Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is most interesting watching both of you lay claim to the same evolution as "fact" assertion...and observing how worked-up you get when you are unable to google even one recent peer reviewed publication making this claim...;)

Try the challenge yourself by finding one peer-reviewed scientific paper thats been written in the last 3 yrs that says a round Earth is a fact.

There is no controversy in either subject about the validity of either. Its only intellectual bumpkins who know nothing of current theories who alledge otherwise.

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
Try the challenge yourself by finding one peer-reviewed scientific paper thats been written in the last 3 yrs that says a round Earth is a fact.

There is no controversy in either subject about the validity of either. Its only intellectual bumpkins who know nothing of current theories who alledge otherwise.

We will take this as an open admission that you cannot back-up your assertion.

Thanks...

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
I see you chose to ignore my links on the previous page. Your mutant like abilities at resisting the obvious is truly astounding.

Give us the best quote from your decade+ old googled website....a statement confirming that evolution is a fact...

Can you do this?

Or...

Is it easier to spend 30 seconds googling for your next reply...?;)

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We will take this as an open admission that you cannot back-up your assertion.

Thanks...

Considering that you have not backed up a SINGLE assertion you have made . . . . . .

We know that you will never let go of your ego and pride for wanting to be right at all costs.

Other people will be reading this diolog and they can decide for themselves if they find your "logic" persuasive or not.

I think your "logic" is a much better argument against Christianity then the most eloquent argument from an athiest.

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Give us the best quote from your decade+ old googled website....a statement confirming that evolution is a fact...

Can you do this?

Or...

Do you know what a fact is? Serious question.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Can you do this?

Or...

I see you've chosen to re-ignore my previous post about the proper language in science.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What Was the Religion of Adam and Eve?
Christ-ians? :)

Gene 3:24 And He is expelling the 'adam, and he causing to dwell from east to garden of Eden, the cherubim and flame of the sword, the one turning to guard/keep way of tree of the lives.

Gene 5:5 And they are becoming all of days of Adam which he lived, nine of hundreds year and-thirty year and he is dying [1 corin 15:22].

1 Corinthians 15:22 For just as in the adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all shall be being made alive. [Genesis 5:5]

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
I see you've chosen to re-ignore my previous post about the proper language in science.

Still waiting for you two to back-up your "evolution is fact" assertion with a recent peer reviewed publication stating the same...or...just to make it easier for you both....anything even remotely the same...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Still waiting for you two to back-up your "evolution is fact" assertion with a recent peer reviewed publication stating the same...or...just to make it easier for you both....anything even remotely the same...

Still waiting for you to demonstrate that you know what you are talking about.

No hurry. Take your time if you need it.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This is why islamic tafsirs are worthless.

No exegesis of the words in question were employed.

No verifiable references to the classic lexicons or classic grammars.

Nothing...
http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=108&tid=59292
http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=108&tid=59321

And if you are saying that Islamic tafsirs are worthless then where did you get your resources from if the tafsir you brought as an evidence is not Islamic???
And the other point is that how can a non Muslim explain the details of the Holy Quran if he knows nothing about Islam or against it???
Even though the Holy Quran is clear and the experts of Arabic language are the ones who gave us the meaning of some words which are not used any more but in the formal Arabic language.
If you are not sure of your resources how come you brought them as a proof of your claim?
Would you please answer this question!

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
And if you are saying that Islamic tafsirs are worthless then where did you get your resources from if the tafsir you brought as an evidence is not Islamic???

An exegesis is what is required to understand the Koran...not a tafsir.

For this, the classic grammars, lexicons, and concordances are the tools of choice....and, of course, the Holy Bible...

And the other point is that how can a non Muslim explain the details of the Holy Quran if he knows nothing about Islam or against it???

Islam is not the Koran.

The Koran is not Islam.

Apparently, it takes someone not attached to either one to bring forth the original meanings...

Even though the Holy Quran is clear

If it was clear, then how did its followers get it so wrong?

and the experts of Arabic language are the ones who gave us the meaning of some words which are not used any more but in the formal Arabic language.

As written in the classic grammars and lexicography...you should study these sometime...:)

If you are not sure of your resources how come you brought them as a proof of your claim?
Would you please answer this question!

We are completely confident of our resources.....and the exegesis...

That is why they are shown for all to see and verify for themselves...

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
An exegesis is what is required to understand the Koran...not a tafsir.

Tafsir is the Arabic word for exegesis:

Islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exegesis#Islam
Main article: Tafsir
An Islamic Exegesis of the Qur'an is named Tafsir, and it constituted a large field of the Islamic studies.

For this, the classic grammars, lexicons, and concordances are the tools of choice....and, of course, the Holy Bible...

We already have a book about the grammar of the Holy Quran.

Islam is not the Koran.

The Koran is not Islam.
For sure I didn't talk about the hadiths of prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) and the reason is that we are talking about the Holy Book and it seems to be that there are some people who
are not convinced of the Holy words.
So,how the situation will be if we will
talk about prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him).

Apparently, it takes someone not attached to either one to bring forth the original meanings...

If the Holy quran is clear why to look for another resources to explain what is already clear by itself.

If it was clear, then how did its followers get it so wrong?
Because we have different followers:
1. The ones who have ambitions
2. The ones who are not true Muslims ( hypocrates)
3. The ones who are so naive to believe some false commands which the liars made up.
4. The ones who have no time to search for the truth themselves and they obey anything that others are saying.

As written in the classic grammars and lexicography...you should study these sometime...:)
I will be a liar if I say yes, I do know details of Arabic grammar but what I know is the basics of grammar that makes the sentence clear to be understood.

We are completely confident of our resources.....and the exegesis...

Holy Books are no longer the property of anyone.
They belong to everyone and they are the real resources for the humanity. And if so, they don't need anyone from any party to show other resources than the original Holy Books.

That is why they are shown for all to see and verify for themselves...

So, why then there are some Holy books hidden from the people to look at?

The first thing I would like to say that the Holy religions are not sent to the Shiekhs, Imams, Priests or to the Rabbies.
Holy religions are not sent to clever people only.
It it sent to everyone from the ordinary people to the geniuses. And it is not a mathmatical problem to be solved.
Words which are explained if they are not clear and that's it.
What drove some followers of the Holy religions to be extremists that they thought that what is mentioned in the Holy Books have other explanations and that's why they gathered the people around them in a way to avoid losing fame of having the power over the religion followers. The problem now is not about the Holy religions as what you have mentioned before " who cares about Islam". It is not about having peace and love. It is all about politics and wealth.
So, the naive followers believed the people who are in charge of giving them the truth about their faith and I am not talking about prophets I am talking about the people who tried to convence people to be extremists in every religion.
What we are calling for is to read the Holy Books again and forget about the interpretations and the reason is that the Holy Books are so clear and simple in words and they don't require a second explanation.
And what is a religion without a Holy Book. How come it will be a religion if it has no Holy resources? How could the people know what they should know if the commands are not clear in front of their eyes.
We are going back to the point that Allah/God told us about. That there are some religious people among the people of the Book who hide the truth. And after the truth is revealed in the Holy quran they have nothing to say but to convince people that the Holy Quran is fake.
Is the aim to keep people busy about
the details to make them forget about the original issue?
It is the same way that the leaders of the terrorism are calling for. They have no case but to get the people busy of tiny details and forget about their religions, aren't they?
It is true that when I learn the grammar of the Holy Quran I will find out that It has no grammatical mistakes.
And this lead me to ask you to give me a resource about grammar in the Holy bible. Would you please provide us with one!
experts of the English Language to explain the grammar of the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Christ-ians? :)

Gene 3:24 And He is expelling the 'adam, and he causing to dwell from east to garden of Eden, the cherubim and flame of the sword, the one turning to guard/keep way of tree of the lives.

Gene 5:5 And they are becoming all of days of Adam which he lived, nine of hundreds year and-thirty year and he is dying [1 corin 15:22].

1 Corinthians 15:22 For just as in the adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all shall be being made alive. [Genesis 5:5]

If you are saying that they are Christians. Why then Moses ( peace be upon him ) came before Jesus ( peace be upon him). And why to have Jesus being born again if he was already borned before Adam's time to have him believe in Jesus???
Are you trying to proof the idea that Mary was created before Adam and she gave birth to Jesus whom adam believed in and was crossified at his time. By whom he was crossified??
And how would Adam believe in someone who didn't exist yet???
And if this was your idea that's not what it was mentioned in the Holy Bible.

15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

So, how come you are saying that prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) was crossified?
Allah/God took him to heaven. He didn't die. He was raised to heaven.

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

All what was mentioned were not Jesus words. He wasn't the speaker.
And how come you follow someone who is perching something which is not known in the time of Jesus ( peace be upon him).
In hadiths of prophet Muhammed ( peace be upon him) not a single man made up his words away from the prophet's commands. No believers speak a word of their own in the abscence of their prophet unless they are reminding people of what the prophet has said. it is not about making their own religion it is about reminding people of what the prophet said and this person didn't mention at once that Jesus ( peace be upon him) told him what he told the people about and it is true that some people watch the prophets and they try to follow them but they shouldn't make their own way but what they say should be under the shadow of the orders of the prophet himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
We are going back to the point that Allah/God told us about.

Back to the beginning...

What makes you think that your "allah" is the same God that Christians worship?

That there are some religious people among the people of the Book who hide the truth.

Here we go again with this islamic myth.

Too bad this is not supported by the authors of the Koran.

Islamic myths die hard.

And after the truth is revealed in the Holy quran they have nothing to say but to convince people that the Holy Quran is fake.

And what "truth" does the Koran reveal...?

That Jesus Christ is God Almighty....that He created the Universe...that He was crucified until death upon the cross...that He was singularly resurrected from the dead...that He will return upon a cloud...that He judges the dead...?

Are these the truths of which you speak..?

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[/color]

Back to the beginning...

What makes you think that your "allah" is the same God that Christians worship?

Here we go again with this islamic myth.

Too bad this is not supported by the authors of the Koran.

Islamic myths die hard.

And what "truth" does the Koran reveal...?

That Jesus Christ is God Almighty....that He created the Universe...that He was crucified until death upon the cross...that He was singularly resurrected from the dead...that He will return upon a cloud...that He judges the dead...?

Are these the truths of which you speak..?

And I don't think that the Holy Bible is telling us what you are trying to convince everyone with.
The Holy Bible didn't say that Jesus ( peace be upon him) is God Almighty.
Just read the Holy Bible again and bring me one verse that doesn't contradict with another to tell us that Jesus is God Almighty and he created the world. Just one clear line which I don't have to go back to a reference to understand.
If you really love the Holy Books so much then this means that you understand them well. But what you are saying is a huge proof that you read what you don't understand.
Holy words and Holy meanings are a group of verses supporting each other to form a Holy Book. And if you bring me a verse that contradict another then it means that there is a missing part or a misunderstanding.
It is so easy for me to come and take the role of a cassette player by repeating the same sentence "You are wrong and your religion is fake."
Do cassette players understand? Do they answer our questions. They just have the off/on buttons. They are helpless. And we are not machines we are humanbeings who are blessed with brains.

I believe in Allah/God and I believe in all the Holy religions and no money is going into my pocket by saying lets get together and start loving each other.
I remember that prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) taught his followers the love of others and my friend you missed this command and turning the other cheek.
If you are not behaving like real religious Christians then what's the point of defending Christianity while you don't practice any of its beliefs? You didn't show me a real Christian.
Think again about represting Christianity and think again about defending it.
And for your information. I love prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) more than you do, Moses and Muhammed ( peace be upon them all),too.
And it is part of my faith. Did the religion teach us to hate people? No it didn't.
I am trying to get the people together to love each other and you are trying hard to separate them apart.
Is this the peace and love that Allah/God and His prophets are asking us to make?
Just put down that armor and take off that helmet! We are not in a war.
Peace makers never carry weapons but their logic.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And for your information. I love prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) more than you do, Moses and Muhammed ( peace be upon them all),too.
And it is part of my faith. Did the religion teach us to hate people? No it didn't.
It is also a part of your faith to force sharia on the rest of us, isn't it.

Upvote 0

ApplePie7

Aug 24, 2007
✟3,030.00
Faith
Christian
And I don't think that the Holy Bible is telling us what you are trying to convince everyone with.

Then demonstrate this for us...

The Holy Bible didn't say that Jesus ( peace be upon him) is God Almighty.

Yes it does.

Jesus, Himself states this.

The authors of the Koran also state that He is God. The true God.

Just read the Holy Bible again and bring me one verse that doesn't contradict with another to tell us that Jesus is God Almighty and he created the world. Just one clear line which I don't have to go back to a reference to understand.

ο νικων κληρονομησει ταυτα και εσομαι αυτω θεος και αυτος εσται μοι υιος

ho nikao kleronomeo houtos kai esomai autos theos kai autos esomai moi huios

The one overcoming will inherit all things, and I will be God to him, and he will be the son to Me. (Rev 21.7)

If you really love the Holy Books so much then this means that you understand them well. But what you are saying is a huge proof that you read what you don't understand.

False.

Holy words and Holy meanings are a group of verses supporting each other to form a Holy Book. And if you bring me a verse that contradict another then it means that there is a missing part or a misunderstanding.

Would you like to see some contradicting ayahs from the Koran?

I believe in Allah/God and I believe in all the Holy religions and no money is going into my pocket by saying lets get together and start loving each other.

Do you believe in the god "allah" as described within the pages of the koran?

I remember that prophet Jesus ( peace be upon him) taught his followers the love of others and my friend you missed this command and turning the other cheek.

Since when is keeping a fellow human from following the devil, turning the other cheek?

Think again about represting Christianity and think again about defending it.

Done.

Do you take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior as commanded by the Koran?

I am trying to get the people together to love each other and you are trying hard to separate them apart.

Then truth, by nature, causes division.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.