Who Made This Statement re Joseph Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have all been given a commission by Christ Himself--

(Mat 28:19)Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(Mat 28:20)Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It is everyone's duty to teach others about Christ's way---what we have to be careful about is this:

(Mat 15:8)This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
(Mat 15:9)But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Make sure we are not teaching the wrong thing. All anyone can do is point to the scriptures, as Christ did Himself, and it is up to the Holy Spirit to convict. There in lies the rub---everyone is convinced they speak the truth. Only difference is--what is scripture and what isn't. Mormons' claim the scriptures are corrupted, therefore they can teach anything they feel is truth by saying a passage is corrupted--not mistranslated, corrupted. We have the right to believe whatever we want--we also have the right to present all the information we find. We must look to our hearts as to why we choose to believe one thing or another.
To teach the gospel not condemn

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Who says you are here to expose false teachers?
12 And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do.
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
12 And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do.
13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Sorry, but exposing false teachers was not what writer of this epistle said he was doing, although he says that what he is doing will undermine them. The verses that precede the ones you cited describe what he was actually doing.
8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them that I might minister unto you;
9 and when I was present with you and was in want, I was not a burden on any man; for the brethren, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my want; and in everything I kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this glorying in the regions of Achaia.
11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.

But note, I said the author of 2 Corinthians, not Paul. Most academically trained biblical scholars don't think Paul wrote 2 Corinthians.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, but exposing false teachers was not what writer of this epistle said he was doing, although he says that what he is doing will undermine them. The verses that precede the ones you cited describe what he was actually doing.

I disagree, preceding verses help to build context, not nullify actual meaning. Preceding verses describe that which Paul is doing to undermine claims of these deceitful teachers.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them that I might minister unto you;
9 and when I was present with you and was in want, I was not a burden on any man; for the brethren, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my want; and in everything I kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself.
10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this glorying in the regions of Achaia.
11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.

But note, I said the author of 2 Corinthians, not Paul. Most academically trained biblical scholars don't think Paul wrote 2 Corinthians.
Lol. I loved the "most" part.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
steve is enthralled with everything LDS, hasent found satisfaction it seems. so we all get to follow t.hese boring threads
Who's making you (or anyone) do that?

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and this is the 'outreach' part of the forums. isnt the 'christian outreaching ' here drawing us all in love?
sorry there was not a deeper place to hide the LDS threads. yet they still hold interest.
And Ham, you have no idea who my teacher is. you dont know me.
Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. He teaches me His word by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have not condemned anyone.
Telling anyone who believes different than you that they are going to hell is condemnation judge mental arrogant unchrisike. There is not one mainstream Christian who is qualified to tell someone they are going to hell or anyplace else. You are not Christ. Also where in the bible does it give authority to do anything without at least some authority to do so. The bible has no authority to give authority. It is a book that has unknown authors that was written decades after the fact. At best all you have is your own feelings to preach the gospel as you understand it which is just a crap shoot that you may or may not get it right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 21, 2015
✟25,183.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Telling anyone who believes different than you that they are going to hell is condemnation judge mental arrogant unchrisike. There is not one mainstream Christian who is qualified to tell someone they are going to hell or anyplace else. You are not Christ. Also where in the bible does it give authority to do anything without at least some authority to do so. The bible has no authority to give authority. It is a book that has unknown authors that was written decades after the fact. At best all you have is your own feelings to preach the gospel as you understand it which is just a crap shoot that you may or may not get it right

Insulting another persons religion is exactly what you just did.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So it wrong to tell someone they are wrong about what they believe?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
So it wrong to tell someone they are wrong about what they believe?

You've made various posts that indicate you do not have a clear grasp of what the church actually says and teaches. For example, on another thread you unquestioningly recycled the "Jesus and Satan are brothers!" lie even after we've posted here repeatedly what the actual theology says.

In that sense, how can one judge what others believe if one does not understand what others believe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You've made various posts that indicate you do not have a clear grasp of what the church actually says and teaches. For example, on another thread you unquestioningly recycled the "Jesus and Satan are brothers!" lie even after we've posted here repeatedly what the actual theology says.

In that sense, how can one judge what others believe if one does not understand what others believe?
"The actual theology is that everyone who has ever existed and who ever will exist is the spiritual sibling of one another. "

That makes Jesus and Satan brothers.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Oh, and you didn't answer the question.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.