Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2006
Turkey
✟22,421.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Good post. A very Christian answer also!
Really? So I'm getting more christian day by day here.I must visit the Islamic forums more often :yum:

Jocking apart, this is an Islamic answer also.Thier religion in heaven/paradise or whatever place it was, was the very basic of Islam.The faith in the Lordship of Allah and seeking to keep His order.And their story is the very basic story of a muslim.We have faith in the Lordship of Allah which is the most important part.If we lose this, we get out of the religion which results with the eternal damnation.And we also seek to keep His orders but all of us,at least almost all of us fall into the traps of Shaitan, just like Adam and Eve did.The second part of the story starts here.Adam and Eve were punished because of their wrong deed but they repented because they went on seeking God's will.They didn't lost their faith/strenght and then Allah forgave them.

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
"Adam and Eve" in history confuses me. The account in Genesis is linked to how many generations back? How can this reflect 154,000 to 160,000 years ago?

The Genesis lineage was never meant to be used for a creation date.

Further, the evidence today shows that modern man came from a common male and female circa 100,000 years ago...a drastic change from the orders of magnitude changes that evolutionists claimed a mere decade ago...

Again...the Bible rings true...

Upvote 0

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The Genesis lineage was never meant to be used for a creation date.
Once they reach back to Adam and Eve where could they go from there on back in that lineage? Again I think the beginning book of the Bible present thier concepts as geographically related. Adam, Abraham, Noah, Lot thinking they are the first peoples on Earth and attributing acts of nature to God fashion thier beliefs passing down this information over time.

Do scholars find the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is a more ancient creation Ledgend, a possible source used by the Scribes of Genises?

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
Once they reach back to Adam and Eve where could they go from there on back in that lineage?

Adam & Eve were the first modern humans, from which we are all descended.

All bipedal hominids are separate species apart from homo sapiens sapiens.

Thus, the buck stops at Adam & Eve...as far as distance...

Further, "Y" male chromosomal traits appear to not go as far back as the female mitochondrial traits due to the flood in which all humans, from that point forward, are genetically derived from the men aboard Noah's ark.

We can see the paradigm shift that science has already taken when they go from millions of years of "supposed human evolution" down to just tens of thousands of years.

The Holy Bible has been right all along...

Again I think the beginning book of the Bible present thier concepts as geographically related.

Indeed geography plays a large part...

Do scholars find the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is a more ancient creation Ledgend, a possible source used by the Scribes of Genises?

More than 200 distinct flood stories abound in the lore of ancient civilizations, just as creation stories also do. More than 85% of these stories mention a large vessel that saved the human race from extinction.

If indeed the Biblical Genesis account is correct, then I would predict that there would be numerous flood stories from nearly every culture on this planet. That is indeed what we see today.

In general, the greater the story’s distance (in time and geography) from Mesopotamia, the greater the distortion relative to both the Biblical record (Gen 6-9) and the established scientific record. As with creation accounts, the least scientifically distorted, of the non-biblical accounts, is the Babylonian one.

The same Library of Ashurbanipal that contained the Babylonian creation story, also contained the Babylonian Flood story, the Gilgamesh Epic, a lengthy poem like the Enuma Elish. Like the Enuma Elish, the Gilgamesh Epic seems to be a reworking of the apparently older Atra-hasis Epic of Old Babylon.

The Flood poem more closely resembles its Genesis counterpart than does the creation poem. It describes the building of a large multi-story ship sealed with pitch or tar. Like Noah of Genesis, Utnapishtim of the Gilgamesh Epic, boards the ship with his whole family. The Gilgamesh Epic, like the Genesis Flood, destroys all humanity except those on board the ship, and its waters come mostly from a furious rainstorm.

Here the similarities end. The ark of Genesis had a stable shape for flotation. Utnapishtim’s cubical ship would be neither seaworthy nor water stable. The rain of the Gilgamesh account lasts only six days, and instead of rescuing eight people and pairs of all the bird and mammal species associated with humanity aboard his boat, Utnapishtim is said to have ferried all his kinsmen, all his societies craftsmen, all the cattle and beasts of the field, and the seed of all living things.

The poem differs most profoundly from the Genesis account in its portrayal of the power(s) behind the flood. The gods of Gilgamesh send the Flood not to protect mankind from its own evil, but to destroy mankind for no apparent reason. Their action is arbitrary. Once the Flood is underway, the gods flee in terror to the upper reaches of heaven, where they crouch in fear like dogs. Then, the Flood suddenly ends, in a manner of hours.

The Gilgamesh gods, like those of the Enuma Elish, seem obvious human constructs. They manifest ignorance, weakness, fear, and other human foibles. This difference and the obvious departure from scientific plausibility separate the Gilgamesh Epic from the Genesis Flood Account, which stand all the more distinctly alone. The Epic’s very existence, however, lends additional credence to the Genesis Account.

The question is which one is correct? Which one is the original? Which account has the most evidence going for it?

The Holy Bible.

reference: rtb

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone.
Before I start commenting on your answers, I would like to put verses from the Holy Quran that tell about Adam's story:
Surah 2. The Cow

30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."
31. And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the nature of these if ye are right."
32. They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."
33. He said: "O Adam! Tell them their natures." When he had told them, Allah said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"
34. And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.
35. We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."
36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."
37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
38. We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. 39. "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

Surah 7. The Heights

10. It is We Who have placed you with authority on earth, and provided you therein with means for the fulfilment of your life: small are the thanks that ye give!
11. It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down.
12. ((Allah)) said: "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."
13. ((Allah)) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)."
14. He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up."
15. ((Allah)) said: "Be thou among those who have respite."
16. He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:
17. "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)."
18. ((Allah)) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee,- Hell will I fill with you all.
19. "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."
20. Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."
21. And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.
22. So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"
23. They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."
24. ((Allah)) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time."
25. He said: "Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last)."
26. O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition! 27. O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.

Surah 15. Al-hijr, Stoneland, Rock City

26. We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;
27. And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind.
28. Behold! thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape;
29. "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."
30. So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:
31. Not so Iblis: he refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.
32. ((Allah)) said: "O Iblis! what is your reason for not being among those who prostrated themselves?"
33. (Iblis) said: "I am not one to prostrate myself to man, whom Thou didst create from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape."
34. ((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here; for thou art rejected, accursed.
35. "And the curse shall be on thee till the day of Judgment."
36. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."
37. ((Allah)) said: "Respite is granted thee
38. "Till the Day of the Time appointed."
39. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,-
40. "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."
41. ((Allah)) said: "This (way of My sincere servants) is indeed a way that leads straight to Me.
42. "For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee."
43. And verily, Hell is the promised abode for them all!
44. To it are seven gates: for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners) assigned.
45. The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear-flowing water).
46. (Their greeting will be): "Enter ye here in peace and security."
47. And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury: (they will be) brothers (joyfully) facing each other on thrones (of dignity).
48. There no sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave.
49. Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful; 50. And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Surah 17. Isra', The Night Journey, Children Of Israel

60. Behold! We told thee that thy Lord doth encompass mankind round about: We granted the vision which We showed thee, but as a trial for men,- as also the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Qur'an: We put terror (and warning) into them, but it only increases their inordinate transgression!
61. Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"
62. He said: "Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!"
63. ((Allah)) said: "Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all)- an ample recompense.
64. "Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. 65. "As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.

Surah 18. The Cave

50. Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers! 51. I called them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth, nor (even) their own creation: nor is it for Me to take as helpers such as lead (men) astray!

And in the following Surah you can see that Adam had a religion and a message to carry but he forgot and had no firm resolve.

Surah 20. Ta-ha

115. We had already, beforehand, taken the covenant of Adam, but he forgot: and We found on his part no firm resolve.
116. When We said to the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam", they prostrated themselves, but not Iblis: he refused.

117. Then We said: "O Adam! verily, this is an enemy to thee and thy wife: so let him not get you both out of the Garden, so that thou art landed in misery.
118. "There is therein (enough provision) for thee not to go hungry nor to go naked,
119. "Nor to suffer from thirst, nor from the sun's heat."
120. But Satan whispered evil to him: he said, "O Adam! shall I lead thee to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that never decays?"
121. In the result, they both ate of the tree, and so their nakedness appeared to them: they began to sew together, for their covering, leaves from the Garden: thus did Adam disobey his Lord, and allow himself to be seduced.
122. But his Lord chose him (for His Grace): He turned to him, and gave him Guidance.
123. He said: "Get ye down, both of you,- all together, from the Garden, with enmity one to another: but if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me, whosoever follows My Guidance, will not lose his way, nor fall into misery.

In the middle of my search I found these verses to prove that the Holy Book was inspired to prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) and Allah said that the prophet didn't read the Holy Book and he didn't write it because he can't read and can't write.

Surah 29. The Spider

45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.
46. And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
47. And thus (it is) that We have sent down the Book to thee. So the People of the Book believe therein, as also do some of these (pagan Arabs): and none but Unbelievers reject our signs.
48. And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: In that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted.
49. Nay, here are Signs self-evident in the hearts of those endowed with knowledge: and none but the unjust reject Our Signs.
50. Ye they say: "Why are not Signs sent down to him from his Lord?" Say: "The signs are indeed with Allah. and I am indeed a clear Warner."
51. And is it not enough for them that we have sent down to thee the Book which is rehearsed to them? Verily, in it is Mercy and a Reminder to those who believe. 52. Say: "Enough is Allah for a witness between me and you: He knows what is in the heavens and on earth. And it is those who believe in vanities and reject Allah, that will perish (in the end).
Surah 38. Sad, (the Letter) Sad ( S )

71. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay:
72. "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."
73. So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:
74. Not so Iblis: he was haughty, and became one of those who reject Faith.
75. ((Allah)) said: "O Iblis! What prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with my hands? Art thou haughty? Or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?"
76. (Iblis) said: "I am better than he: thou createdst me from fire, and him thou createdst from clay."
77. ((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here: for thou art rejected, accursed.
78. "And My curse shall be on thee till the Day of Judgment."
79. (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."
80. ((Allah)) said: "Respite then is granted thee-
81. "Till the Day of the Time Appointed."
82. (Iblis) said: "Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong,-
83. "Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."
84. ((Allah)) said: "Then it is just and fitting- and I say what is just and fitting-
85. "That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those that follow thee,- every one."
86. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this (Qur'an), nor am I a pretender.
87. "This is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds. 88. "And ye shall certainly know the truth of it (all) after a while."

To Be Continued Insha Allah.

Upvote 0

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Thus, the buck stops at Adam & Eve...

I appreciate your research and insites you share!

So Eve is the ancient mother of all peoples? This can be documented not by religious texts alone but by scientific research in this field?

I'm interested in this type material and can confirm I have encountered the same theory. DNA takes this further, it's no longer an imaginary story but a proven fact we are descended from a single mother.

I hope those more familar than me with this type of scientific research would write about the mother of us all.

Upvote 0

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green
GeorgeTwo wrote:
If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God, then we would all have been born in the Garden. We are not, so we suffer the consequences of Adam and Eve's sin.

Response:
Instead of condemning Adam and Eve for their alleged "sin" they deserve our gratitude, or would you prefer living in a garden without any understanding of right and wrong, good and bad? Not having any awareness of God's love and goodness?

Besides living in a garden with no challenges to conquer for millions of years would be kind of boring, but no, actually it would represent a state of spiritual death.

Kutte

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
ApplePie7
Hi dnihila,

First of all, the "Allah" of the Quran is not the God of the Holy Bible.

Secondly, the Quranic "Allah" never once states, in the first-person singular, that he created anything at all...much less Adam & Eve...

Hi ApplePie7,
There must be a proof to say that the Creator Allah is not the One in the Holy Book and you didn't mention your evidence. And if you mean prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) that he is a god. He is not cause Allah/God is not born and He has no mother and no father. He also has no son or daughter.

Who do you think that "Muhammad" was/is....?
If you are talking about a regular Muhammed then there are many Muslims called Muhammed after prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him). But if you are talking about prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) then you are talking about the person who was inspired by Allah/ God and was given the Holy Quran which includes the Holy Book as the last prophet.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
We write the serpents name as allah
This is to give him the respect that he deserves...

We as Muslims and lovers of Peace as one name of Allah's 99 names.
We talk about what we already have and we talk about what we know.
In return we are expecting everyone to talk about what they know but they should never try to mix knowledge among both sides.
You have your ingredients and we have ours to make the dish edible every side should try to keep the spices aside as a choice for the eater to make up his/her mind if they want to add some falvor to the food.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Triple AAA...

In Hebrew his name is "abaddon".

In Greek his name is "apollyn".

In Arabic his name is "Allah".

You told us many information about what you know and I would like to correct a mistake that you made by not using the upper case A for Allah.

Upvote 0

layalee

Jan 13, 2008
✟7,615.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I'm really glad that I ran into this posting thread. For the past couple days I also been wondering about the original religion of mankind. It appears that all modern day organized religions have a start date way later then when Adam and Eve was put on earth. Knowing such a fact makes me want to know in what ways does the religion I follow compare in anyway to the religious practices of the begining people.

From what I believe, Abraham is the 'father' of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. If one follow the family line tree from the Bible, one can see that Abraham has a direct line to Adam. In my opinion its worth having a bit of knowledge of his ancestors because these indivduals would have a impact on his traditions and view of the world in general. So that leads me wondering what beliefs did his ancestors have? Did the majority of his family leading up to his birth all have monotheist beliefs?

In what way has his Abraham ancestors affected the great impact that Abraham has had on the three relgions I named!?

Going back to Adam and Eve I can think of but two major duties they had while on earth. Develop the land and start civilization ( which I can imagine took alot of effort during their life time) and follow all of God commands.

So what were these commands?
Could the world ever know?
Is the specific commands important for mankind to know today? Or would the general meanings and wisdom beyond the commands/laws is what is really more important?

For all the prophets the world has had, regardless if their beliefs are Islamic, Christian, or Jewish- isn't it safe to say that there main goal was to help and guide the people in understanding that God is the highest power that we should submit to and worship throughout our lives on earth.
For all the differences that the Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have- could the one common belief factor that they all carry be enough to save us from the hell fire?

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
layalee
user_offline.gif

I am happy to see your post her in this page and I am happy to know people like you and have the chance to talk to them.
Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
ApplePie7
Hi dnihila,

First of all, the "Allah" of the Quran is not the God of the Holy Bible.

Secondly, the Quranic "Allah" never once states, in the first-person singular, that he created anything at all...much less Adam & Eve...

Hi ApplePie7,
There must be a proof to say that the Creator Allah is not the One in the Holy Book and you didn't mention your evidence.

Take a look at this evidence...

A counterfeit god

Repeatedly throughout the Koran, the term “allah” is used in lieu of original Biblical deity.

In order to grasp what has occurred, we must first define what “allah” means.

Observing the classic definition for the Koranic god “allah”…

الله= “allah”

“allah” definition:

Written with the disjunctive alif, meaning God, i.e. the only true god, according to the most correct of the opinions respecting it. It is a proper name to the Being who exists necessarily, by Himself, comprising all of the attributes of perfection; a proper name denoting the true god (TA), comprising all the excellent divine names; a unity comprising all of the essences of existing things; the “al” being inseparable from it; not derived.

It comes from the root “ilaha” (alif-lam-ha), which means he served, worshipped, or adored; to adore, worship, deify any one, call any one god. He was, or became, confounded, or perplexed, and unable to see his right course. An object of worship or adoration; i.e. a god, a deity; anything that is taken as an object of worship or adoration, according to him that takes it as such. It signifies the goddess; and particularly the serpent; because it was a special object of worship of some of the ancient Arabs; or the great serpent; and the new moon.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 82 - 83
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, pp. 28 - 29

Key points from the classic Arabic definition:

• “allah” is referred to as a lower-case “god”
  • Defined as “a proper name denoting the true god, comprising all the excellent divine names; a unity comprising all the essence of existing things.” As we have already witnessed time and again, the god “allah” of the Koran is being cloaked with the divine names and attributes already given to the true Biblical God, Jesus Christ
  • The term “allah” is derived from the root “ilaha”, which means “he was, or became, confounded, or perplexed, and unable to see his right course.”This is the same exact description that the Greek verb “planao” tells us regarding the devil in the Book of Revelation
  • The root “ilaha” also means to “worship, deify any one, call any one god”
· The root “ilaha” means idol worship via the definition “An object of worship or adoration; i.e. a god, a deity; anything that is taken as an object of worship or adoration, according to him that takes it as such.”

• Finally, and most important, the root “ilaha” (the very origin of the word “allah” itself) means” the serpent; or the great serpent”

It is crystal clear, from the very etymology of the word “allah” itself, that this is a description of Satan, himself.

It is little wonder that the “allah” of the Koran is incapable of the following…

• Unable to state in the first-person singular that he created anything
  • Unable to state in the first-person singular that he is the First and the Last
  • Unable to state anywhere in the entire Koran that it is divinely inspired

Clearly…

The Triune Creator God of the Holy Bible is the true God.

Jesus Christ is the one true God.

The god of the Koran is no more than a pagan Arab god dressed-up to look like the Biblical God.

“Allah”, as the great serpent, is expressed here rather dramatically…

إن شانئك هو الأبتر

Inna shani-aka huwa al-abtaru

108.3 Truly your hater and enemy, he, the serpent.

And if you mean prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) that he is a god. He is not cause Allah/God is not born and He has no mother and no father. He also has no son or daughter.

The authors of the Koran state quite clearly that Jesus Christ is God.

Who do you think that "Muhammad" was/is....?
If you are talking about a regular Muhammed then there are many Muslims called Muhammed after prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him). But if you are talking about prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) then you are talking about the person who was inspired by Allah/ God and was given the Holy Quran which includes the Holy Book as the last prophet.

The Koranic "Muhammad" refers to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
Allah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Protection_policy#semi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Allah-eser.jpg
Name of Allāh written in Arabic calligraphy by 17th century Ottoman artist Hâfız Osman

For other uses, see Allah (disambiguation).
This article is about the Arabic word "Allah". For the Islamic conception of God, see God in Islam.
ArabicاللهTransliterationAllāhTranslationGodAllah (Arabic: الله, Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh]) is the standard Arabic word for "God".[1] While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".[2][1][3] The term was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[4]
The concepts associated with the term Allah (as a deity) differ among the traditions. In pre-Islamic Arabia amongst pagan Arabs, Allah was not the sole divinity, having associates and companions, sons and daughters, a concept strongly opposed by Islam. In Islam, Allah is the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name. All other divine names are believed to refer back to the one God.[5] Allah is unique, the only God, transcendent creator of the universe and omnipotent.[2][1] Arab Christians today, having no other word for 'God' than Allah,[6] use terms such as Allāh al-Āb (الله الآب) "God the Father". There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Qur'an and the Hebrew Bible.[7]
Unicode has a codepoint reserved for Allāh, ﷲ = U+FDF2.[8] Many Arabic type fonts feature special ligatures for Allah.[9]

Etymology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Allahmedal.jpg
Medallion showing 'Allah' in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey.

The term Allāh is most likely derived from a contraction of the Arabic article al- and ʾilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).[4] Another theory traces the etymology of the word to the Aramaic Alāhā.[4] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[3] The corresponding Aramaic form is אֱלָהָא ˀĔlāhā in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ ˀAlâhâ or ˀĀlōho in Syriac.[10]
The contraction of al- and ʾilāh in forming the term Allāh (“the deity” in the masculine form) parallels the contraction of al- and ʾilāha in forming the term Allāt (“the deity” in the feminine form).[11]

Usage in Arabic

Pre-Islamic Arabia

In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[12] Allah was not the sole divinity and the notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah had associates and companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[13] Allah had sons[14] and the local deities of al-ʿUzzā, Manāt and al-Lāt were his daughters.[15] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[16][17] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[18][17] Muhammad's father name was ʿAbdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.”[17]

Muslims

Main article: God in Islam
Main article: 99_Names_of_God_in_the_Qur'an
In Islam, Allah is the name of the nameless God,[11] the pivot of the Muslim faith.[1] "He is the only God, transcendent creator of the universe, and the judge of humankind."[2][1] "He is unique (wahid) and inherently one (ahad), all-merciful and omnipotent."[1] The Qur'an insists upon "the reality of Allah, His inaccessible mystery, His various names, and His actions on behalf of His creatures."[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dcp7323-Edirne-Eski_Camii_Allah.jpg
Allah script outside Eski Cami (The Old Mosque) in Edirne, Turkey.

According to the tradition of Islam there are 99 Names of God (al-asma al-husna lit. meaning: "The best names") each of which evoke a distinct characteristic of Allah.[19][2] All these names refer to Allah, the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name.[5] Among the 99 names of God, the most famous and most frequent of these names are "the Merciful" (al-rahman) and "the Compassionate" (al-rahim).[19][2]
Most Muslims use the untranslated Arabic phrase "insha' Allah" (meaning "God willing") after references to future events.[20] Muslim discursive piety encourages beginning things with the invocation of "basmAllah".[21]
Muslims are recommended to repeat phrases like "Subhan-Allah" (Holiness be to God), "Ahlamdo-Lillah" (Praise be to God), "La-il-la-ha-il-Allah" (There is no deity but God) and "Allah-o-Akbar" (God is great) as a devotional exercise of remembering God (zikr).[22] In a Sufi practice known as zikr Allah (lit. remembrance of God), the Sufi repeats and contemplates on the name Allah or other divine names while controlling his or her breath.[23]

You mentioned the the first evidence with its references

but I am not sure about this line(It signifies the goddess; and particularly the serpent; because it was a special object of worship of some of the ancient Arabs; or the great serpent; and the new moon.)
So you have to check again.

The second evidence is not followed by a reference???
Would you please mention one.

To Be Continued

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
Allah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Name of Allāh written in Arabic calligraphy by 17th century Ottoman artist Hâfız Osman

For other uses, see Allah (disambiguation).
This article is about the Arabic word "Allah". For the Islamic conception of God, see God in Islam.
ArabicاللهTransliterationAllāhTranslationGodAllah (Arabic: الله, Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh]) is the standard Arabic word for "God".[1] While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".[2][1][3] The term was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia.[4]
The concepts associated with the term Allah (as a deity) differ among the traditions. In pre-Islamic Arabia amongst pagan Arabs, Allah was not the sole divinity, having associates and companions, sons and daughters, a concept strongly opposed by Islam. In Islam, Allah is the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name. All other divine names are believed to refer back to the one God.[5] Allah is unique, the only God, transcendent creator of the universe and omnipotent.[2][1] Arab Christians today, having no other word for 'God' than Allah,[6] use terms such as Allāh al-Āb (الله الآب) "God the Father". There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Qur'an and the Hebrew Bible.[7]
Unicode has a codepoint reserved for Allāh, ﷲ = U+FDF2.[8] Many Arabic type fonts feature special ligatures for Allah.[9]

Etymology

Medallion showing 'Allah' in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey.

The term Allāh is most likely derived from a contraction of the Arabic article al- and ʾilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).[4] Another theory traces the etymology of the word to the Aramaic Alāhā.[4] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[3] The corresponding Aramaic form is אֱלָהָא ˀĔlāhā in Biblical Aramaic and ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ ˀAlâhâ or ˀĀlōho in Syriac.[10]
The contraction of al- and ʾilāh in forming the term Allāh (“the deity” in the masculine form) parallels the contraction of al- and ʾilāha in forming the term Allāt (“the deity” in the feminine form).[11]

Usage in Arabic

Pre-Islamic Arabia

In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[12] Allah was not the sole divinity and the notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah had associates and companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[13] Allah had sons[14] and the local deities of al-ʿUzzā, Manāt and al-Lāt were his daughters.[15] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[16][17] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[18][17] Muhammad's father name was ʿAbdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.”[17]

Muslims

Main article: God in Islam
Main article: 99_Names_of_God_in_the_Qur'an
In Islam, Allah is the name of the nameless God,[11] the pivot of the Muslim faith.[1] "He is the only God, transcendent creator of the universe, and the judge of humankind."[2][1] "He is unique (wahid) and inherently one (ahad), all-merciful and omnipotent."[1] The Qur'an insists upon "the reality of Allah, His inaccessible mystery, His various names, and His actions on behalf of His creatures."[1]

Allah script outside Eski Cami (The Old Mosque) in Edirne, Turkey.

According to the tradition of Islam there are 99 Names of God (al-asma al-husna lit. meaning: "The best names") each of which evoke a distinct characteristic of Allah.[19][2] All these names refer to Allah, the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name.[5] Among the 99 names of God, the most famous and most frequent of these names are "the Merciful" (al-rahman) and "the Compassionate" (al-rahim).[19][2]
Most Muslims use the untranslated Arabic phrase "insha' Allah" (meaning "God willing") after references to future events.[20] Muslim discursive piety encourages beginning things with the invocation of "basmAllah".[21]
Muslims are recommended to repeat phrases like "Subhan-Allah" (Holiness be to God), "Ahlamdo-Lillah" (Praise be to God), "La-il-la-ha-il-Allah" (There is no deity but God) and "Allah-o-Akbar" (God is great) as a devotional exercise of remembering God (zikr).[22] In a Sufi practice known as zikr Allah (lit. remembrance of God), the Sufi repeats and contemplates on the name Allah or other divine names while controlling his or her breath.[23]

You mentioned the the first evidence with its references

but I am not sure about this line(It signifies the goddess; and particularly the serpent; because it was a special object of worship of some of the ancient Arabs; or the great serpent; and the new moon.)
So you have to check again.

The second evidence is not followed by a reference???
Would you please mention one.

To Be Continued

Looks like you already confirmed what we said..."allah" is fully rooted in pagan Arab idolatry.

What kind of a god has its roots in pagan god worship?

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
dnihila,

Now that your very own googled sources claim that "allah" was the same god as that of the pagan Arabs, you need to prove to us that the god "allah" of the Koran is anything other than that same pagan Arab god dressed up to look like the true Biblical creator God.

Have fun with that one...:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.