United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is worship to you?

Is it singing?

Is it dancing?

Is it only done for a couple hours every Sunday morning?

What does scripture state about true worship?

It states that true worshippers are those who worship in spirit and in truth. Whether we understand it or not, worship is a 24/7 type deal. Our every action, word, thought, and intent is a reflection of who and what we worship.

Do you genuinely love others out of the overflow of your spirit? Then you are in a good spot to worship the Almighty.

Do you harbor bitterness, envy, greed, lust, etc? Then your worship is mostly of man and the human spirit.

You cannot worship both God and the flesh. Choose today which you will honor and then ask your Father in heaven for the ability to do the right you know you should do, but lack the ability to do. He cares!

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people have gotten off the true path and believe worship is only for the church gathering.

"I can't wait until worship ON SUNDAY"

This attitude is poison to the spirit. And must not be.

Not accusing anyone in particular of it, but we all have heard thise words.

If we could promote a lifestyle of worship, where every thought, action, and word were born out of the Holy Spirit and not the human spirit then my what potential we would all carry!

It is not just about gathering on Sundays, but we all must carry and conduct ourselves as purified vessels of God. Bought by the blood of Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit.

May we all understand this and have the strength to teach it as well to those who may not.

What do you think? Is worship a lifestyle? Or only something we do when others we church with are looking?

Reactions: SwordmanJr
Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Worship is acknowledging God's worth. It shouldn't be limited to Sunday mornings, but I have issues with this movement to eliminate actual worship by redefining it so broadly that just showing up in a church is now being called worship, and giving God real praise is seen as cutting into the message that WAY to often is more the word of the preacher than the word of God. We need to get back to the place that God's time is more important than the preacher's. Worship God until the Spirit says to move on and if there's time left over, the preacher can have his time.

I have a HUGE problem with God's time being viewed as warm up, and flex time.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know what you're saying.

It's more than lifestyle. It includes...

There's some awesome music especially when the lyrics are about Yahweh. Music touches our hearts and can lead us into worship but hopefully we can worship Him without it.

Not just for Sundays and can worship in our prayer closet where usually there's fewer interruptions (Matt 6:6).

Sometimes there's waiting on Yahweh's direction. In church, sometimes that means there's no sermon. This waiting makes some uncomfortable but think it's vital.

After looking some at the 50 chapters, we find that they had a purpose for entering Moses Tabernacle. In the outer court, there was repentance and everyone sang praises (Psa 100). But only a few entered The Holy Place where there was the bread, the candlestick, and incense (Exo 25). A heavy veil ensured that no one but the high priest - after considerable but understandable preparation - would enter into The Holy of Holies. Because of Yeshua's loving sacrifice, the veil was torn from top to bottom (Matt 27) and now all believers are priests (I Peter 2:5-9) and can enter.

The Holy of Holies isn't entered into carelessly or irreverently (Psa 99:9). James 4:8 states if we draw close to Yahweh, then He'll draw close to us. Worship means we get our minds off ourselves and put our focus on Him (Psa 145) and bless and exalt His name (Neh 9:5, Job 1:20-21, Psa 99). It involves our body, soul, and spirit (Psa 138:1, John 4:23-24).

How do we know if we have worshiped Him? In His presence, there can be a strengthening (Neh 8:10); communication (Gen 3:8), times of refreshing (Acts 3:19), and joy (Psa 16:11). Whether in private or in other locations, these times of worshiping Yahweh leaves us totally fulfilled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i will take it further .. it is our sacrificial service to God in obedience .

for example . Jesus said , if you love me keep my commands , that is to say, do what i tell you .
Then - he told the deciples .'Go heal the sick ,preach the gospel drive out demons ,make more disciples baptizing them in my name and then teach them also to do everything i have commanded ...

so if we are not doing what he has commanded us to do , can we then say we love him in a warm fuzzy song on a sunday and call it worship ? not when he said =if you love me you will obey = .
how can disobedience be off set by 3 fast songs 3 slow songs and some fancy sound and lighting generated atmosphere ? it cant be offset . we cant trick god .
he knows .
but as harsh as this sounds i was sold in it in times past ..

now i don't even bother to attend such electronic generated emotionalism .

so when do i worship ... ? well today i had a awesome time worship after my last job for the day ,i asked the folks at the house where i was if they had any pain .. and the lady said she had terrible back pain, i offered to take care of that for her in Jesus name . she agreed .so i prayed for her back ..nothing happened , so we sat her in a seat and saw her back/or hips were out of line (makes one foot look shorter ) so with her family members as witness ,commanded the leg to align .. it aligned and her legs were the same length .ewe then got her up and she declaring excitedly that ..The pain was gone .. then i shared the gospel declaring the kingdom of god has come to you today .. the holy Spirit is ALWAYS present woth us ,he is not dependent upon a "feeling" we do not ever have to 'feel " him .. what Jesus has said he has said and his word is true no mater what we feel .
this sort of thing is worship ...thats what i now enjoy as worship these days . if i began to share every thing that happened even this week i would be typing very very longs posts ..
going back to a box with a lid on it with fancy music where no one is either doing the will of god not teachings others to do it has absolutely no interest for me now .

you can do it to .

go watch this -its a good starter to get your thinking realigned and break away from the religiosity of the churched box .

Upvote 0

Freedom Now

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
✟15,948.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship
the Father in Spirit and Truth, for such the Father seeks to worship Him....

I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a
living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

What man nowadays calls worshipping in the religious institutions, is not found in
the New Testament of those who follow Christ...

we do find....

encourage one another...
upbuild one another...
teach and admonish one another in all wisdom...
speak in tongues +interpretation....
prophecy.....
addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs....
revelations spoken forth....
breaking bread.....
prayers....

What the, brethren?
When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue,
or an interpretation.

Let all things be done for edification.

It seems the assembling together is for the edification of Christ's body (followers of Christ),

not as what we see in most organised religious institutions of this world.

May we completely lay down our lives as a living sacrifice, no longer going our own
way and following our own agendas, but only in obedience follow as HE directs and
thereby prove what is the will of GOD...

This is your spiritual worship.....

Reactions: SwordmanJr
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship
the Father in Spirit and Truth, for such the Father seeks to worship Him....

I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a
living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

What man nowadays calls worshipping in the religious institutions, is not found in
the New Testament of those who follow Christ...

we do find....

encourage one another...
upbuild one another...
teach and admonish one another in all wisdom...
speak in tongues +interpretation....
prophecy.....
addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs....
revelations spoken forth....
breaking bread.....
prayers....

What the, brethren?
When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue,
or an interpretation.

Let all things be done for edification.

It seems the assembling together is for the edification of Christ's body (followers of Christ),

not as what we see in most organised religious institutions of this world.

May we completely lay down our lives as a living sacrifice, no longer going our own
way and following our own agendas, but only in obedience follow as HE directs and
thereby prove what is the will of GOD...

This is your spiritual worship.....
Exactly :)
And we cant truly do any of the above ,ifwe are not walking in obedience to Jesus.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Glad your back up and running Bryan ... I was sitting in church one time while everyone else was milling about before the sermon started when I picked up the bible in the pew in front of me and just turned to the scripture, "Worship the Lord in spirit and in truth".

So I asked the Lord what does this mean Lord? He doesn't always answer right away ... two weeks go by and I'm sitting in the same seat and the service hasn't started yet when an angel of the Lord appeared in my spirit and said, "Remember when you asked the Lord, "What does it mean to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth"?

I said yes and the angel said, "It just means love Him"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad your back up and running Bryan ... I was sitting in church one time while everyone else was milling about before the sermon started when I picked up the bible in the pew in front of me and just turned to the scripture, "Worship the Lord in spirit and in truth".

So I asked the Lord what does this mean Lord? He doesn't always answer right away ... two weeks go by and I'm sitting in the same seat and the service hasn't started yet when an angel of the Lord appeared in my spirit and said, "Remember when you asked the Lord, "What does it mean to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth"?

I said yes and the angel said, "It just means love Him"
thats a great point .. so what did he say of those that LOVE him ? he says IF you LOVE ME .. you will keep my commands .which basically means ,you will do what i tell you to do :)
love is never without action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Worship is an aspect of love. As a result, it is not so easily defined (completely). It has elements of humility, thankfulness, devotion, acceptance, exaltation, and joy, among others.
and never can obedience be excluded for all other forms or expressions of worship are nullified if obedience is not present .

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Worshiping the Lord each and every day is paramount. Corporate worship is fine so long as those who engage it were living a life of worship outside the assembly. Otherwise, it's nothing but a group of people who think they can enter into a special purpose building, flip on the "worship" switch when the show starts, and then flip it back off when leaving.

That clearly is not worship acceptable before the Lord.

Another comment above mentioned that the main purpose of the gathering is mutual edification. Too bad that doesn't really happen much while looking at the backs of other people's heads. Fellowship is face to face, not face to back.

Jr
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffourwindsangels%2Ftohimwhositsonthethrone3

Upvote 0