Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Barry has not said he isnt a sinner

Barry behaves in much the same way as those ones who brought the adulterous woman to Jesus. And, we know how Jesus handled THAT situation, don't we?

but I am under the impression you have said some aren't as you deny homosexual practice is a sin. Is this so?
I don't know whether or not homosexual practice is a sin. Is it? I'm not God. I can't find the word 'homosexual' at all in the original scriptures. It's even missing from the KJV. If it IS a sin then it's evidently such a minor one that we can probably relegate it to the level of the pretty well accepted sin of divorce and remarriage by Christianity. What do you think?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Their religion was depraved so God destroyed them and it, thus He will do again soon to those who copy the above as God will not put up with it!!
Fine... and, um, what part of the described Canaanite religion sounds remotely like mutually consented to homosexuality?

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay, Barry. Quick question. Are you telling us that you are not a sinner like the rest of us? Are you saying that you've attained a level of perfection in your life? And please don't tell me that you're sinless by virtue of having Jesus Christ in your life. Are YOU, "barryrob", without sin?

We are not arguing "practice" here but what we know in the message of Christ and God...
You are debating on "practice" then I have a question for you .... Are the homosexuals so much more moral in their personal lives (other their personal struggle) that can stand vis-a-vis of what you can say?
No... We are not arguing on a personal stance here but merely what is "said" in the message of Christ. What you are saying is Off topic my friend. Deal with the issue....

The Father wants us to "attain" perfection... that is the goal. It has been said time and time again. Stick to the subject.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can't find the word 'homosexual' at all in the original scriptures.

Those who have ears let them hear.... It is all over the Bible and Barryrod did a good job bringing it forth.. In the Old Testament... plenty and also in the Gospels and in the Acts and Epistles.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those who have ears let them hear.... It is all over the Bible and Barryrod did a good job bringing it forth.. In the Old Testament... plenty and also in the Gospels and in the Acts and Epistles.

It's 'all over' the Bible? The Gospels?

Pure and unadulterated deception.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Keep repeating yourself it will not prove anything... Where is your evidence? The stance that there is proof in Bible has already being brought forth... Where you see in the Bible that says "homosexuals are okay with God?"

Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married

There is non so blind as those who do not want to see:-

Matthew 15:14
LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.". . .

Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Okay, Barry. Quick question. Are you telling us that you are not a sinner like the rest of us? Are you saying that you've attained a level of perfection in your life? And please don't tell me that you're sinless by virtue of having Jesus Christ in your life. Are YOU, "barryrob", without sin?

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

to quote the obvious.​

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by KCKID

Barryrob's personal reltionship with the Lord is not the OP here... You are derailing the thread... if you noticed. Ad hominen...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
God will conduct a spiritual cleansing work—the removal of fornicators and adulterers and homosexuals—most of the religions of Christendom will not do. Israel claimed to serve Jehovah as they practiced ancient sex worship soon. (see 2 Chronicles 33:17)
Christendom’s congregations say ‘Lord, Lord,’ even as sexual immorality flourishes in their midst. "Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known," Jehovah asks, "and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, ‘We are safe’—safe to do all these detestable things?"—Jeremiah 7:4, 8-10, New International Version.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God will conduct a spiritual cleansing work—the removal of fornicators and adulterers and homosexuals—most of the religions of Christendom will not do. Israel claimed to serve Jehovah as they practiced ancient sex worship soon. (see 2 Chronicles 33:17)​

Christendom’s congregations say ‘Lord, Lord,’ even as sexual immorality flourishes in their midst. "Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known," Jehovah asks, "and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, ‘We are safe’—safe to do all these detestable things?"—Jeremiah 7:4, 8-10, New International Version.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I see the above as none other than an emotional and obsessive rant that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Please, Barry ...get a grip on yourself before you have a heart attack.

Upvote 0

meegan

Worshiper
May 2, 2008
Lafayette, IN
✟7,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
as someone that has had a homosexual relationship, all that i have to say is that if i had read this before i left that lifestyle i would have totally been turned off by this...
i hope that when you do find someone in this lifestyle you don't go off like this on them b/c what is more than likely to happen is that they push aside Christianity. Preaching and ranting at someone won't help with anything.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
as someone that has had a homosexual relationship, all that i have to say is that if i had read this before i left that lifestyle i would have totally been turned off by this...
i hope that when you do find someone in this lifestyle you don't go off like this on them b/c what is more than likely to happen is that they push aside Christianity. Preaching and ranting at someone won't help with anything.

When Christ told the rich man what it was expected of him to gain the kingdom ... the rich man did leave too... It was his choice... to follow Christ's advice or not... If they decide to push it aside then it is their choice. It is better for them to openely reject it than live in a lie ...maybe that way when/if later realize what ti means to be "away" from Christ they will come back. But if we tell them they are okay... we are been hypoctites... :sorry:

Now as far as having a personla one to one encounter... we do need to be accepting and loving to the person, accepting him/her (but not his actiosn) that is another situation of course not.. . IMO it is another thing to "debate" it and another to be communicating about it in a different setting... You cannot try to "correct" right away... YOu have to take into account how appropriate such a move would be...:angel:

Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I see the above as none other than an emotional and obsessive rant that has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Please, Barry ...get a grip on yourself before you have a heart attack.

Just telling the truth.

They can change if they want to buit if not then God will deal with them as above!

It is God they have to face!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Barryrob's personal reltionship with the Lord is not the OP here... You are derailing the thread... if you noticed. Ad hominen...

Hi Philothei

It is not me they are against it is what God says in the Bible they are against!

I do not take it personal as I am nothing against God's Word!

Thank for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0