Who liked the band Disciple? good Christian hard rock

Who likes good Christian hard rock from Disciple?

• Yes, I do

• No, I don't

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it was on the album Dichotomy. But, yea, Becoming the Archetype is a more "Christian death metal" style. (I always find it funny when I explain that to people. Lol)

So does your fiancee like Becoming the Archetype's How Great Thou Art?

I'm sure you've played it to her.

Blessings.

PS: You're right; it's heavier than Disciple's Battle Lines; I think it's the screamo that does it.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
So does your fiancee like Becoming the Archetype's How Great Thou Art? I'm sure you've played it to her. Blessings. PS: You're right; it's heavier than Disciple's Battle Lines; I think it's the screamo that does it.
Actually no. Lol
She doesn't think it's bad like they're not Christians or whatever, but she prefers heavier instruments with "lighter" vocals like Red, Disciple, Skillet, Flyleaf, etc. I prefer heavy everything (lol) like Demon Hunter, For Today, Becoming the Archetype (they're a little different than the others), War of Ages, Wolves at the Gate, etc. (I still love all the bands I listed that she likes as well, but I prefer bands like ones I listed below them.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually no. Lol
She doesn't think it's bad like they're not Christians or whatever, but she prefers heavier instruments with "lighter" vocals like Red, Disciple, Skillet, Flyleaf, etc. I prefer heavy everything (lol) like Demon Hunter, For Today, Becoming the Archetype (they're a little different than the others), War of Ages, Wolves at the Gate, etc. (I still love all the bands I listed that she likes as well, but I prefer bands like ones I listed below them.)

So she's more likely to want to play Disciple than Becoming the Archetype, at you guys' wedding reception, then! :)

Becoming the Archetype's How Great Thou Art certain has a rigorous approach to screamo. Some Christians would find it takes some getting used to; maybe did you find it grew on you after you first heard it?

Blessings.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
So she's more likely to want to play Disciple than Becoming the Archetype, at you guys' wedding reception, then! :) Becoming the Archetype's How Great Thou Art certain has a rigorous approach to screamo. Some Christians would find it takes some getting used to; maybe did you find it grew on you after you first heard it? Blessings.
Well I don't know about that either. Lol She wants more like classical music or light country music played at our wedding. (We both like a variety of music, but I really just don't like rap or pop.)
But that particular song I actually liked the very first time I heard it. I also actually learned it on guitar a couple weeks ago, and I especially love that eerie sounding intro. They use organs in a lot of their earlier music, too, to add to that eerie tone. ;)
For Today has a LOT of really good worship music though as well as Wolves at the Gate. When I hear some of their music I can't help but praise God at the top of my lungs and sometimes learn the songs on guitar to play along. I think that's why it hits me hard when people call this music "Satanic" because that's when I feel closest to Him is when I'm worshiping Him by being led by that music.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I don't know about that either. Lol She wants more like classical music or light country music played at our wedding. (We both like a variety of music, but I really just don't like rap or pop.)
But that particular song I actually liked the very first time I heard it. I also actually learned it on guitar a couple weeks ago, and I especially love that eerie sounding intro. They use organs in a lot of their earlier music, too, to add to that eerie tone. ;)
For Today has a LOT of really good worship music though as well as Wolves at the Gate. When I hear some of their music I can't help but praise God at the top of my lungs and sometimes learn the songs on guitar to play along. I think that's why it hits me hard when people call this music "Satanic" because that's when I feel closest to Him is when I'm worshiping Him by being led by that music.

Thanks for those other suggestions also.

So you like to sing screamo, too? using lyrics from Becoming the Archetype and others.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stephanie, my fiancé, would be better here since she has all their albums. I have all of Red's albums I borrowed from her and put onto my computer, but I haven't got to do that with anything from Disciple yet. But they are good, too. They've been around for a while as well.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stephanie, my fiancé, would be better here since she has all their albums. I have all of Red's albums I borrowed from her and put onto my computer, but I haven't got to do that with anything from Disciple yet. But they are good, too. They've been around for a while as well.

Sounds like Stephanie is quite into Disciple, then.

Maybe you think Disciple has a softer sound, a more measured use of screamo, etc.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
Sounds like Stephanie is quite into Disciple, then. Maybe you think Disciple has a softer sound, a more measured use of screamo, etc. Blessings.
I don't know, I mean their music is pretty heavy, I guess it is maybe the singing. He does sing good though, and he can scream pretty good, too. Lol

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, I mean their music is pretty heavy, I guess it is maybe the singing. He does sing good though, and he can scream pretty good, too. Lol

Seems that screamo is very special to you, as a mode of singing, anyway.

(Especially when combined with God honoring lyrics.)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
Seems that screamo is very special to you, as a mode of singing, anyway. (Especially when combined with God honoring lyrics.) Blessings.
Maybe that's it. They're still good either way though. Lol

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks brother....i am sorta' thinkin' out loud when i asks da questions....

clarity and examination is sumthin' i seeks wif ev'rything....i duz this when i'm watchin' movies...like fer instance "Machine Gun Preacher" a slammin' testimony of a horrendously dangerous and deadly man before his conversion, but who God used and uses mightily to venture where no other mortal would dare to tread....

Ms. brinny:

YW. So do you like Christian hard rock as well? (I can't remember if I've asked you.) Disciple seems to have some clear, Biblical lyrics, anyway.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

dpadre

Sep 15, 2006
Kansas
✟10,460.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I've been a follower of the band Disciple since day one. Kevin Young the lead singer and head of the band has a burning heart after God. I've been to dozens of their concerts and never once did Kevin or someone in the band stop and not crack open the Bible. They always have a great message to share. Now to address the fact that most of their music is so called hard rock, Yes, some is and some is instrumental. That to me is a choice of listener preference of what kind of music you like and enjoy. I truly believe you can’t contain God in a box, not music or his word. Not everyone who serves God is from the same Denomination or any Denomination at all. I believe in the jungles of Africa there are tribes blowing on horns and banging on drums praising and worshiping God in a language that is foreign to us. I believe that in Suburbs across America that there are people in run down areas that box beat with their lips sounds and rhyme off rap lyrics that most of us have a hard time understanding. I don’t think Gods music or Praise and Worship should be kept in a Box. We should not all be just Baptist and sit in church pews and only sing Hymnals. Nothing about God screams to keep quiet. I prefer a handful of his music, Say 98.7 Power FM out of Dallas Texas for Christian Rock, or YES FM 89.3 FM out of Toledo Ohio that plays Rap music and Hard Screaming Rock music on either their Rap-up show or their Loud Planet show. There are also tons of mainstay Christian music channels scattered across the World that play it safe and only play contemporary Christian hit music. To me, whatever style you prefer is one should listen to. I think no matter what the sound is, as long as it is bringing souls to salvation and bringing God his Glory, then we shall all Praise and Worship God in our own personal way that brings us closer to Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I've been a follower of the band Disciple since day one. Kevin Young the lead singer and head of the band has a burning heart after God. I've been to dozens of their concerts and never once did Kevin or someone in the band stop and not crack open the Bible. They always have a great message to share. Now to address the fact that most of their music is so called hard rock, Yes, some is and some is instrumental. That to me is a choice of listener preference of what kind of music you like and enjoy. I truly believe you can’t contain God in a box, not music or his word. Not everyone who serves God is from the same Denomination or any Denomination at all. I believe in the jungles of Africa there are tribes blowing on horns and banging on drums praising and worshiping God in a language that is foreign to us. I believe that in Suburbs across America that there are people in run down areas that box beat with their lips sounds and rhyme off rap lyrics that most of us have a hard time understanding. I don’t think Gods music or Praise and Worship should be kept in a Box. We should not all be just Baptist and sit in church pews and only sing Hymnals. Nothing about God screams to keep quiet. I prefer a handful of his music, Say 98.7 Power FM out of Dallas Texas for Christian Rock, or YES FM 89.3 FM out of Toledo Ohio that plays Rap music and Hard Screaming Rock music on either their Rap-up show or their Loud Planet show. There are also tons of mainstay Christian music channels scattered across the World that play it safe and only play contemporary Christian hit music. To me, whatever style you prefer is one should listen to. I think no matter what the sound is, as long as it is bringing souls to salvation and bringing God his Glory, then we shall all Praise and Worship God in our own personal way that brings us closer to Him!

Yes, I basically agree about music styles.

Do you have favorite tracks from Disciple?

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
dpadre said:
Amen.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
So, any tracks from Disciple that you've been listening to lately? :)
Actually I was in the car with Stephanie today and heard 2 songs by them I haven't heard before. I forgot the first one , but the second one was called Purpose to Melody. It had a LOT of bass and it transitioned well between the heavy, screaming parts to the lighter tone with clean vocals. I quite enjoyed it. Lol

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I was in the car with Stephanie today and heard 2 songs by them I haven't heard before. I forgot the first one , but the second one was called Purpose to Melody. It had a LOT of bass and it transitioned well between the heavy, screaming parts to the lighter tone with clean vocals. I quite enjoyed it. Lol

Did she also? :)

Thanks.

Blessings.

Upvote 0