Who liked the band Disciple? good Christian hard rock

Who likes good Christian hard rock from Disciple?

• Yes, I do

• No, I don't

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
never heard of them, so i couldn't vote......i'll check them out on Youtube, then vote :)

Thanks for your comments earlier this evening elsewhere!

You weren't sure about Disciple before you heard the lyrics and had them explained to you.

And I guess you're still not quite sure, which is fine.

We all have different musical preferences.

Blessings. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not fond of Christian rock music. To me it's kind of like matching good words to a bad thing... why do that when one could match good words to good music?

graciesings:

Okay, fine. Maybe your local church does not have a youth group where they sometimes play Christian soft (or even hard) rock; a lot of local churches do.

Well, this is fine.

I really like the traditional hymns as well. 'Break forth, O beauteous, heavenly light' is one of my favorites! :)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry, I usually stay out of the Contemporary Christian forums because I know my opinion usually isn't appreciated here. But I was invited, so...

I am trying to be more open minded about music, though. I've gotten to the point where I can bear Casting Crowns. Their songs don't belong in Mass, but I can half-enjoy them the rest of the time.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I usually stay out of the Contemporary Christian forums because I know my opinion usually isn't appreciated here. But I was invited, so...

I am trying to be more open minded about music, though. I've gotten to the point where I can bear Casting Crowns. Their songs don't belong in Mass, but I can half-enjoy them the rest of the time.

graciesings:

Casting Crowns has some good songs, and seem to be well liked.

Here's a hymn that may be more to your liking and for your appreciation:

"No blood, no altar now, The sacrifice is o'er!
No flame, no smoke ascends on high,
The lamb is slain no more,
But richer blood has flowed from nobler veins,
To purge the soul from guilt, and cleanse the reddest stains.

We thank Thee for the blood, The blood of Christ, Thy Son:
The blood by which our peace is made,
Our victory is won:
Great victory o'er hell, and sin, and woe,
That needs no second fight, and leaves no second foe.

We thank Thee for the grace, Descending from above,
That overflows our widest guilt,
The'eternal Father's love.
Love of the Father's everlasting Son,
Love of the Holy Ghost, Jehovah, Three in One.

We thank Thee for the hope, So glad, and sure, and clear;
It holds the drooping spirit up
Till the long dawn appear;
Fair hope! with what a sunshine does it cheer
Our roughest path on earth, our dreariest desert here.

We thank Thee for the crown Of glory and of life;
'Tis no poor with'ring wreath of earth,
Man's prize in mortal strife;
'Tis incorruptible as is the throne,
The kingdom of our God and His incarnate Son."

The hymn is based on readings from the Epistle to the Hebrews, in the light of such verses as: 'Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us..' (Hebrews 9.24).

'Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and to those who look for him shall He appear the second time without sin to salvation' (Hebrews 9.28).

'...We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily serving and often offering the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; for this time forward waiting until His enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering He has perfected for ever those who are sanctified' (Hebrews 10.10-14)

These are tremendous verses with tremendous truths! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i look for intention behind the words......is the stage "God's" or "theirs" (the singers)? This is primary for me. Do they "bow down" in their heart and soul before God, so to speak, as they are "performing"? Do they love God more than their craft, or the accolades, or "pleasing their fans or pleasing the crowds, or their "entertaining"?

Do they love God and His Word, seek to please God with all that is in them, and "fear" God and delight in and embrace His holiness? Is their aim to win souls, to edify brothers or sisters in Christ? Would they bow their knees on stage in a mini-second because their hearts are full to overflowing as they worship Him right there on stage?

This is what i seek in listening to anyone claiming Christ's name and claiming to be singing to His glory. I don't particularly care what "style" they may have.

For instance, if i posted a song here, would you be more focused on the "style" or the "substance" of what is being conveyed and/or the "purpose" of singing in the first place?

Christ For The Nations Worship - The More I Seek You - YouTube

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i look for intention behind the words......is the stage "God's" or "theirs" (the singers)? This is primary for me. Do they "bow down" in their heart and soul before God, so to speak, as they are "performing"? Do they love God more than their craft, or the accolades, or "pleasing their fans or pleasing the crowds, or their "entertaining"?

Do they love God and His Word, seek to please God with all that is in them, and "fear" God and delight in and embrace His holiness? Is their aim to win souls, to edify brothers or sisters in Christ? Would they bow their knees on stage in a mini-second because their hearts are full to overflowing as they worship Him right there on stage?

This is what i seek in listening to anyone claiming Christ's name and claiming to be singing to His glory. I don't particularly care what "style" they may have.

For instance, if i posted a song here, would you be more focused on the "style" or the "substance" of what is being conveyed and/or the "purpose" of singing in the first place?

Christ For The Nations Worship - The More I Seek You - YouTube

brinny:

The questions you ask are all good, searching and relevant.

Thanks.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Re: the hymn in post #10

the first stanza/part......where it says:

what does that mean?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Re: the hymn in post #10

the first stanza/part......where it says:

what does that mean?

The blood of the Lord Jesus was richer and more noble than the blood of the Old Testament sacrifices. His was a finished work; previously the blood of animals could never take away sin.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...and re: comment about Casting Crowns....

re: post #10...does it matter if Casting Crowns is well-liked? Should it matter to them?

...just wonderin'....

If I wrote well liked, it kind of continued the sense that Ms. graciesings likes Casting Crowns, but it is not particularly significant in what I was saying.

Blessings.

Upvote 0