NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scriptures are the words of His Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit is only the printed scriptures, then why do you produce YouTube videos? Do you say more than just reading the bible on those videos? Or do you say things that the Holy Spirit gave to you?

First, they say that the common person is too uneducated to read the bible and a translation in the vernacular is wrong.
Then, they say that THEY have special revelation to interpret scripture.
Then, they sell indulgences. When will your YouTube channel start selling indulgences?

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Holy Spirit is only the printed scriptures, then why do you produce YouTube videos? Do you say more than just reading the bible on those videos? Or do you say things that the Holy Spirit gave to you?

First, they say that the common person is too uneducated to read the bible and a translation in the vernacular is wrong.
Then, they sell indulgences. When will your YouTube channel start selling indulgences?

I'm not sure where you read the words "only the printed scriptures" in my post. Yes, the Spirit does speak through people still. But He does not contradict Himself from what He said in the scriptures.

As far as my YouTube videos, I do try to connect the dots for people in scripture. It isn't because I think they could never do it themselves though, just that I want to help those who have difficulty or for whatever reason haven't looked into those things.

And no, the scriptures themselves are above my own interpretation of them. That is why I try to let them interpret themselves, rather than trying to make them fit my own ideas. You have no idea the amount of things I have had to change my mind on (that I didn't want to).

And as far as selling things, I do not want to sell the word of God. At the same time I can not produce things such as paper books and such without money. This gets into a whole other subject of how the Bible says money should be handled in ministry and it is outside the scope of this thread.

But no, I have no desire to sell the word of God. In fact, I have plans to even take the donation page on my site down lest someone get the wrong idea. Not because people giving to ministers of the gospel is wrong, but because some people don't seem to be able to tell the difference between buying the gospel and giving willingly to support those who preach it.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To deny truth, however devastating it seems to faith, is to deny Him who sent the truth.

Thus I do not deny His truth. And truth is absolute. It may not be simple and easy to understand, but it is always firm and unmovable without any darkness in it.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which version?

You know, this is an issue rarely understood. When you want to kill a rat, you don't give them a bowl of poison. You give them 99% good food with only 1% poison.

All of the modern versions I have read have 99% good food. Meaning almost all of it came from the Spirit. But there is still that 1% that did not. So you have two options.

You can:

A) Eat only from something with 100% good food (which I have found the KJV to have this)

or

B) Eat only the 99% of good food from the other versions and switch to the KJV for the other 1%.

I have found that both a and b are good.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
You know, this is an issue rarely understood. When you want to kill a rat, you don't give them a bowl of poison. You give them 99% good food with only 1% poison.

All of the modern versions I have read have 99% good food. Meaning almost all of it came from the Spirit. But there is still that 1% that did not. So you have two options.

You can:

A) Eat only from something with 100% good food (which I have found the KJV to have this)

or

B) Eat only the 99% of good food from the other versions and switch to the KJV for the other 1%.

Hooeey!

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

First I think your response to Jbearnolimits was unfair in your inference but fair to consider what our utterances are outside of the scriptures themselves.
Let see; the logical outside of reading and quoting the scriptures is what one would call a witness and testimony, that is obvious and axiomatic, I just wonder what would bring you to make an argument base on that assertion against someone to be using their witness as something nefarious as trying to profit. Very veiled but maybe you didn't really know what you were inferring.

BTW I found it interesting how you equated the printed scriptures to the Holy Spirit which was not what jbearnolimits was saying but interesting enough I found it to be true.
Funny how things find there way to the top!

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Forgive me, do the newer versions say the same thing as the KJV in all verses? I have actually read many different verses and compared them to see that some are reworded in a way that totally changes the meaning of the verse.

So if one says one thing and another says something different, why should we believe they are the same?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

You can:

or

I agree and disagree; and must say I use to think the same way.
Yes the King James Bible is 100% good food.
So I might add that 10 pounds of wheat with 1% poison is 100% poison.

Reactions: jbearnolimits
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I agree and disagree; and must say I use to think the same way.
Yes the King James Bible is 100% good food.
So I might add that 10 pounds of wheat with 1% poison is 100% poison.

that sure makes a lot of sense. however, have you looked for a church (a lot of posters have looked and looked and looked and looked and looked....)
or synagogue or meeting gathering
where they do better ?

perhaps that's why Yhvh in His Wisdom said man's wisdom is foolishness, and to TEST EVERYTHING. not TEST SOME THINGS. but TEST EVERYTHING.

thankfully with all praise to YHVH , as YESHUA PROCLAIMED "THANKS BE TO YOU FATHER, "
for revealing YOUR SALVATION and everything pertaining to Salvation
to b a b e s , for thus it was YOUR GOOD PLEASURE.

footnote: the widow who put her LIFE SAVINGS in the collection plate. (she put in everything that she had to live on).
and Yeshua said her faith would be talked about all over the world(or wherever).....
Who do you reckon she put her faith in ? (you do realize, she likely had NO written books to read at all, if she could read is very unlikely)
is anyone today having that kind of faith ?
(i'll bet that widow didn't play any video games, ever; nor watch any movies nor television nor maybe any sports events. she watched intently the face of YHVH, and relied on HIM)

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Forgive me, do the newer versions say the same thing as the KJV in all verses? I have actually read many different verses and compared them to see that some are reworded in a way that totally changes the meaning of the verse.

So if one says one thing and another says something different, why should we believe they are the same?

The KJV is NOT the standard by which other English Translations are judged.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
that sure makes a lot of sense. however, have you looked for a church (a lot of posters have looked and looked and looked and looked and looked....)
or synagogue or meeting gathering
where they do better ?

perhaps that's why Yhvh in His Wisdom said man's wisdom is foolishness, and to TEST EVERYTHING. not TEST SOME THINGS. but TEST EVERYTHING.

thankfully with all praise to YHVH , as YESHUA PROCLAIMED "THANKS BE TO YOU FATHER, "
for revealing YOUR SALVATION and everything pertaining to Salvation
to b a b e s , for thus it was YOUR GOOD PLEASURE.

footnote: the widow who put her LIFE SAVINGS in the collection plate. (she put in everything that she had to live on).
and Yeshua said her faith would be talked about all over the world(or wherever).....
Who do you reckon she put her faith in ? (you do realize, she likely had NO written books to read at all, if she could read is very unlikely)
is anyone today having that kind of faith ?
(i'll bet that widow didn't play any video games, ever; nor watch any movies nor television nor maybe any sports events. she watched intently the face of YHVH, and relied on HIM)

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Obviously the widow faith came from hearing the scriptures as it was a practice to read the scriptures aloud in the synagogue: but God did promise a pure language to come after Christ resurrection.
After all God did say; that in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: the inference was the method would be through the word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Obviously the widow faith came from hearing the scriptures as it was a practice to read the scriptures aloud in the synagogue: but God did promise a pure language to come after Christ resurrection......

no such inference is necessary, indicated, nor accepted.

the wall between Jew and gentile was brought down in Yeshua HaMashiach.
for a wonderful look-see , look up "union" as in union with Abba in Yeshua, united as one in Him, one with Him,
(rarely seen, no argument there. gentiles almost never get it)

(btw, the pure language(being restored) is Hebrew.)

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
no such inference is necessary, indicated, nor accepted.

the wall between Jew and gentile was brought down in Yeshua HaMashiach.
for a wonderful look-see , look up "union" as in union with Abba in Yeshua, united as one in Him, one with Him,
(rarely seen, no argument there. gentiles almost never get it)

(btw, the pure language(being restored) is Hebrew.)

No it's not, Hebrew is a confounded language use only to bring in the pure language. It is unscriptural to say Hebrew is the pure language, the King James Bible holds the pure language and it is not a English translation in the prevalent.

I notice that Jewish Christians generally can still be quite confused about spiritual matters, nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "pure language" is the language of the Holy Spirit. It is the language that our soul uses to converse with the Holy Spirit that resides inside each of us. It's not any language that can be written down, because that language is constrained by human language.

Without the Holy Spirit that gives us understanding the printed bibles are nothing but paper and ink. Every single version is the same.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The "pure language" is the language of the Holy Spirit. It is the language that our soul uses to converse with the Holy Spirit that resides inside each of us. It's not any language that can be written down, because that language is constrained by human language.

Without the Holy Spirit that gives us understanding the printed bibles are nothing but paper and ink. Every single version is the same.

Since you use Holy Spirit in such a wild matter it would hard to reason with you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No it's not, Hebrew is a confounded language use only to bring in the pure language. It is unscriptural to say Hebrew is the pure language, the King James Bible holds the pure language and it is not a English translation in the prevalent.

I notice that Jewish Christians generally can still be quite confused about spiritual matters, nothing new under the sun.

Yhvh's spoken. Hebrew is the pure language.
it is written, (so be in awe),
whoever , anyone, who tries to bring harm to Yhvh's people, Yhvh curses.
whoever, anyone, who tries to help Yhvh's people, Yhvh blesses.
Yhvh has the final say. no one is able to oppose Him and succeed.
Yhvh is Perfect. Yeshua is Perfect. listen to Him.

Upvote 0