Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea what you indicated.
That is why I asked.
Sorry wasn't following you. It was indicated that justice is being served but one of who knows how many criminal cops roaming the nation being charged with a crime is hardly justice, it's a token.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sorry wasn't following you. It was indicated that justice is being served but one of who knows how many criminal cops roaming the nation being charged with a crime is hardly justice, it's a token.
Well, another reply indicated that is exactly what should be done, so it was possible that that was what you were trying to say too.
I don't know enough about you to know your perspective.

So your best evidence is anecdotal and based on your own experience?

Why should we consider you to be an unbiased source of information on the subject?

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, another reply indicated that is exactly what should be done, so it was possible that that was what you were trying to say too.
I don't know enough about you to know your perspective.

So your best evidence is anecdotal and based on your own experience?

Why should we consider you to be an unbiased source of information on the subject?
There are no unbiased sources, if you find an unbiased source it is your own bias at play.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There are no unbiased sources, if you find an unbiased source it is your own bias at play.
Of course.
That is why it is important for people to show their work. Opinions and personal anecdotes aren't all that useful for those who want to discern the truth as dispassionately and as objectively as possible.

They are only useful at promoting and advancing a political agenda.

Someone shooting themselves to frame someone else is weird to a psychotic degree. It may possibly be life imitating art, given what has been on TV lately.
I fail to see how any general rule can be drawn from such an incident.

People who respond here by saying that this is somehow typical are therefore making a pretty far-fetched, and rather ludicrous claim.
It may be too much to ask anyone to not be biased, and to pretend not to have a point of view.

So the principle should not be for a person to not be biased.
But at least, do not be ludicrous.

A person shooting themselves is not typical of anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Police find the fact that they are more often than not exonerated to be a commendable thing. Twelve people looking dispassionately at the evidence more often than not find that the police were acting as they should.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler#
If only it were dispassionate. But alas these are 12 people who typically had 12 or more years of indoctrination telling them America and it's representatives (police, military) can do no wrong. 12 years of praying to a flag every morning. One of my daughters social studies books one year actually said police make laws (I threw that book away) but this is what comes from that.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
What hasn't been mentioned yet is, this woman lied to her family about this incident too. Her daughter thought her mother had been shot by a suspect.
I feel sorry for the family that now has to cope with the lies this woman told them on top of the fact she's under arrest for having lied about how she got shot.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If only it were dispassionate. But alas these are 12 people who typically had 12 or more years of indoctrination telling them America and it's representatives (police, military) can do no wrong. 12 years of praying to a flag every morning. One of my daughters social studies books one year actually said police make laws (I threw that book away) but this is what comes from that.

EXACTLY.

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not exactly. No one in America ever prays to a flag.
What do you call the pledge? I pledge allegiance to the flag, what kind of crap is that? If it's not a prayer I don't know how to describe it, it teaches our kids idolatry right from kindergarten on, after its taught it's renforced. One nation under God implies we must be right (as a country) no matter what. It's a wonder it's not concluded with Amen.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you call the pledge? I pledge allegiance to the flag, what kind of crap is that? If it's not a prayer I don't know how to describe it, it teaches our kids idolatry right from kindergarten on, after its taught it's renforced. One nation under God implies we must be right (as a country) no matter what. It's a wonder it's not concluded with Amen.

Not exactly. No one in America ever prays to a flag.

Oh, they most certainly do pray and pledge allegiance to the "flag." You can only have allegiance to one master, not 1.5, 2.34, or 3 masters. Only one.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, they most certainly do pray and pledge allegiance to the "flag." You can only have allegiance to one master, not 1.5, 2.34, or 3 masters. Only one.
Who wants a flag or the Republic for which it stands to be their master anyway, sounds like trouble.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who wants a flag or the Republic for which it stands to be their master anyway, sounds like trouble.

It certainly allows for things to be done on a reactionary level - with public approval - when the "flag" has been offended. Hence, the "false flag" tactic used to gain public support for an otherwise abominable action under the guise of an attack on the "flag/nation."

If I had to choose an "idol," I prefer mine to be Living (ahem.)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
The difference is between pledge and prayer.
And for those who are all for immigration and illegal aliens amnesty, realizing that immigrants who arrive in this country legally are required to renounce their allegiance to their home country and pledge allegiance to this one.

There is no prayer to the flag. There is pledging allegiance to your home country, which is as it should be if you're a citizen here and enjoy all the rights and privileges citizenship provides. It is not a matter of serving two masters. Jesus teachings were clear as to the difference. It is a matter of respect for your country.
No one prays to the flag. Learning the difference between a prayer and a pledge would help in not appearing to be so foolish as to think they are one and the same while propagating anti-American rhetoric that already accomplishes that end.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And for those who are all for immigration and illegal aliens amnesty, realizing that immigrants who arrive in this country legally are required to renounce their allegiance to their home country and pledge allegiance to this one.

There is no prayer to the flag. There is pledging allegiance to your home country, which is as it should be if you're a citizen here and enjoy all the rights and privileges citizenship provides. It is not a matter of serving two masters. Jesus teachings were clear as to the difference. It is a matter of respect for your country.
No one prays to the flag. Learning the difference between a prayer and a pledge would help in not appearing to be so foolish as to think they are one and the same while propagating anti-American rhetoric that already accomplishes that end.

Nothing wrong with the pledge if you are from 1942, or if you a character in a Franz Kafka book...

I am familiar with patriation and expatriation, but those are political moves, not cultural. The pledge of allegiance is more than a political agreement between self and a sovereign nation: it is a cultural vow.

God said you don't need to vow, or swear anything. Your yes and no is good enough; no need to swear, vow or pledge. That is cultural indoctrination.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

The private schools that people like Obama has been able to educate his daughters in would not have books like that.

And yet, this is the kinds of schools that Democrats insist that those without means are limited to sending their own children to.

Weird, eh?

Well people without means supply the votes that have kept people, like, say, the Democratic city government of Houston that has been in power for the past 40 or so years, but it is union dues that pay the bills.

Make no doubt about it, Democratic politicians very much love such a passionate analysis of the situation. They love that people follow the white hot passions burning within their hearts, and not hold the politicians accountable for the kinds of public schools mandated by them, that nevertheless serve the unions so well.

Still, a dispassionate look at the numbers might give a different kind of picture, and lead to some questions of why it is in a country that spends the most on education, like America does, so little is provided back in return.

But that is an issue for the schools that you send your kids to, and not an issue that affects Obama personally, or me for that matter.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What hasn't been mentioned yet is, this woman lied to her family about this incident too. Her daughter thought her mother had been shot by a suspect.

I feel sorry for the family that now has to cope with the lies this woman told them on top of the fact she's under arrest for having lied about how she got shot.

What she has done is pretty despicable isn't it?

I am pretty sure that the preponderance of people in America and in the world even would agree.

It is kind of like that woman who drove her kids into the lake, and told everyone that a black guy stole her car.

Nobody rallies around these kinds of lies.

That is not true of figures like Al Sharpton. His career was launched on exploiting race relations with such lies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Allegiance to any nation state is foolish, self ownership is a much better notion. I have no anti- American rhetoric, but I do have anti Amerikan facts. If the bible is the inspired word of God, and i believe it is, it is quite clear that no one can serve 2 masters, it also talks about idol worship in several places, and having false gods. The statist who CLAIMS Jesus is attempting to serve 2 masters, those who pledge to inanimate objects are worshiping idols, and those who hold the state in high esteem are worshiping other gods. Talk about foolish.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0