Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's supposed to be. Whether it is or not is arguable.
The fact that this police officer is being punished refutes those arguments.
That is, to the extent that facts matter, which is less and less the case in modern discourse.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

And yet justice is served. It's bad for police already. Hopefully this will at least let reasonable people realize police aren't above the law.
This is an anomaly, and the evil doer has yet to actually be convicted, cops in general are above the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact that this police officer is being punished refutes those arguments.
That is, to the extent that facts matter, which is less and less the case in modern discourse.
One officer being charged (not punished) for one of the criminal acts in their career, equates to justice, I think not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
The jury system that routinely convicts innocent people on the say so of cops and prosecuters, of all the things one could have faith in that's low on the list.
Routinely? That's a stretch. You'd have to show the numbers to make that allegation valid I'd think.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
One officer being charged (not punished) for one of the criminal acts in their career, equates to justice, I think not.
You want the whole department to be charged because one police officer shot herself?
Is that justice, in your point of view?

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
White people blaming imaginary black people for crimes is nothing new.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...be-arrested-for-claiming-a-black-man-shot-her

But, for some reason this will still be a surprise to many on these forums... a shock.

And, many will still be unable to understand how things like this, and minorities claiming injustices are connected.

I am more surprised this cop was found out so quickly. Usually they would let the falsely accused rot.

I am now just waiting for people to say the imaginary guy had a weapon, was on drugs, is a pimp, thug, or just a lazy excuse of a sprite that made the cop fear for her life and shoot herself.

It will happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You want the whole department to be charged because one police officer shot herself?
Is that justice, in your point of view?

The whole department should be charged for their corruption.

You know that person wasnt saying the entire department should suffer her consequences. For this one expose, there are 100 other cases of police corruption and lies.

The undercover police department depends on soft lies, and deceit. In Houston, the entire HPD was found guilty of corruption - which is huge.

Minorities aren't just making up the injustices police deliver. But, when minorities are the old target, aND everyone else becomes a target, then it will all of a sudden a problem. (This is akin to how crack has been a problem in minority neighborhoods for decades, but heroine is considered a national disaster because it is leaking into the suburban city limits.)

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Routinely? That's a stretch. You'd have to show the numbers to make that allegation valid I'd think.
Of 492 cases the Innocence Project has worked on 344 have been exonerated 148 have been shown to be actually guilty. Now this is hardly exhaustive but it's not like the government is going to show statistics on how bad the system is. I belive this to be indicative of our injustice system, and these are people convicted by a jury of their peers.

Upvote 0