Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something just occurred to me.

I've mentioned this before, but whenever I send folks blessings since the overhaul here months ago, I rarely get a thank you.
It's been miffing me no end!

But today I realised you all thought you had thanked me...

When we get a PM saying we have blessings and who sent them, there's a box underneath that looks like the reply box.

BUT IT ISN'T! :eek:

WHY do they put that there?! :doh:

If you say thanks Sue and hit that button, your message will disappear forever into cyberspace, and I won't know you got your blessings and wrote to me.

Not only that, but within your reply you may have told me something really, really important that required a reply, or asked for prayer, and now you wonder why I'm so rude and uncaring as to ignore you. :sorry:

So...this is what you do...

Copy and paste the name from the blessings message, go to the list on the left of your screen, where it says "send new message" and paste the person into that.

Now, everybody's happy. :D

(But really sad now that I have almost certainly missed many thank you's and sweet messages from friends here because of this weird flaw in the system. :o )

Reactions: heron

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I've mentioned this before, but whenever I send folks blessings since the overhaul here months ago, I rarely get a thank you.

Every gift has its price.

Try sending them anonymously.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
How odd. Maybe they're shy!

It is not about being shy. It is about recognising that blessings do not belong to us, they are on loan. Why thank me/whoever, when I was given them freely myself? :)

Just about every blessing I have ever given has gone anonymously. I think only once I included my name, because there was a specific message to go with them, but not otherwise.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not about being shy. It is about recognising that blessings do not belong to us, they are on loan. Why thank me/whoever, when I was given them freely myself? :)

Just about every blessing I have ever given has gone anonymously. I think only once I included my name, because there was a specific message to go with them, but not otherwise.

I see your point, but it's a nice way to show someone you care, and I feel it can be encouraging to know who sent them. It's also a friendly way to say hi and keep in touch with folks you like but don't have much conversation with generally. Anon ones are good too though! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I used to send everybody thanks for reps and blessings, but I started getting notes back that seemed annoyed over the extra mail to read. Apparently not everyone wants to be thanked.

I think it's unnerving to send someone something and not know if they got it -- it's not the point of wanting to be thanked, but wanting to make sure communications got through, like when people don't respond to emails.

Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I usually use the 'reply' button when thanking for blessings received. And I check that the sender's name is in the address box, not the eponymous ChrisBot (
rip.gif
)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have sent many thank you's and it just sits and spins and does not go through.

Another reason people may not send thank yous is because the board loads so slow that they just click off and go on - I have done it many times. It is not that I am unappreciative - but sometimes things just don't work right.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

But today I realised you all thought you had thanked me...

When we get a PM saying we have blessings and who sent them, there's a box underneath that looks like the reply box.

BUT IT ISN'T! :eek:

WHY do they put that there?! :doh:

If you say thanks Sue and hit that button, your message will disappear forever into cyberspace, and I won't know you got your blessings and wrote to me.

Not only that, but within your reply you may have told me something really, really important that required a reply, or asked for prayer, and now you wonder why I'm so rude and uncaring as to ignore you. :sorry:

So...this is what you do...

Copy and paste the name from the blessings message, go to the list on the left of your screen, where it says "send new message" and paste the person into that.

Now, everybody's happy. :D

(But really sad now that I have almost certainly missed many thank you's and sweet messages from friends here because of this weird flaw in the system. :o )

OK

send me some blessings.

I will paste you and thank you.:D

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to send everybody thanks for reps and blessings, but I started getting notes back that seemed annoyed over the extra mail to read. Apparently not everyone wants to be thanked.

Must admit I rarely thank people for reps for that reason - some folks said it was weird of me to thank them! :o

I think it's unnerving to send someone something and not know if they got it -- it's not the point of wanting to be thanked, but wanting to make sure communications got through, like when people don't respond to emails.

Me too. I just feel left I'm hanging there and wondering. :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Lord is my Banner - I received notice of the Blessings you sent - which will help explain why some people do not get thanked-

I went to check my notification of e-mail - it says I can read the transaction in my transaction log - where is it - I looked all over for it - so if you said something that needs a reply - I can't find it.

I also had 14 other people that had sent me Blessings that I did not get notification of - so there are 14 people who did not receive thank yous also.

I take this opportunity to thank all of you and it was a surprise to find all those this morning -

It takes so long to click through on your e-mail - then wait for it to come up - then click on the response and wait for it to come up - then click on the reply and wait for it to come up - type it and wait for it to go through (if it does) sometimes it just spins and does nothing, so please everyone - don't take it personal if you do not receive a thank you - people are usually in a hurry when they stop in and just don't have the time or patience to wait for all the pages to load.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It takes so long to click through on your e-mail - then wait for it to come up - then click on the response and wait for it to come up - then click on the reply and wait for it to come up - type it and wait for it to go through (if it does) sometimes it just spins and does nothing, so please everyone - don't take it personal if you do not receive a thank you - people are usually in a hurry when they stop in and just don't have the time or patience to wait for all the pages to load.

Glad you got blessed by so many folks! :)

I'll be more understanding now I know - I must admit I hadn't thought about those with slower computers/connections, nor the possibility of having 14 to reply to at once!

(And no, I didn't say anything in the accompanying message other than "Be blessed!")

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.