✟84,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any disciples of Jesus, John 4

1 Now when Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John 2(although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples),
Matthew 28:

16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Disciples baptize believers, who become disciples. Now, they, in turn, are qualified to make other disciples.

Can an unbaptized Christian Baptize someone?

No.

Today, baptisms are usually performed by ordained pastors.

See also When should you get baptized?.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Any disciples of Jesus, John 4

Matthew 28:

Disciples baptize believers, who become disciples. Now, they, in turn, are qualified to make other disciples.

Can an unbaptized Christian Baptize someone?

No.

Today, baptisms are usually performed by ordained pastors.

See also When should you get baptized?.

Anyone can baptize a person in water and it is valid provided it is done using the Trinitarian formula. But not everyone can baptize a person with the Holy Spirit. It's only performed by someone granted that particular gift. Usually a Bishop or a priest under the authority of a Bishop.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,385.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See the account of Philip the deacon and the men of Samaria at Acts 8:5-19.
Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to your point. There is no need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
I do this for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee it will sharpen your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.

Upvote 0