Who was the founder of the Catholic Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hoser said:
Well the founder of the Catholic Church IS Jesus. He founded the Church an instructed St. Peter lead it.

Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.

He then went on to give the keys of the kingdom to Peter

Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

and what about the other Apostels.. were they just nothing and not all equal? Jesus is the Stone.. symbolic meaning.. we are little stones.. 2 Peter.. those who obey and follow Christ, not Peter only.. now, I did some research on the early Church.. can you tell me when was the verses you just used above also first used by the Catholic Church.. I believe it was during the east and weat division with Constantanoble.. so are the EO's had no little stones back then? oh please tell me the year AD this verse used.. believe it was before a Pope who was thrown out and ran to King of France :scratch:

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
holyorders said:
Huh? We aren't supposed to fear[as in Fear of the Lord] the Holy Spirit in people. The Holy Spirit attracts people in love- its the true Evangelist.
;) exactly.. no church.. people make the difference :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
holyorders said:
The Holy Spirit does all the work.....Humans use reason and logic[and it helpps to a degree] but the Holy Spirit comes in for the higher purpose- no man can control God [the Holy Spirit].

but we receive it.. 120 at Pentecostal did.. so does God only go to Rome.. to one place? anyone on earth can, right????:scratch:

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jhn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jhn 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Jhn 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Jhn 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

Jhn 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you [of] heavenly things?

Jhn 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jhn 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Jhn 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Huh? Now I'm really confused. The Holy Spirit does what it wants to. Whenever any church, this includes my church, has the Holy Spirit it has come from asking/praying for the Holy Spirit to enter us....also in my church's case its also to consecrate the bread/wine for the Eucharist [transub] to become the Body and Blood of Christ in the appearance of bread and wine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StPaul

Resistance is futile,... you will be assimilated.
Mar 31, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟1,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
GraceInHim said:
but we receive it.. 120 at Pentecostal did.. so does God only go to Rome.. to one place? anyone on earth can, right????:scratch:

It sure does seem that you are quick to condemn holyorders.

Not once has holyorders ever made the inclination that is deserving of your response!

Methinks that you just looked at holyorder's faith icon, and based your attitude on how you would treat this thread even before you read.

Is this the type of attitude to portray to somebody who could possibly have had an honest question,... (and is honestly searching for God, and where He wants holyorders to go!)?

Sorry,... I have been lurking in this thread, just reading. I did not want to respond, because I, myself, am in an honest search for where God wants me, but I will not tolerate this condescending attitude any more!

I can only ask that you retract this and previous unwarrented statements, but further insistence of such attitude will force me to report your posts. This type of attitude does nothing but drive away people who are searching.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
holyorders said:
Huh? Now I'm really confused. The Holy Spirit does what it wants to. Whenever any church, this includes my church, has the Holy Spirit it has come from asking/praying for the Holy Spirit to enter us....
:thumbsup: thank you.. no need to break bread with me.. had my fill ;)

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
StPaul said:
It sure does seem that you are quick to condemn holyorders.

Not once has holyorders ever made the inclination that is deserving of your response!

Methinks that you just looked at holyorder's faith icon, and based your attitude on how you would treat this thread even before you read.

Is this the type of attitude to portray to somebody who could possibly have had an honest question,... (and is honestly searching for God, and where He wants holyorders to go!)?

Sorry,... I have been lurking in this thread, just reading. I did not want to respond, because I, myself, am in an honest search for where God wants me, but I will not tolerate this condescending attitude any more!

I can only ask that you retract this and previous unwarrented statements, but further insistence of such attitude will force me to report your posts. This type of attitude does nothing but drive away people who are searching.

God Bless!

did you read the post.. who started it and he did say that it was the RIGHT church.. so many others have asked this to him.. and can you answer Hoser's drive by posting for me.. thanks.. I am not judging.. I speak truth from History and not one or 2 verses but all combined and take it all in with Jesus' true words.. not mans

thank you :)

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can only ask that you retract this and previous unwarrented statements, but further insistence of such attitude will force me to report your posts

St. Paul... you better define your post.. you are not allowed to say you will REPORT someone on a thread.. and I have done nothing but speak within the rules.. so please retract this.. thank you :)

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
GraceInHim said:
did you read the post.. who started it and he did say that it was the RIGHT church.. so many others have asked this to him.. and can you answer Hoser's drive by posting for me.. thanks.. I am not judging.. I speak truth from History and not one or 2 verses but all combined and take it all in with Jesus' true words.. not mans

thank you :)
I did not ever say my church was the right church... as in better than every other church. I have chosen my church because God called me to this church, as a matter of fact I was quite hesitant at first. I do believe, with my fallible mind, that my church is the best representation of what Christ wanted. I do not know the will [be it man's or God's] for the reasons why the original Catholic Church lost members and separated into different churches [Protestants and Orthodox]. Honestly ,and personally, I like all Christians. A lot better then whats out in the secular world.

I made this thread because I see all differences and disunity all over Christianity. I, with my whole heart, believe God called me to the Catholic Church... and if it was able to keep people unified for 1500+(edit: its slightly less uz of the Great Schism.. even with that there is little difference between us and them) years I think it could help unify everyone together again. Maybe I am naive, but I am trying to be child-like about bringing the Truth to people and not childish [like I used to be]. (and no I am not accusing anyone of being childish)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
holyorders said:
I did not ever say my church was the right church... as in better than every other church. I have chosen my church because God called me to this church, as a matter of fact I was quite hesitant at first. I do believe, with my fallible mind, that my church is the best representation of what Christ wanted. I do not know the will [be it man's or God's] for the reasons why the original Catholic Church lost members and separated into different churches [Protestants and Orthodox]. Honestly ,and personally, I like all Christians. A lot better then whats out in the secular world.

I already discussed this with you and you did say it is all on earth, not just a Church.. did my thumbs up.. then we got to the HS.. and you then clarified it again.. your dear friend StPaul, seems to want to defend you and judge my actions.. I am allowed to discuss within the rules.. and have done so .. without calling a name.. so I advise you to not go on since we already cleared it up, before Paul came in.. thank you :wave:

I made this thread because I see all differences and disunity all over Christianity. I, with my whole heart, believe God called me to the Catholic Church... and if it was able to keep people unified for 1500+(edit: its slightly less uz of the Great Schism.. even with that there is little difference between us and them) years I think it could help unify everyone together again. Maybe I am naive, but I am trying to be child-like about bringing the Truth to people and not childish [like I used to be]. (and no I am not accusing anyone of being childish
The post you just quoted was to St. Paul not you personally.. we already discussed it and you are truly saying anyone on earth can have Jesus, whom is God whom is the HG which gives the HS :thumbsup:

Thank you.. you are totally right.. NO ONE can CONTROL GOD :wave:

Upvote 0

Jig

Christ Follower
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
✟15,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ is the head and founder of His Church. The Catholic church is part of this Chruch.. Every denomination might have a human pastor that made it's doctrine visable, but at the heart of it Jesus is still every donaminations founder.

Example: Calvinist's may have gotten there name from Calvin, but Calvinist are part of Jesus' one and only true Church too, so therefore their founder is also Jesus Christ....get it. :p

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0

canadiancatholic

Aug 14, 2005
✟8,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christ is the founder of the catholic church always has been always will. I know numerous people have often tried to insinuate that our beloved pope St. Peter is our founder but it's just not so. On this rock I will build my church... Christ is the builder, therefore the founder.
canadiancatholic

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.