Who Made This Statement re Joseph Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If false, you are deceiving people and that's not good and needs refutation. My authority is from Jesus my redeemer and my authority, like that of other believers, comes from God's Word. Mormon is weighted in the Balance and found worthless, even dangerous. You should repent your Smithism and stop singing Praise to the Man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I understand. As an anti-Christian you need to attack the person rather than have a discussion about what was presented. I have never had a Mormon tell me anything about this video because I have never talked to a mormon about this video. But now that I have, I can see that there must be something about it that strikes a nerve because I am met with ad hom attack, accusations based on speculation. I have to think that this video must seriously prick the conscience of mormons for the reaction to be that way.

I expect you would have the same reaction if someone posted a cartoon about Christianity like that.

I was taught the very same thing when I was a Mormon kid. And I asked about that later on, in the 80's when I questioned how and why the non-whites were finally able to earn Priesthood. Strange coincidence how BYU was under a boycott by a number of colleges over that very subject. I do not recall the details on that, sadly. I just thought it was strange how God (or Elohim to some of you) would change His mind on something so important and scriptural for a ball team. The Bishop, of course, said no it's not for a ball team, but how the sinfulness of Cain is now gone and they have been made righteous. I just never could shake the thouht that there was another reason.

Not why. My understanding is that it was Brazil that made them change their policies (as well as create awesome sci fi writers like Orson Scott Card.) The LDS church enjoyed tremendous success in Brazil. The problem? You can't find hardly any Brazilian without African blood. If they didn't allow blacks into the priesthood they would end up with a huge church there with no priesthood!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I expect you would have the same reaction if someone posted a cartoon about Christianity like that.

Not why. My understanding is that it was Brazil that made them change their policies (as well as create awesome sci fi writers like Orson Scott Card.) The LDS church enjoyed tremendous success in Brazil. The problem? You can't find hardly any Brazilian without African blood. If they didn't allow blacks into the priesthood they would end up with a huge church there with no priesthood!
That was another reason. Thanks for bringing it up

Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
MHClosedPerm_zps3iynmtvr.jpg

This thread is being permanently closed due to excessive amount
of flaming. Please remember to be respectful towards one another.
In the future, address the content of the post only and not the poster.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.