Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the dirty old man? I'm not old. But I am a man. I do take an interest in younger girls. So where is the crossing line? Are there requirements to be the DOM? When does it cease to be creepy and turn into nature? How do you yourself feel about the DOM?

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If one partner is under the age of consent, or someone has persistently expressed their discomfort with the attentions of another, that is when a line is crossed. Outside of the age of consent, which varies depending on where you are in the world, those lines are very much drawn on a case by case basis.

What is creepy to one person will be endearing to another. Just as comments found offensive by one is good humoured banter to someone else. There may be a commonly accepted generalisation of what defines a DOM, but I'm not sure that is incredibly accurate.

I've never met someone I'd consider a dirty old man. However my acceptable dating range is rather broad, and I'm too old really to be considered too young for the majority of men actively seeking a dating partner. So my opinion is, perhaps, invalid.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
50 or 60 year olds who phone you when you're 18 to ask what kind of underwear you wear.
Lol I seriously grabbed through the wash to look it up for him. Then my mom said that was just a dirty old man, so the next day I hung up when he called.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
"Dirty" is what is going on in the person's mind...primarily it is viewing the opposite sex as a sexual object. Dirty old man is when you are having those thoughts about a woman who is young enough to be biologically your daughter. You are acting like a DOM when you actually think those young women will look at you like a peer.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Anyone can be a "dirty" person in this way, male or female, young or old.

Someone like this ignores social boundaries and personal boundaries to be sexual and sexually suggestive.

People do this to me a lot, and it's disgusting. They are complete strangers who come up to me (usually at work, but also in public) and say explicit sexual things to me, tell me how much they'd like to have sex with me, or even tell me they'd like to force me to do something sexual to them. On the lighter end, they just try to corner me and invite me to their homes and things like that, which is just as gross.

Reactions: JaapAap
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're unattractive.
Pretty much.

Same with stalkers.

if-the-person-is-ugly-you-call-them-a-stalker.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone can be a "dirty" person in this way, male or female, young or old. Someone like this ignores social boundaries and personal boundaries to be sexual and sexually suggestive.
^ Pretty much. Personally, most of my uncomfortable experiences have been with men old enough to be my Dad, Grandpa, or married guys who wanted a "little fun" on the side...nope, nope, all kinds of nope. The only "abnormal" occurrence was a 17-18 year old boy from NZ...we won't go there.

Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
^ Pretty much. Personally, most of my uncomfortable experiences have been with men old enough to be my Dad, Grandpa, or married guys who wanted a "little fun" on the side...nope, nope, all kinds of nope. The only "abnormal" occurrence was a 17-18 year old boy from NZ...we won't go there.

Most of my experiences have been with older men as well, around late 50's to late 60's.

Leaning across the table and telling me that they'd "tap that" (while wiggling their eyebrows at me) if they were a few years younger is never acceptable.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most of my experiences have been with older men as well, around late 50's to late 60's. Leaning across the table and telling me that they'd "tap that" (while wiggling their eyebrows at me) if they were a few years younger is never acceptable.
Exactly, I have guys offer to be my sugar daddy if I'd......
No! Ugh. I never have understood it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone can be a "dirty" person in this way, male or female, young or old.

Someone like this ignores social boundaries and personal boundaries to be sexual and sexually suggestive.

People do this to me a lot, and it's disgusting. They are complete strangers who come up to me (usually at work, but also in public) and say explicit sexual things to me, tell me how much they'd like to have sex with me, or even tell me they'd like to force me to do something sexual to them. On the lighter end, they just try to corner me and invite me to their homes and things like that, which is just as gross.

So sorry you ladies have to endure such disrespectful behavior. :hug:

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much.

Same with stalkers.

if-the-person-is-ugly-you-call-them-a-stalker.jpg

Yeah man, back when I used to look like Arnie women thought me peeping behind the bushes was charming.. but like now.. I get a visit from the cops..

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

No.

Someone who doesn't respect your boundaries and pursues you in a predatory manner is a stalker.

Someone respecting your boundaries while showing interest in you would be a secret admirer.

I am the victim of stalking and I take great offense to people trying to play it off as something minor, like this text does.

Upvote 0