Who liked the band Disciple? good Christian hard rock

Who likes good Christian hard rock from Disciple?

• Yes, I do

• No, I don't

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
L

Lord Of The Forest

Hi Lord Of The Forest. Not sure if "style" is of any significance to God. Is it?

What "style" is a heart pouring itself out to God, like David did? Was he focused on "style" or the God he was pouring his heart out to?
If style isn't of significance to God, then perhaps you could please explain most of your posts in this thread? :)

I'm not sure David can be used as an example, as he was being the stenographer of the Holy Spirit.

'The More I Seek You' -- is it a worship song? To be honest, I just don't know. It's a pleasant enough song, but what about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YXygCLso9U

It is a ballet dance choreographed to the same song; it is also intimate and mildly erotically-charged. The song works perfectly well as a love song between a man and a woman.

In a nutshell, it seems like you only offer two choices: either we must have music with good lyrics and bad music, or bad lyrics and masterful music. Why can't we have both? :)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
David is an example of what it is to pour one's heart out to God. He was a man after God's own heart and God described him as the "apple of His eye".

Anyone pouring out their heart to God is also an example.

If it isn't pouring one's heart out to God, what's the point?

And the video you posted......did you find yourself worshiping God as you watched it?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, i was merely zero-ing in on the purpose of said music mentioned in this thread and whether it glorifies God. If it isn't meant to, perhaps that should be stated that it is not meant to glorify God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Screamo is a device used by Hard Rock /Heavy Metal musicians. So why Christian hard rock / heavy metal musicians would not use sreamo alos, I wouldn't understand.

Blessings.

Screamo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Screamo essentially describes a particularly dissonant style of emo influenced by hardcore punk.[2] Screamo uses typical rock instrumentation, but is notable for its brief compositions, chaotic execution, and screaming vocals.

The genre is "generally based in the aggressive side of the overarching punk-revival scene."[2] Primary characteristics of the genre are described by Allmusic:[2].....................

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle Vivo MTV VMA '88 - YouTube

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. Your implication, on the other hand.

Hi there; brinny is great at asking searching questions.

She has asked me searching questions many, many times; this is her style; she's not necessarily providing an answer when she asks, but she makes us all think, which is really good! :)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Screamo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Screamo essentially describes a particularly dissonant style of emo influenced by hardcore punk.[2] Screamo uses typical rock instrumentation, but is notable for its brief compositions, chaotic execution, and screaming vocals.

The genre is "generally based in the aggressive side of the overarching punk-revival scene."[2] Primary characteristics of the genre are described by Allmusic:[2].....................

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle Vivo MTV VMA '88 - YouTube

Hi there, LittleLambofJesus: thanks for the post and info.

I think within the whole range of screamo that exists - some of it undoubtedly over the top - there is quite a variety of emphasis, and variety proportionately in relation to other aspects of the many tracks where some degree of screamo is used.

In the case of Disciple, for example, they are known for their uncompromising Christian lyrics in some cases, and when they sometimes do employ screamo it seems kind of measured and calculated for effect, and not out of hand, so to speak; not extreme examples of it.

Thanks again.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
So who likes Disciple? they are good Christian hard rock, in my humble view. There is plenty of their music on Youtube.
I like some of their music. My fiancé loves them and another band called Red. They're more of the alternative Christian rock group; I like both of those bands (especially Disciple's song called Scars Remain), but I tend to like heavier stuff better (not saying it IS better, but I prefer it). For example, look up How Great Thou Art by Becoming the Archetype, Dead Man by Wolves at the Gate, or Ezekiel (The Visionary) by For Today.
I find it funny when people say this worship music is "Satanic" even though all these people want to do is worship Jesus and allow others to do that as well with awesome music. I don't think God has a genre of music just as long as it's glorifying Him.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like some of their music. My fiancé loves them and another band called Red. They're more of the alternative Christian rock group; I like both of those bands (especially Disciple's song called Scars Remain), but I tend to like heavier stuff better (not saying it IS better, but I prefer it). For example, look up How Great Thou Art by Becoming the Archetype, Dead Man by Wolves at the Gate, or Ezekiel (The Visionary) by For Today.
I find it funny when people say this worship music is "Satanic" even though all these people want to do is worship Jesus and allow others to do that as well with awesome music. I don't think God has a genre of music just as long as it's glorifying Him.

I know Red! I'll have to look some of the others up!

Thanks a lot! :)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by Lord Of The Forest View Post
No. Your implication, on the other hand.

Hi there; brinny is great at asking searching questions.

She has asked me searching questions many, many times; this is her style; she's not necessarily providing an answer when she asks, but she makes us all think, which is really good! :)

Blessings.

Thanks brother....i am sorta' thinkin' out loud when i asks da questions....

clarity and examination is sumthin' i seeks wif ev'rything....i duz this when i'm watchin' movies...like fer instance "Machine Gun Preacher" a slammin' testimony of a horrendously dangerous and deadly man before his conversion, but who God used and uses mightily to venture where no other mortal would dare to tread....

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
So which album did Becoming the Archetype's How Great Thou Art appear in? I listened to it. Kind of Death Metal, right?
I believe it was on the album Dichotomy. But, yea, Becoming the Archetype is a more "Christian death metal" style. (I always find it funny when I explain that to people. Lol)

Upvote 0