability rests with the originator.

I consider that all of my God given free will affords me full part in the accountability for my own actions and part responsibility for how they affect the world around me. God, being the master creator, would have final accountability for all he created and share responsibility with us for how what he created interacts. I would say, if you believe in free will, that ultimately each of us is accountable to God on judgement, for our action as we share the responsiblity of original sin, by continuing to not abide in God's will. Just as Eve was accoutnable for getting us kicked out of the Garden, Adam shared in that responsibility with her but wasn't accountable for anything expect his actions.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Gozreht

Jun 25, 2011
USA
Visit site
✟1,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tack,
That wasn't too bad of an answer. I like most of it. I don't know if God can be held accountable because who would hold Him to it? Who would He answer to? Now you may have meant it a little different from what I picked up but again I liked most of what you said.

Now, my opinion, this is a tricky topic because it deals with predestination factors. I would start out by understanding there is a difference between predestination and fore knowledge/all-knowing. I would agree there may be some percentage shared of what happens but the percentage shared by God deals with leading us in the right paths and steering us into His will but we choose to go that path or not; at all times. He gives us ways out and intervenes (interfere would not be the best term) so we can stay close to Him, especially through our prayers. He never puts negative things in our path. He allows them to happen but does not place them there.

Upvote 0

tackattack

Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tack,
That wasn't too bad of an answer. I like most of it. I don't know if God can be held accountable because who would hold Him to it? Who would He answer to? Now you may have meant it a little different from what I picked up but again I liked most of what you said.

Now, my opinion, this is a tricky topic because it deals with predestination factors. I would start out by understanding there is a difference between predestination and fore knowledge/all-knowing. I would agree there may be some percentage shared of what happens but the percentage shared by God deals with leading us in the right paths and steering us into His will but we choose to go that path or not; at all times. He gives us ways out and intervenes (interfere would not be the best term) so we can stay close to Him, especially through our prayers. He never puts negative things in our path. He allows them to happen but does not place them there.

Thanks and I appreciate your input!I agree God would have no one to hold Him accountable. Luckily He is goodness and love in it's embodiment, so there's no need to hold him accountable because all He does is good. I agree with all the thoughts you added.

God Bless,
Dave

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

According to God, our choices matter, because He holds us responsible for them. What God gives us is the free choice to obey or disobey Him. He also tests us to prove our faith, and so we can learn how to be dependent on Him. And many other reasons, some that we do not understand.

Our choice in every circumstance is always clear, according to the greatest commandment..that choice being, to put God, or ourselves, first. Thst is a choice that we always face, each and every moment, of each and every day. God is ultimately in control; He is sovereign over His creation. We are dependent on Him for everything. Within that, we have many choices to make, either for Him or against Him. Depending on how we choose, there can be rewards or consequences. Our choices effect other people, and the outcome of our own lives. God knows the best way, and we can go that way, if we trust Him. If not, it is to our own peril.

There is only one God. What you call the "gods" are false idols. Fallen angels masquarading as God, leading people into false religion and ultimately hell.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
According to God, our choices matter, because He holds us responsible for them. What God gives us is the free choice to obey or disobey Him. He also tests us to prove our faith, and so we can learn how to be dependent on Him. And many other reasons, some that we do not understand.

Our choice in every circumstance is always clear, according to the greatest commandment..that choice being, to put God, or ourselves, first. Thst is a choice that we always face, each and every moment, of each and every day. God is ultimately in control; He is sovereign over His creation. We are dependent on Him for everything. Within that, we have many choices to make, either for Him or against Him. Depending on how we choose, there can be rewards or consequences. Our choices effect other people, and the outcome of our own lives. God knows the best way, and we can go that way, if we trust Him. If not, it is to our own peril.

There is only one God. What you call the "gods" are false idols. Fallen angels masquarading as God, leading people into false religion and ultimately hell.
What if you experienced something (intervening in your life) but did not know whether it was bad or good, fallen angel or a risen one, or maybe even God himself. I am confused by what came in and began interfering with me and my life, was it a "fallen angel" looking to play games, or was it a/the holy spirit or Jesus, giving me a chance to change my life and therefore "repent".

The matrix movies would suggest that any "program" running operations outside it's original design was doing something it wasn't supposed to be doing and is therefore "Bad" but I don't know, don't "Good" angels or spirits run interference too?

The careful timing of certain "signs" or events, made me question choice. We definetly have "choice" even if those choices were engineered by God. Do I feel that I am necessarily responsible for all of my life, where I've been, where I am going, all that? No, I think some of the responsibility is at least shared, (if not the full blame), "laid" on other forces beyond our control.

Now that makes it sound as if we don't take any responsibility in/for our lives, but how we perform during these chosen times (of making choices) can affect our future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if you experienced something (intervening in your life) but did not know whether it was bad or good, fallen angel or a risen one, or maybe even God himself. I am confused by what came in and began interfering with me and my life, was it a "fallen angel" looking to play games, or was it a/the holy spirit or Jesus, giving me a chance to change my life and therefore "repent".

The matrix movies would suggest that any "program" running operations outside it's original design was doing something it wasn't supposed to be doing and is therefore "Bad" but I don't know, don't "Good" angels or spirits run interference too?

The careful timing of certain "signs" or events, made me question choice. We definetly have "choice" even if those choices were engineered by God. Do I feel that I am necessarily responsible for all of my life, where I've been, where I am going, all that? No, I think some of the responsibility is at least shared, (if not the full blame), "laid" on other forces beyond our control.

Now that makes it sound as if we don't take any responsibility in/for our lives, but how we perform during these chosen times (of making choices) can affect our future.

Two things here. One, you need to know what Gods word says. Two, when you are facing a decision you are not sure about, you need take it before Gods throne. You need to turn it over to God and wait upon Him to give you an answer.

Now we don't get our understanding of reality from the Matrix, we get it from scripture. Scripture says this:

James 1:13

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

God doesn't tempt you. Neither do Angels interfere in our lives; they are messengers and servants of God. God sends them to minister to us, not to harm us. If you are getting interference, as you call it, it is from demons. Can you give a specific example of what you mean by "interference"?

This is what you have to ask yourself..why do they have any power over your life? Do you not realize that you have power over them through the Lord Jesus Christ? If they do have power over you, you need to ask God to reveal to you the areas in your life you need to change, because you have open doors to Satan, somewhere. Are you following the greatest commandments? Do you have unrepented for sin in your life? Are there people in your life you refuse to forgive?

In the end, these things come back to how you are serving and obeying God. How much you understand scripture, and whether you are a doer of the word, and not a hearer of it only. The farther away from that you are, the more trouble will have. You need to take these problems to God and ask Him to help you with them. He said cast your cares on Me and I will sustain you. As far as who is to blame, God does not share responsibility for our sin.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Not only is it not His fault when we sin, He even is faithful to provide a means of escape from it, so we can endure it. We are responsible for our own choices.

I also saw something in another thread about being emotionally numb. I have to ask, where do you place your hope? You need to keep hope alive:

1 Peter 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great
mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

God gave us new life, and through the resurrection of Christ, hope for eternal life. The question is, do you have your eyes fixed on Jesus and the hope He has given you?

Upvote 0